Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Fastest Skater

not too bash narch referees too hard but from the two narch qualifiers ive played at this year the refereeing has been just attrocious(sp?). refs were tossing kids for talking trash to kids weve played against for 8 or 9 years every year and have just grown a hatred and rivalry. its part of the game and the refs should understand that. instead they start throwing kids out for it and the kids finally realized that if im getting tossed for talking why not take one of their guys with me with a cheap shot. hopefully at finals narch doesnt use the same refs that were used in the two ontario regionals.

no :)

I don't know what qualies you played but for the most part @ Finals we pretty much have a crew of the top inline guys and a bunch of minor pro guys (WHL, ECHL, AHL, some ex NHL guys etc) if you played in in the Ontario area...chances are you'll see some of the same guys as the head ref is from that area and i think part of GTA or whatever it is..

not too bash narch referees too hard but from the two narch qualifiers ive played at this year the refereeing has been just attrocious(sp?). refs were tossing kids for talking trash to kids weve played against for 8 or 9 years every year and have just grown a hatred and rivalry. its part of the game and the refs should understand that. instead they start throwing kids out for it and the kids finally realized that if im getting tossed for talking why not take one of their guys with me with a cheap shot. hopefully at finals narch doesnt use the same refs that were used in the two ontario regionals.

If you say the magic words, you get to watch the rest of the game. Just because you know the other team doesn't mean you get a free pass to do whatever you want.

When we travel so much, spend so much money why would you not do what ever is possible to win the game?

Because in the end, it's just a game and only a very small percentage will ever see a dime back by playing professionally. I'm one of the most laid-back guys you'll ever meet when I play and I'm all about sportsmanship. However, if you act like an asshole and do things to me or my teammates like the one mentioned, you will need help figuring out what day it is.

if you are going to make someone look like an idiot or call them out etc..be prepared to back it up...the older we get the less crap one takes...and there's typically no escalation..

That hits the nail square on the head. I could not have said it any better....

When we travel so much, spend so much money why would you not do what ever is possible to win the game?

Because in the end, it's just a game and only a very small percentage will ever see a dime back by playing professionally. I'm one of the most laid-back guys you'll ever meet when I play and I'm all about sportsmanship. However, if you act like an asshole and do things to me or my teammates like the one mentioned, you will need help figuring out what day it is.

Amen..But those younger guys have stars in their eyes and think they are actully going to get somewhere...One maybe two out of 500,000 may get a look, but the rest will just move on like the rest of us....All the TORHS and NARCH super duper platinum tourny wins they had will be forgotten and mean absolutly nothing....But they did what it took to win no matter what, cause thats what matters...LOL

All Torhs Team, Im not knocking you man..I remeber what it was like to be your age and thinking games and wins ment everything and thats all that mattered...Im just trying to get you to understand that "WINS ARE NOT" all that matters...Its the friendships you have with your teammates, the nights hanging out in hotel playing cards or xbox or whatever you kids do these days, the meals you have, the road trips...Sure All that isent as fun if your not winning, but thats the stuff you'll remeber the most when you get older I asure you.... So just remeber have fun with it now cause I assure you in 10 years no ones going to remeber it....

All Torhs Team, Im not knocking you man..I remeber what it was like to be your age and thinking games and wins ment everything and thats all that mattered...Im just trying to get you to understand that "WINS ARE NOT" all that matters...Its the friendships you have with your teammates, the nights hanging out in hotel playing cards or xbox or whatever you kids do these days, the meals you have, the road trips...Sure All that isent as fun if your not winning, but thats the stuff you'll remeber the most when you get older I asure you.... So just remeber have fun with it now cause I assure you in 10 years no ones going to remeber it....

O heck ya, heck ya. that is the best part of it, the friendships. I think it is pretty fun though doing all these things with my friends at the tourny, then that night, hangin out in the hotel, sayin, "hey billy, remember when you turned around and waved that guy on, that was great"

argument dropped though. sorry kovy :ph34r:

O heck ya, heck ya. that is the best part of it, the friendships. I think it is pretty fun though doing all these things with my friends at the tourny, then that night, hangin out in the hotel, sayin, "hey billy, remember when you turned around and waved that guy on, that was great"

argument dropped though. sorry kovy :ph34r:

lol you will not give up will you kid....Agreed though argument dropped...Good luck in your summer tournys and remeber...HAVE FUN.... :P

If you say the magic words, you get to watch the rest of the game. Just because you know the other team doesn't mean you get a free pass to do whatever you want.

Its just frustrating when we all play Jr and AAA ice hockey where the talking is allowed and then we come to play roller and were treated like were 12 again. Refs need to get over their egos and let the players decide the outcome of a game instead of taking personal offence to calls and throwing players. And it sucks when youre playing in a regional final and your team forfeits because the ref threw 3 kids out for speaking their mind and you dont have enough players to continue. I understand there are limits to what can and cannot be said but the refs should draw that line a little higher for the older age groups. And what really gets me is that I know all refs used to play and I know theyd complain about the refs and now that they are one they forgot what it was like to be in the heat of the game and get a little heated and tempered.

And the regional I was in was the Oakville one, I recognized the refs as all the refs from the local house leagues and not the guys that used to ref me in the GTHL and at previous NARCh finals, hopefully theyre all back for finals.

As long as we're off topic...does anyone know where to find these highlight videos of Hemsky playing inline? Or just good roller hockey highlights period? That would be interesting.

We play to win the game, do what it takes. If you have to look like an asshole to do it, then do it. We're in it for winning, not being friends with the other guy.

The bush-league taunting under discussion actually was a very selfish play, which could have cost a scoring chance/goal/game. Winning means putting the puck in the net and obviously that is going to be harder to do going backwards with one hand on your stick while waving at your opponent.

When I read that story, I couldn't help but remember Leon Lett stretching his arms out in celebration while returning a fumble, just before what would have been a sure touchdown For the children in the room, the idiot got caught from behind, and turned the ball over himself.

We play to win the game, do what it takes. If you have to look like an asshole to do it, then do it. We're in it for winning, not being friends with the other guy.

The bush-league taunting under discussion actually was a very selfish play, which could have cost a scoring chance/goal/game. Winning means putting the puck in the net and obviously that is going to be harder to do going backwards with one hand on your stick while waving at your opponent.

When I read that story, I couldn't help but remember Leon Lett stretching his arms out in celebration while returning a fumble, just before what would have been a sure touchdown For the children in the room, the idiot got caught from behind, and turned the ball over himself.

Good point...Ive been trying to explain this to the "children in the room" throughout this whole thread...They dont understand....I can remeber though when I was young and thought I knew it all as well....lol ...So we will give them a break...

I remember that play...didn't Don Beebe come and catch him? That broke my heart. I was a Dallas fan.

Who is the fastest skater in Roller Hockey (Widley Known I guess)? Is it Yoder?Stahl?What skates does he use? Im trying to prove a point to a friend.

Do you mean Thomas Stahl from NJ?

Its just frustrating when we all play Jr and AAA ice hockey where the talking is allowed and then we come to play roller and were treated like were 12 again. Refs need to get over their egos and let the players decide the outcome of a game instead of taking personal offence to calls and throwing players. And it sucks when youre playing in a regional final and your team forfeits because the ref threw 3 kids out for speaking their mind and you dont have enough players to continue. I understand there are limits to what can and cannot be said but the refs should draw that line a little higher for the older age groups. And what really gets me is that I know all refs used to play and I know theyd complain about the refs and now that they are one they forgot what it was like to be in the heat of the game and get a little heated and tempered.

And the regional I was in was the Oakville one, I recognized the refs as all the refs from the local house leagues and not the guys that used to ref me in the GTHL and at previous NARCh finals, hopefully theyre all back for finals.

The rules say you can't say certain things and if you break the rules you pay the price. Quit talking and play the game.

I second that... you shouldn't be allowed to trash talk in any league, period.

I also second the guy who would like to see video of Ales Hemsky play inline hockey. B)