Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pactfor

warrior products

Well all I can say is I have had my 1100 shaft for 3 years and still no breaks dents nothing. Best stick i have ever had period.

Before that I had one of Brett Hulls Returned shafts.

I have been dealing with them in both locations and never had any issues like any of you nor had and product issue.

If Easton (considering they are one of the best products out there) says Warrior/Inno is a good stick then it cant be that bad of a product. nott o mention all the NHL players using them this season and espically switching to them in the playoffs?

I have never heard you guys so negative on such a great product?

I always thought Inno was ok at best. The blades were nice but they don't feel as good as they used to. Performance was also suspect at best on Innos, a lot of people had torque issues with the sticks.

Its not the product, its the attitude. I have been in the sporting goods business my entire life. In the class of Ancient History Sporting Goods 101, I remember when Champion had the sweat shirt everybody had to have; seen them lately?, when Reebok shoes hit the market and challenged Nike; how did that battle turn out?, guess who won that war, and when Starter owned the licensed goods field with team jackets and more; how is Chapter 11 working out for them? These companies and their management people brought an attitude to the industry that I recognize very clearly in Warrior: We don't need you, you need us. Oh really? I think its a partnership between dealer and vendor, otherwise the vendor is doomed. Like I said, they could re-invent the wheel and still screw it up with their attitude towards dealers. Without dealers to drive the product through the marketplace, they will not have squat in the big picture. And if you listen to them, they want to paint a very big picture.

And to add to Dark Stars comments what completes the cycle is the decision by the consumer to purchase product and maybe be loyal to the product or company.

Actually I got a Royal from the States earlier this year thinking I'd like to assess for myself how the stick would be. I payed the foolish duties etc and received it. To be honest it is great.

With even more enthusiasm waited for the products to suface in Canada and boom, have been nailed with some of the same stuff as above, all for attempting to be loyal to a company. I just dont get that.

I have only seen/heard of Warrior in hockey magazines.  Until today I had no idea Innovative and Warrior were one of the same.  Here in the Ottawa/Hull region (Canada) I have never seen their products either and have never asked bout them either.  I did see Innovative sticks for sale at the Goalie Heaven on Ebay and everytime they have such a stick for sale they always specify that it's rare and I never understood why lol... now if they act the same way about Innovative sticks as they do with Warrior sticks and gear, it's easy to understand why they say they are rare.  I honestly can't understand how a hockey company would want to avoid selling their gear in Canada when it is a fact that Canada is the biggest hockey nation in terms of hockey players.  Yes Europe can compare IMO, but there are way more hockey players in Canada than in the States and that's for sure.  So why ignore such a big market?  Specially a market like the GTA??  Montreal?? Vancouver??  Maybe they do sell their gear somewhere in Canada, who knows but if they did I'm sure they would advertise their gear....

NO inno/warrior in montreal at all, i know what going on in my town lolll :P

Well ! you can get warrior sticks in Quebec for sure.... ;)

...umm where?

I'm glad to see everyone is as pissed off at Warrior as I am. All their ads have some of my kids freaked out that I can't get them. It's insane. Nike/Bauer has been good lately; Easton's good when they have stock and I think Mission's Pulse will surprise some people. CCM's is lacking, but should rebound. The 10.0 looks ok. But anyway, I hope Warrior fails and the traditional hockey companies prevail.. DON'T SCREW WITH THE LOCAL HOCKEY SHOPS!!!!

And to "OLD TRAINER GUY", I take it you've never worked retail because this is about business. Not about whether you think the stick is good or not.

ah ben, aucun dealer sur warrior.com.Anyways, Mais Sherbrooke c'est pas a Montreal;).

Fraser sa m'étonne, ils ont jamais eu de inno,et dernier foix que j'ai été, j'ai rien vue de warrior mais toute le stock 2006 de easton,bauer etc étais la...

P.S: Combien le AK27 85 grip??

merci!

I'm glad to see everyone is as pissed off at Warrior as I am. All their ads have some of my kids freaked out that I can't get them. It's insane. Nike/Bauer has been good lately; Easton's good when they have stock and I think Mission's Pulse will surprise some people. CCM's is lacking, but should rebound. The 10.0 looks ok. But anyway, I hope Warrior fails and the traditional hockey companies prevail.. DON'T SCREW WITH THE LOCAL HOCKEY SHOPS!!!!

And to "OLD TRAINER GUY", I take it you've never worked retail because this is about business. Not about whether you think the stick is good or not.

I have been in retail for almost 30 years so you might want to read everything I wrote.

I had orginally said that both companies I have been at have never had issues with the company or the product.

Also had gone on to say that I thought the product was the best I had ever used.

Next time you might want to read all the thread and or maybe read the profile before making dumb comments like that!

Your right. I didn't see that you work in shop, OLD trainer. But you HAVE the sticks already so of course your not gonna have a problem with the company! Do you own the shop? Because if ya did and you couldn't get these sticks with all the advertising they've done, you might be a little ticked off too. Also, I think your comments have been "dumb" by not recognizing the fact that good proshops can't get these sticks.

Your right. I didn't see that you work in shop, OLD trainer. But you HAVE the sticks already so of course your not gonna have a problem with the company! Do you own the shop? Because if ya did and you couldn't get these sticks with all the advertising they've done, you might be a little ticked off too. Also, I think your comments have been "dumb" by not recognizing the fact that good proshops can't get these sticks.

Well the shop I used to work at has them and they are the best PRO SHOP in Toronto so again I dont see your point.

No I dont know all the stores that arent getting them but the really good stores in the Toronto area where I am have them.

Do I own the store no its a rather large company but I do look after 20 pro shops and when i was at the old store they always had a good relationship with them and that was from day one.

Ask sogaduch its his store and a LHS so if others are having issues you UNFORTUNATLEY dont have the great rep we do. I am sorry thats the case that all you guys have had but I havent had the problems and because I havent I get dumped on?

Your right. I didn't see that you work in shop, OLD trainer.  But you HAVE the sticks already so of course your not gonna have a problem with the company!  Do you own the shop?  Because if ya did and you couldn't get these sticks with all the advertising they've done, you might be a little ticked off too.  Also, I think your comments have been "dumb" by not recognizing the fact that good proshops can't get these sticks.

Well the shop I used to work at has them and they are the best PRO SHOP in Toronto so again I dont see your point.

No I dont know all the stores that arent getting them but the really good stores in the Toronto area where I am have them.

Do I own the store no its a rather large company but I do look after 20 pro shops and when i was at the old store they always had a good relationship with them and that was from day one.

Ask sogaduch its his store and a LHS so if others are having issues you UNFORTUNATLEY dont have the great rep we do. I am sorry thats the case that all you guys have had but I havent had the problems and because I havent I get dumped on?

When you're the 800 pound gorilla in a major hockey area, you tend to get special treatment. The gear is overrated and the US service was always sub-par and that's saying a lot in the hockey industry.

Still think your wrong about the product and back when it was introduced and when you and I first met I was in the same boat as you so ......as I said before its a shame you guys didnt get better service the rep we had back then and the new rep we have now are really good guys.

Still think your wrong about the product and back when it was introduced and when you and I first met I was in the same boat as you so ......as I said before its a shame you guys didnt get better service the rep we had back then and the new rep we have now are really good guys.

When we talked to our rep he wasn't even sure what part of the state we were in or if there were any other shops around us. I know a lot of people were put off by the attitude at the trade shows. For some reason, "fill out this application and maybe we'll get back to you" doesn't seem to go over well. Inno was a cult thing because of the limited distribution. Now they promote the lifestyle and not the product. The catalog is a joke, virtually no specs on anything. Even the new stuff is still marginal to me.

I know a lot of people were put off by the attitude at the trade shows. For some reason, "fill out this application and maybe we'll get back to you" doesn't seem to go over well.

I knew they were bs when 5 seconds into meeting them at OneGoal that was the reception I got. "Fill out an application." Nice to meet you, too, J-O. The booth was so smug it was disgusting. Please don't ever bitch about any NBH attitude until anyone of you has dealt with these guys. Think "Animal House" and the a-hole frat guys. This is Warrior. Cool? I don't think so. I really don't care how good the OPS is or who uses it in the NHL. You are just a hockey company. Lose the tude and come back to earth. Maybe then we'll talk.

I believe I shall never buy a warrior product or if I do I may have to spray paint it and tell everyone it's an Easton B)

AK27 excluded.

Does this spell the impending doom of Warrior or is their lax money enough to keep this going?

I know they want to create a "specialty high end" market for example limited number of kingpins available. What I dont understand is the not tapping into the biggest hockey market in the world to sell products. I dont have an MBA but this business strategy is hard to figure out. The window for creating a consumer demand buzz is slowly closing and the winds of negativity are starting to blow.

Negativity? Maybe among LHS owners/managers but at the consumer level I believe they're in a fairly sweet spot.

The products is still regarded as good, huge amounts of pro exposure (everybody and their grandmother switching to warrior in the nhl), a glitzy marketing campaign that will and has surely made just about every teenage hockey player drool, and scarcity so that people are asking for warrior.

Sometimes high prices and short supply are enough to make someone think a product is high end. Add that to Inno's cult like base and it's a desirable product.

Not to me though because I was disgusted by the direction of their advertisements.

I hate companies that try to convince the consumer that their product is cool and not that their product is better.

I ramble, in short I disagree that negativity is present among consumers in regards to warrior, myself and some on this board excluded though.

So far we have gotten pretty good service from Warrior at the shop I work at in California. We are far from an 800 lbs gorrila. Medium sized shop at a 2 rink facility.

We didn't even go to the Vegas show (I did hear from a few people that DarkStar50s experience on the East coast happened here as well). Just called them after. I had our order written up before we were even approved. Got the product on time, It is selling well. On a side note we have been an Innovative dealer since 1998. Must be a California thing.

As far as customer service, I broke a Mackdaddy blade after a few weeks. Got a replacement pretty quick.

My LHS has new Warrior sticks in. Guy there said they are a pretty good company to deal with. Probably doesn't hurt that the Cup is in town for the summer. :D AFAIK they never carried Inno product. The only place I've ever seen Inno stuff available is ePuck.

Todd