Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

Couldn't stand sitting around all summer without hockey so I've decided to play a little roller hockey for the first time.

Ended up getting: Kor Shift 2 skates, Sprung A6 chassis, 76MM Hornet XXX Grip wheels and bones red barrings.

Big thanks to fatwabbit and Keith at Sprung!

Photo2.jpg

I posted that I was giving up on my Vectors but after replacing the footbeds everything is good.

32zt350.jpg

Rick Henry

I posted that I was giving up on my Vectors but after replacing the footbeds everything is good.

32zt350.jpg

Rick Henry

are those boots comfortable? they are on sale for $200 and i was wondering if they are any good

Couldn't stand sitting around all summer without hockey so I've decided to play a little roller hockey for the first time.

Ended up getting: Kor Shift 2 skates, Sprung A6 chassis, 76MM Hornet XXX Grip wheels and bones red barrings.

Big thanks to fatwabbit and Keith at Sprung!

No problem...just spreadin' the word.

Hope all goes well with them. The A7's that I'm rocking are going great... I feel a lot faster on them, but still slow compared to the rest.

Just one more point to add... I block a LOT of shots during the game and my frames do take a beating. So far they have held up VERY VERY well. In some cases in the past, my aluminium chassis would have already been dented in numerous places, where the sprungs have been really good.

Anyone convert their XXXX to sprungs? I've seen numerous conversions with the XXV, but just wanted to see if anyone had some with the XXXX?

ncbrock,

If you had asked me that question last month I would have said no but after changing footbeds they are feeling pretty good. I have a very low arch and anything with much arch at all kills my feet. I have skated in Tacks forever and I really hated to give up on the Vectors so I tried some gel footbeds and they helped a bunch. No more cramping and no more pressure in the bottom of my feet. All and all the boot is built pretty good and its very light.

Rick

Anyone convert their XXXX to sprungs? I've seen numerous conversions with the XXV, but just wanted to see if anyone had some with the XXXX?

Hi,

i have converted XXXX's - i use them indoor (XXV outdoor). Here the pic:

vapor40.jpg

Has anyone had an issue with the frame taking off layers of rubber on the wheels? I have an A6 frame and 76mm white grippers and it seems like the wheels have 'swirl' marks on them. I originally thought the wheels were defective, but I later realized that the swirls were coming from a part of the frame that would rub when I put lots of pressure on it. I weight 185 pounds, so I assume that heaver people have used these frames. Do I need to move to 72mm wheels?

ncbrock,

If you had asked me that question last month I would have said no but after changing footbeds they are feeling pretty good. I have a very low arch and anything with much arch at all kills my feet. I have skated in Tacks forever and I really hated to give up on the Vectors so I tried some gel footbeds and they helped a bunch. No more cramping and no more pressure in the bottom of my feet. All and all the boot is built pretty good and its very light.

Rick

how is it around the ankle area? They look exactly like the rbk boot without the pump. I loved the pump feature as i like a lot of ankle support and cushion.

Has anyone had an issue with the frame taking off layers of rubber on the wheels? I have an A6 frame and 76mm white grippers and it seems like the wheels have 'swirl' marks on them. I originally thought the wheels were defective, but I later realized that the swirls were coming from a part of the frame that would rub when I put lots of pressure on it. I weight 185 pounds, so I assume that heaver people have used these frames. Do I need to move to 72mm wheels?

Any pics of the problems? So far I've not experienced any problems with the wheels and sprungs, unless you are using some 76.5mm wheels which wont work... for the A6 it needs to be 76mm and below.

The only time I've had wheels really rubbing against the frame was when I dented my alum chassis. I know there were some issues with the old MG Chassis (Red) that came off the HE950 where it was rubbing against the rear wheel.

Any pics of the problems? So far I've not experienced any problems with the wheels and sprungs, unless you are using some 76.5mm wheels which wont work... for the A6 it needs to be 76mm and below.

The only time I've had wheels really rubbing against the frame was when I dented my alum chassis. I know there were some issues with the old MG Chassis (Red) that came off the HE950 where it was rubbing against the rear wheel.

All of my Labeda wheels are about 1/16" off center on the hub towards the side opposite the printing. They may be scuffing on that side against parts of the frame or rockers. If they are out of round swirls will form on the high spots, too.

Hello, I had similar problems with my RbK 9k for outdoor skating. Every time I had inserted new hyper 250 pro (76mm) wheels, these rubbing at the Rockers and at the frame (extremly when i turning to backwards skating or while hard stride). I grinded/dremeling the material away (yellow arrows) and to the reinforcement i filled with epoxy resin (red arrows). No more problems any time with this.

rbkrubbingwheels.jpg

Also had last a problem with the front left Rockerarm - that was on one side broken at the pivot pin hole. A team mate from me switched in March to SPRUNG has already 2 Rockers (front and rear) with this problems. In addition, it is a very good and fast Skater but not heavy (65kg). But Keith has announced that new/stronger Rockers coming soon and then this problem will be solved. I love skating with SPRUNGS and have 3 pair of skates with SPRUNGS-Chassis (RbK9K/Vapor XXV/Vapor XXXX) and will never go back to Tri-Di or Hi-Lo.

rockerbroken.jpg

greets from germany

frank

I had the exact same problem with my black sprungs as well about 6 months ago. i was going thru 2 or 3 every week. The best thing sprungs is the customer support. Keith is available via email or mobile and helps out with any problems. White sprung arms now dont have any problems... went one better and installed some A7s earlier this year (self mount) and they have been taking a beating (hard into the boards, blocked shots etc) and they have held up very very well.

I also had the pivot holes break on a few of the black rocker arms of the Torspo/Sprung combo I bought last year. Keith sent out a few replacement white ones right away and I haven't had any problems with those, but I did have another one of the remaining black rocker arm pivots break in a game last week (having one wheel that keeps bottoming out due to a broken pivot isn't fun in game play). I have skates with three different A6 chassis's and have only had a problem with the black rocker arms so I do believe that it was just a bad batch of arms as I believe Keith mentioned earlier in this thread. The current white A6 arms haven't given me any issues and the new A6X arms due out in a few more months are supposed to be even more durable/reliable.

The pivot breakages were unfortunate, but the Sprungs are still the best chassis I've used, I've recieved excellent support and service and Keith acknowledged the issue and has worked to correct it.

The broken rockerarm was a white one (coloured later from me) - and from my teammate also are white rockerarms.

Yes - SPRUNGS-Chassis are best i ve used, and the customer service here in germany (from Andreas in Frankfurt) is also very good - thats the reason why i have bought the third pair last week (original black ones). ;)

greets from germany

frank

anyone have problems with the axle almost melting into the spacer & becoming stuck? i had to hammer out 5 of the 8 just to get them out. which scares me to do. & one other actually stripped the holes in the rocker arm, so i can't get the axle to even turn without spinning & not doing anything.

I had that problem on one but i think i tightened it alittle to much.the axles dont have to be cranked in there.

Quick question. I have an old pair of Nike Quest 2's in size 11. I wear size 10 in all my other skates, so I was wondering if the A6 frames (mainly because they're cheaper) would fit, or if I should just go for the large frames instead.

maybe go with the A8, the A6 would be too small. You coullllllld try the A7 as well, but I think the best bet would be the A8.

I wear size 8.5-9 skates, and have the A7

ncbrock,

Sorry I didn't get back with you sooner. The Vectors have a bunch of ankle support and the padding in the ankle area is thick and comfortable. Hope that answered your question.

ncbrock,

Sorry I didn't get back with you sooner. The Vectors have a bunch of ankle support and the padding in the ankle area is thick and comfortable. Hope that answered your question.

thats what i wanted to hear, thanks!

I'm new to the conversion/Sprungs game, and bought an A6 frame yesterday. However, these were samples that were in a plastic bag with no size on them, unfortunately. Can anyone tell me what size they are? They're just a hair under ten inches long (top, not bottom of frame). I'm trying to mount these on 9.5 KOR Shift 1's. Thanks a lot

I'm new to the conversion/Sprungs game, and bought an A6 frame yesterday. However, these were samples that were in a plastic bag with no size on them, unfortunately. Can anyone tell me what size they are? They're just a hair under ten inches long (top, not bottom of frame). I'm trying to mount these on 9.5 KOR Shift 1's. Thanks a lot

They're A6s. You could use A7s on 9.5s, too. Can you switch them out? Did the mounting instructions come with them? If not, it's on the site.

I had the mounting instructions, but I left them at the shop on accident. Luckily I came home and did find the instructions on the site...would these A6's I have work on the Shifts?

Will you be doing thconversion yourself?

I've gotten Shift 1s converted before, and you will need much longer screws. The Shift 1's have a very thick insole built into the skate, so you'll have to drill thru that in order to mount the chassis. Be careful when you go thru the footbed/insole, ensure that the fabric doesnt get caught in your drill.