Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Fastest Skater

Who is the fastest skater in Roller Hockey (Widley Known I guess)? Is it Yoder?Stahl?What skates does he use? Im trying to prove a point to a friend.

Well, Ill tell you after nationals in detroit this weekend! :P

At the USA National Juniors Program, they pick 4 players for to play for the USA Mens team. Im sure that one of those 4 would be it. Just my opinion.

Ales Hemsky is way faster than any of those USA guys! I know he is an NHL player but he rules at the IIHF Inline world cup! A few year ago he was using Vapour xx converted to inlines!

check out the NARCh site, they normally have the times listed for the skills results each season..I think Youshzywn from the Oakville squad has consistently been among the fastest....also Brad Ellis is one fast mofo..as was Nigel Williams and Gilbert Brule (but Brule didn't play Finals)

Sam Gagner is dirty fast too, and that kid from the Irvine Raiders Jr gold team last year..

wait..Cadiz maybe?? regardless for tournament series stuff its probably a bantam or midget

depends on "fast" and Nigel was ranked #12 for North America by TSN/CSB so he's no slouch..

but fast can be a lap around the rink, with a puck on the stick, backchecking someone impossibly ahead etc...I'll take acceleration over speed anyday of the week..

Agreed, Thats why I think Billy Sweat has him beat. But I can easily be wrong, I havnt seen Nigel in a while.

A funny story about Billy Sweat, he was playin with us in Chicago. He got into a little word fight with somebody while fighting for the puck. Of course he comes up with it and is gone extremly fast! This guy is backchecking his butt off for Billy. Billy turns around, with the puck on his stick, waves the backchecker on, saying "Come on". While keeping his feet moving.

It may seem like much, but imagine somebody backchecking their butt off for you and turning around taking my hand off the stick, keep the puck on your stick while being turned around.

I knew he was pissed, so i just stood down by my goalie and said hes gona score :lol:

Ales Hemsky is way faster than any of those USA guys!  I know he is an NHL player but he rules at the IIHF Inline world cup!  A few year ago he was using Vapour xx converted to inlines!

ya i got to watch a few highlight videos of him playing inline and man does he make other players look retarted. :lol: but then again he makes a lot of NHL players look retarted as well.

Is there any way some of you could post some videos of these guys? They sound like they are awesome to watch.

Agreed, Thats why I think Billy Sweat has him beat. But I can easily be wrong, I havnt seen Nigel in a while.

A funny story about Billy Sweat, he was playin with us in Chicago. He got into a little word fight with somebody while fighting for the puck. Of course he comes up with it and is gone extremly fast! This guy is backchecking his butt off for Billy. Billy turns around, with the puck on his stick, waves the backchecker on, saying "Come on". While keeping his feet moving.

It may seem like much, but imagine somebody backchecking their butt off for you and turning around taking my hand off the stick, keep the puck on your stick while being turned around.

I knew he was pissed, so i just stood down by my goalie and said hes gona score :lol:

Hahahahahahahahahaha :lol:

That's great

Sounds like a real classy guy.... :ph34r:

Dont tell me youve never gotten into an argument or a pissy match with somebody. If you could be that fast and talented, why not make the guy look like a fool?

Dont tell me youve never gotten into an argument or a pissy match with somebody. If you could be that fast and talented, why not make the guy look like a fool?

You already did make him look like a fool by digging the puck out and scoring...No need to stoop to his level and mock him...Thats just putting a target on your back and asking to get hit with a cheap shot...To each his own, whatever you wanna do is up to you, but in my eyes showing poor sportmanship cancels out how good you are...I know plenty of guys who are very talented who dont have to show off for everyone to know they are good, they just do their thing score their goals and get on with the game, and I know a few who are talented who show out after everything they do and no one talks to them on the bench in the locker room or around the rink...They are the ones who wine and cry because they were taunting someone and they other guy gave them a cheap shot, and the funny thing is the ref never seems to call it or see's it... :) And no I have never showed someone up who was below my level because I was better than them for any reason, with them running their mouths or whatever and I never will, again I will say thats just classless...

Well, when that guy cheap shots you and takes a penalty, mocking him would be worth it wouldnt it!

Sure and when you win you'll be able to celebrate all by yourself....Look whatever you wanna think or do out there thats on you, I could care less...Me personally I think if your good and you show people up just to stroke your ego then you have no class and your worthless....But thats just me...Im sure its the "cool" thing for the younger guys to do now, I know how it was when I was younger and you have to prove your the man etc.. etc... When you grow up and mature a little you'll realize what Im saying, until then celebrate, taunt, and look foolish all you wont thats your right....

I understand what your saying. But to stroke the ego may not be the only reason to do it. If guys start taking cheap shots, getting pissed, the team starts to break apart. We play to win the game, do what it takes. If you have to look like an asshole to do it, then do it. We're in it for winning, not being friends with the other guy.

I understand what your saying. But to stroke the ego may not be the only reason to do it. If guys start taking cheap shots, getting pissed, the team starts to break apart. We play to win the game, do what it takes. If you have to look like an asshole to do it, then do it. We're in it for winning, not being friends with the other guy.

LOL....the youth of today....Your right kid, its ALLL about winning...At all cost no matter what, your right Im completely wrong....There is no place for sportsmanship....

Well, I do not know the answer to the original question. But I do have an opinion on the subject that has emerged. I have to say that I agree with All Torhs Team. I play hockey in 18u and from what All Torhs Team has expressed, he also plays a high level of hockey. When we travel so much, spend so much money why would you not do what ever is possible to win the game?

If a guy did that to me, I would have taken his head off with my stick...

You guys who are saying that winning at all cost is okay...Come on...Use your head...It is just a game.

You guys who are saying that winning at all cost is okay...Come on...Use your head...It is just a game.

Come on man, you just contradicted yourself in one post! Its just a game but your the one thats going to take somebodys head of with a stick?

The way I said win at all cost, was taunting, get them riled up, get them to commit stupid penalties. Not using violence..like taking somebodys head of with a stick!

I think this is one of the issues that illustrates the age differences on the board here. Us older folks have different priorities than the young kids. I agree, Justin, my stick would have had a horizontal trajectory and then I would have sat out the rest of the season. Of course maybe that shows that us "old folks" aren't as mature as we like to think.... We just have more money to spend and burn on league fees.

Make up your mind, violence or sportsmanship. You cant have both! :lol:

its amazing what happens when people play roller and all of a sudden don't have to back it up....there were more than a few NARCh PRO guys back in the day who had some size..but were the biggest pu**ies on ice..yet on roller..where fighting isn't allowed..they were the so called toughest guys out there..

you can play the game well and with class....a couple JR A kids back @ pickup not long ago doing hotshot stuff to novice players...finally one guy just 2 handed him...if you are going to make someone look like an idiot or call them out etc..be prepared to back it up...the older we get the less crap one takes...and there's typically no escalation..

so many incident reports at NARCh were just from total puss plays..stuff like that makes it easy to dole out the games..never mind that there's nothing funnier than 2 16 year olds jabbering behind their cages whacking each other behind the knee...then whining on sealweenies about the officiating..