Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jharrah28

Best curves of all time

Koho Hossa Curve. Mid-Toe curve with a very open face.

I was looking for a picture of it and found a cool link with pics of old game used sticks.

http://www.gameusedsticks.com/sticks.html

Interesting, they have one of foresbergs sticks, and they say that he borrowed a stick from Joe Sakic and thats why it has Sakic on it...it has a retail name plate which I found interesting.

i like the Sakic but it shoots a lil high when i use it....

adore the Draper curve! think its only made with warrior...

and i use the Yzerman curve when i can find it... its the best curve ever

Forsberg's pattern is very close to the Sakic retail, I just doubt that Sakic would have had that stick for Forsberg to borrow.

I really liked the old titan forseberg pattern.

your the one for me. i miss that curve.

i get a kick out of all the "we have too many of these threads" people. is there a more pressing topic around here...really? its a chat board. people like to chat about curves. who cares if it comes up a hundred times, if it wasnt for these conversations there wouldnt be that much to talk about around here, so please give it a rest thread nazi's.

Well the thing was that there was literally 4 topics on the front page that were like best curves of all time? favorite curve? what curve do you use? and what's the best curve?

It was getting ridiculous.

Anyway to answer the question again: CCM Bonk and my mission pro stock:

bigtoe.jpg

I am digging the mission pro stock #288 right now. It's nearly identicle to some shanahan woodies I have coveted for years, although I like the profile of the Shannys better. I also liked the Nike St. Paul, illegal in at least two, maybe even three dimensions. How can you go wrong? :lol:

Kind of misleading topic, Curves of ALL time, or do you mean recent time. Does anyone know when curves started being named for players? Curves are curves, 3/8" mid with 5 degree loft has been around for a long time. It doesn't really matter whose name is on it. So we should be asking, what is the most popular curve, 1/2" mid, heel, toe??? Loft/no loft. Now that would be a more interesting topic.

We need to hire a new janitor because I'm seeing a million hairs that appear to be cut in half all over the place.

I'd go with "curves of your memory" but I really don't want to hear about what Jesus used in his minor hockey days.

I really like the rbk pronger/phaneuf. I tried a Lecavalier in CCM but not only is the toe too open but I don't like their sticks cause their too square in the hands. The Easton Lidstrom is really nice as well.

the sherwood COFFEY curve i used for like 10years was and is still great, past 3 years using the lepold by mission but since they have changed the curve and call it leopold 2 i wil be goin back to the coffey.

Kind of misleading topic, Curves of ALL time, or do you mean recent time. Does anyone know when curves started being named for players? Curves are curves, 3/8" mid with 5 degree loft has been around for a long time. It doesn't really matter whose name is on it. So we should be asking, what is the most popular curve, 1/2" mid, heel, toe??? Loft/no loft. Now that would be a more interesting topic.

For a lot of our members 10 years is "of all time". Personally I'm not in favor of any topic with the word "best" in the title.

I think it's ok if your just throwing opinions out there for fun, not really advice, but the continuous bonbardment of "whats the Best?" questions just pisses you off...

Anyways, I like the Iginla and most mid curves including lindros but nothing over a 1/2" curve (or robitaille which I thought would've been great, but really wasn't that good)

Also the TPS Perry is the perfect heel curve in my mind, because it's much less open than drury, but more open than modano with the perfect curve amount, not to straight, and not too open (no wonder so many NHLers that I've seen use it, or something similar).

But what Im rockin' right now is an Xn10 whip Nash which surprisingly (and luckily) is much less open and curved than the modern Nash or sakic, it is very much between iginla and sakic with about a 3/8"-7/16" curve, and shoots very nicely.

By the way, I don't mean to offend, but I hate the sakic curve, and It shoots very uncontrolably and slopily for me, thats just my opinion, and im sure other people love it... It's just that, I don't...

:P

My favorite patterns of all time are (in order of when I used them):

titan- lemieux

titan- selanne

montreal- mario- all time favorite- in the M95 blade

ccm- lemieux.

MReeves, DW's rock.

I have no clue what I used growing up, although I had an Easton aluminum stick at one time.

Right now I'm really looking forward to trying the Jokinen curve. I'm using a PM9/Modano right now. And I also like the Montreal Euro 5 curve.

Along with ziNergy, I also cannot stand the sackic.

Since I am young, my favorite curves are those that exist now. I like anything that has a slight curve, round toe and a neutral face.

My curent stick is a foresberg. I sure wished that easton made the yzerman jr in a senior stick though, I would be over that in a second. It is a short-medium length blade (a little longer than the heatley) smoothly rockered bottom, slight mid-toe curve, round toe, and neutral face to top it all off... heaven.