Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LetsGoWings13

Need help finding jeans

The first quote doesn't even fit your argument, so I'll just ignore that one. The second one, well, anyone who says "inless" I'm just going to completely disregard everything they say. I'm picking you three out because you all have attitudes that are associated with your clothes. With Vapor it might be a little different because obviously the clothing industry is his lifestyle. I don't know. All three of you have come across like asses at some point in this thread. Its simple. Nobody here is going to be impressed with any of you because your parents buy you expensive clothes, its that simple. You're being singled out (at least by me) because thats what you guys want. You wanted people to look at you guys and think "wow, these kids are cool they have nice designer clothes". If you didn't want to be singled out you wouldn't have said 1/10th of the shit you have so far.

If you can find some "Lucky Jeans" They make the most comfortable jeans ever. I have a few pairs but they arent cheap. Either that or express they are pretty comfy

Will you teach me how to decipher atitude via internet, that seems like an interesting skill. I don't only wear high end crap, I oftenly frequent consignment shops, vintage stores, and thrift shops. I love fashion, I don't care if its couture. I just think an argument can be made about quality.

Will you teach me how to decipher atitude via internet, that seems like an interesting skill. I don't only wear high end crap, I oftenly frequent consignment shops, vintage stores, and thrift shops. I love fashion, I don't care if its couture. I just think an argument can be made about quality.

I don't understand what you're asking. Regardless, I don't disagree that an argument can be made about quality. But the tone/word choice and attitude turn a fair argument into nothing more than bashing others.

But how can you tell my tone? You took it upon yourself to think I was speaking with malice. I could care less what other people wear. All I am saying is, a lot of the clothing out there is poor quality and fits poorly. Yeah, im really bashin those damn abrocrombie girls. Hey, I like girls who wear Abrocrombie and fitch, Id take em if I had one wish.

Nobody here is going to be impressed with any of you because your parents buy you expensive clothes, its that simple.

My parents have not bought me a single piece of clothing since i got my first job at age 14. The only thing my parents provide me with is shelter, food, and internet/tv. I pay for everything else myself, school included. Despite what you think, im quite far from spoiled. I work 2 jobs just to be able to finance my lifestyle. I also choose to spend my money on nice things that i can use now. I see no point in saving tons of money up for my whole life, because it will disappear when i die.

You're being singled out (at least by me) because thats what you guys want.  You wanted people to look at you guys and think "wow, these kids are cool they have nice designer clothes".

Actually, i dont want people to notice what im wearing. If people notice what im wearing, and stop me to ask, its about my shoes...which are either nike or jordans. For the most part, i wear white t-shirts and solid jeans with no rips/stains/etc. with as little logos as possible. Nothing special i admit, but i like the look and feel.

What i wear isnt and will never become mainstream, because the clothing companies i buy from dont want that. Again the exception is my nikes and jordans.

I say just fly to the city and come over to 5th ave and do your shoping.

Its comments like that. If that is the kind of life that you live, congratulations. I'm sure I don't have to tell you how lucky you are to be afforded such opportunities. One thing I think you're missing is that 99.9% of the population can't dream of doing things like that. So while what you say may not have malice by intent, it defintely comes through for a lot of people. I don't think you're a bad guy at all Vapor. In fact, I actually like you. But if you read back over all of this stuff and see no problem with what has been said, then I'm just wasting my time.

Its comments like that that are SO BLATENTLY sarcastic it amazes me you took that serious, at all.

The highest I'll go for jeans is a decentley priced pair of Diesel or Armani maybe for going out or somthing but nothing i'd where to somewhere like the rink, but I personally feel just as comfortable in my ripped up work jeans coverd in paint, I can also understand how "Designer" prices are higher as some more thought or Intraquicy(sp?) has gone in to producing the product, but there is a point where i wonder how the designing and making of a pair of jeans can reach in exess of $500, and i'm sure Vapor as you're in the "know" when it comes to fashion and textiles you'd know the kind of profit margin these companies are making for what is essentionally a very simple product so in my opinion these $500+ jeans are just high priced to keep the exclusiv-ity of themselves from the average man which is ussually what fashion is. high priced stuff that not everybody can afford.

I guess what i'm getting at is that if people don't feel comfortable in average clothes then why not let them hand over a pile of cash to maybe feel more confident or smart as long as they don't shove it in my face that their jeans cost more then everything i'm wearing, it's ok with me.

P.S I think i wondered off in this post several times, and i have no idea if it makes sense, in basic terms, whatever floats your boat

You hit the nail on the head. Do you think that a plain pair of cotton denim jeans should cost anythign close to 150 dollars? I have seen Jeans for over 1000 dollars, and I laugh. Sure, they could sell them for 200 instead of 1000, but they wouldnt be seen in such high regaurd.

You hit the nail on the head. Do you think that a plain pair of cotton denim jeans should cost anythign close to 150 dollars? I have seen Jeans for over 1000 dollars, and I laugh. Sure, they could sell them for 200 instead of 1000, but they wouldnt be seen in such high regaurd.

Is this anything like hockey equiptment for little kids nowdays ?? :unsure:

Im not trying to be a douche but where i live there are no clothing stores outside of a mall except k-mart and meijers and kohls. I was not dissing kohls thats just one of the few places that i know you can get cloths outside of the mall. If i have the money yes its my money not my parents i would rather buy something that looks nice from abercrombie or AE or hollister maybe even a pair from armani im not trying to prove anything to anyone i wear basketball shorts and a t-shirt 90 percent of the time.

I'll call you retarded for that <_< . But I feel I can get the same quality from my Hollister and Abercrombie stuff.

How would you know? You cannot get close to the same quality. I'm not going to judge AF clothing, but they are regaurded as having low quality clothing. I work in the industry, and I am a student of the industry, so I know a good amount (not too much, but enough) about textiles, tailoring, etc.

It fits me, and people like how it looks on me.

i wear basketball shorts and a t-shirt 90 percent of the time.

That's how I am at home...right now, I have that exact stuff on. But when I go out, I like to dress nicely.

And with that, I'm out of this thread.

Fit is something most people do not know. If you look around on an average day, most people are wearing clothes that just not properly fit and or tailored. To most people it does not matter. The United States has become exponentionally more casual and lazy in regards to our appearence over the past 50 years. I blame the hippies

Fit is something most people do not know. If you look around on an average day, most people are wearing clothes that just not properly fit and or tailored. To most people it does not matter. The United States has become exponentionally more casual and lazy in regards to our appearence over the past 50 years. I blame the hippies

I wear plain colored tee shirts from walmart and cargo shorts. Whats wrong with the lazy and casual look. I think your digging yourself into a hole. And I agree, this topic will be locked sometime soon.

See people assume things. I did not say anything negative. I said we have become more casual. If you take a look at videos of old baseball games from the 30s and 40s you will see all the men in suits and the women in dresses with big hats and gloves. Now your lucky if the guy sitting next to you is wearing pants.

Now if you would read the post, and not read into it, you would see I said nothing negative, I just made a statement.

Jesus how I wish this part of the board can't be seen by males.

Why? I see absolutely no reason against looking nice/your best in public. I know for damn sure that if I had money to support a wardrobe like Vapor it would be quite alike it. No pink, but it would be good, quality clothing that just looks good.

Why? I see absolutely no reason against looking nice/your best in public. I know for damn sure that if I had money to support a wardrobe like Vapor it would be quite alike it. No pink, but it would be good, quality clothing that just looks good.

Is quality the new ripped jeans? Or the ones with paint thats been splashed all on them? Doesnt look so good in most peoples mind.

Perhaps you don't like that, however I'm sure there's designer jeans that are a more traditional style, without the overly busy designs on them. (Personally, I don't like paint on jeans unless I'm painting something, and the only pair of ripped jeans I have, ripped because I cought one of the pockets of a knob thing for a drawr in my bathroom.

Because these just turn into the stupidest discussions around, that's why. I wore a uniform for school since age 6 and glad I did. As for style, I go with what fits first since I have mutant proportions and so a lot of my jeans are damn near 7 years old.

Is quality the new ripped jeans? Or the ones with paint thats been splashed all on them? Doesnt look so good in most peoples mind.

Actually, ripped jeans are out of style now. That is soooo two years ago. I am glad that you have polled most people as to their opinion on painted jeans. Its all about personal preference.

I blame the hippies

You leave the Hippies alone!

Actually, ripped jeans are out of style now. That is soooo two years ago. I am glad that you have polled most people as to their opinion on painted jeans. Its all about personal preference.

How can you say something is out of style then make a comment on fashion being personal prefrence the second afterwards? If it's truly PP then "instyle" would be dependant upon the buyer.

I would like your opinion on what is a good "quality" clothing brand in the AF/AE/Hollister price range though that carries similar styles.

Buffalo makes some nice stuff for around that price. French Connections quality is pretty on par. Kenneth Cole also has some great stuff for that price. Hugo boss makes some outstanding clothes, under his orange label, and they are moderatley priced. The same style is tough though. Maybe Energie, they make some interesting stuff and they are pretty moderatley priced. Levis Premium is another brand, they are a little more expensive, but they make some great fitting jeand and shirts. Joie makes some of the most comfertable clothing I have ever worn, and their prices are not too cray.

Cavs- Tell them to kill themselves, because the clothes suck, and the same thing would happen if those douches walked anywhere near a real "high end" store.

And I like Cavs, too.  But anytime someone says something like that, the respect meter significantly drops.  That was a disappointing thing to read.

Kosy, only reason I said that was pretty much the same reason your calling me out, the fact that said AF employee was looking at him with a condescending attitude because of what he was wearing is absolutely ridiculous. What I wear is what I wear and shouldn't be an issue, that being said I have friends that wear nothing but army fatigues, workboots, and wifebeaters, and some at the other end of the spectrum who deck themselves out completely in over $2,000 worth of clothes every day. What someone wears is not at all an indicator of what kind of person they are, and regardless of what I wear I am still a person that values substance in character above anything else, not a silly supeficial item such as clothing, cars, etc.