Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

srv2miker

Motivational Quotes

Anybody have any motivational quotes they want to share? I use these every once in a while to spice up a speech or keep people's sprits up.

"I just wish people would realize that anything’s possible if you try; dreams are made possible if you try" Terry Fox

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." Steve Prefontaine

"History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave" Edmund Morris

Had this stuck on my fridge for years... a mangled Helen Keller quote....

Security is an illusion,

it does not exist in nature

Life is either a daring adventure,

or it is nothing at all.

Theres only one sound that gets me fired up, the voice of every person who said i was too small to make it-Martin St.Louis in that Nike Hockey Commercial :D

If you mind can conceive it, your body can achieve it

Pain is weakness leaving the body

Nothing hurts worse than second place

Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f@*% the prom queen

Saying "I'll try" is thinking "I'll fail"

"Do, or Do Not, there is no try" -Yoda :P

The sweet taste of victory is from the blood, sweat and tears you shed to achieve your goal

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Those who do, do. Those who don't, do NOT. Those who try, should try harder. Those who don't try, don't try harder. (then scratch your head)

You can observe a lot just by watching.

Hockey is 90% mental, the other half is physical.

"It's what we learn after we think we know it all that counts."

"What we hope ever to do with ease, we must learn first to do with diligence."

Try a thing you haven't done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time, to figure out whether you like it or not."

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."

"Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny."

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career.

I've lost almost 300 games.

26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed.

I've failed over and over and over again in my life.

And that is why I succeed.- Michael Jordan

"How a man plays the game shows something of his character; how he loses shows all of it." -- Frosty Westering

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going"

David Beckham-

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."

David Beckham-

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."

Beckham said all that at one time? Are you sure? lol

David Beckham-

Beckham said all that at one time? Are you sure? lol

It's a series Adidas did a couple years ago. The "Impossible is Nothing" series thing. Had a lot of people saying that quote, so it wasn't just Beckham. I think Kevin Garnett, and a bunch of other players did, cause I had a poster of Muhammed Ali that said "Impossible is Nothing" on it. And on the back were like 12 different athlete's mini-poster.

I don't know who said it originally...:

"A superstar is not made in the spotlight...but when no one is looking"

A girl in our office is taking credit for:

"Have fun with life or life will have fun with you"

The CLASSIC from Herb Brooks:

"Remember, the name on the front of that jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the name on the back"

Being a music/radio guy...I find songs often have many inspirational lyrics...I've liked this one from the first time I heard it:

There's two dates in time...That they'll carve on your stone

And everyone knows what they mean.

What's more important...Is the time that is known

In that little dash there in between

(Garth Brooks - Pushing Up Daisies)

"I believe there comes a point in every game between very good teams when there is what you would call a break point," he said. "It's when the game is up for grabs, usually in the third period, and one team breaks through, while the other doubts itself.

-Ken Hitchcock

"The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be."

"Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system."

"It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential."

"Obey the principles without being bound by them."

-Bruce Lee

They said it couldn't be done, so he did it.

My old school freshmen football coach had a great one for starting a winning streak:

"There's only one thing better than one win and thats two."

Next week it was: "What's better than two wins?" We all yell "Three!"

We made it to six in a row.

It's a series Adidas did a couple years ago. The "Impossible is Nothing" series thing. Had a lot of people saying that quote, so it wasn't just Beckham. I think Kevin Garnett, and a bunch of other players did, cause I had a poster of Muhammed Ali that said "Impossible is Nothing" on it. And on the back were like 12 different athlete's mini-poster.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. :lol:

You can't judge a man by how many people attend his wedding but by how many attend his funeral.

Success is falling down 7 times and getting up 8.