Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

Sprungster it's not the wheel axle. It's the pin that goes through the arms. I mean basically after it's stripped and I find a way to take it off, I'm kinda F'ed because I'll have to do it that way everytime I need to change an arm or something. I broke an arm where the pin goes through, and was skating on it without knowing, just felt some clicking, I now feel that on one of the arms I can't get off. Would really like to take a look and replace it, since I have some extra parts, I just can't get the thing off. Thanks for the help and responses, and Bob if I can't get it off by this weekend, I hope you can work some magic. :o

That totally sucks. I have a frame from one of the first pairs of A8s that had a frozen pivot pin. I could not figure out how to get it out. Your post made me come up with something.

First you need some Liquid Wrench to put down into the threads of the pin where it is probably rusted/ and or overtightened. While that stinky stuff is working down into the threads, you need to use a Dremel with one of the barrel grinders, and carefully grind down the dome around the pivot pin head until you can get a 1/4" socket (most reversible screwdriver holders) on to it firmly. Then you can get hold of both ends with a lot of metal. It will probably come loose. Luckily, it isn't something you have to do constantly, and when you do you only have to use the two tools. This will do the minimum damage to all the parts. If it still doesn't come loose, you'll need to get something under the pivot pin nut and pry it up until the pin snaps at the threads. This is only the second one I know of, but it has to have happened to somebody else too.

Send me an email with your address and I'll send you some more parts (I'll need to know which size frame, too) including a back-up frame just in case. keith@sprung-inline.com ;)

interested in trying these from my tuuk chassis just curious to know what size to get and where to get them from? I wear a size 7.5-8 RBK skate.

Keith with your help I was able to get the pin out. In case it happens to anyone in the future here's what I did. I took a dremel with a grinder like you said and removed the plastic dome around the pin. After a few failed attempts with anything I could find to grab onto it, what I did was then take the dremel, one of the saucer pads that came with it, and put a notch in the pin that a screwdriver would fit into. It worked perfectly. I was able to put the ratchet on the one side, use the screwdriver to keep the pin from spinning, and the sucker came off. I actually put the same pin back in so now I just need the ratchet and screwdriver to get it off. Thanks for the help figuring it out Keith, and at least now there is a way if anyone else comes across this trouble.

8.5_TourQ_%20A7.jpg

I just mounted these for a good, fast player who tried on brand new 9.5 Torspo/A7s, at our table, just before his first tournament game. He skated around a few minutes and asked if he could use them in a game, which is what they were there for. After I said yes three or four more times, he went off to get dressed. I expected him to show up in his own boots, but he wore them in all his games and got a gold medal. In his first game he took the puck in the opening face off and went down and scored. All his games were good games. The Torspos had not been baked, or they would have been too big for him. His Qs are 8.5s, which is the minimum size for the A7s. He'll be on these hybrids Wednesday.

They look quite different with the new height and pitch. I love the way the Q looks, but this is my favorite pair. :)

Since I'm currently off my skates with a tweaked back, I figured it was time to spend some money on new gear. I just pulled the trigger on a set of A7's & a couple extra rocker arms. I'm gonna order new wheels soon, & was curious about durometer. As a big guy (260lbs) I'm currently running 80a Labeda Grippers on my solid chassis. Will using Sprungs make me want a softer or harder wheel?

Finally mounted my a-7's on the new 9k boot. It feels amazing! When I tried using the hummer chassis (80's) and even the old flat sure grip (72's ?) I never felt comfortable. The difference I've noticed between the a-6 and a-7 is more speed. I don't feel any loss of maneuverability, which was my main concern going to all 80's.

I definitely recommend the new 9k boot. It has better ankle support than the old 9k and I love the old skool white felt tongue. Didn't get them baked and they're completely comfortable from the first skate on. Messed around in the skates twice during the week for about 30 minutes and they were good to go in this past weekends games.

new9k

new 9k with a-7 frame

n60704027_34017868_6583928.jpg

old9k

old 9k with a-6 frame

Way nice skates. You probably loan them out to everybody, right? :unsure:

And here's a nice Helium mutant. These size 9 A7s are on the same team as the 9.5 Qs back a few posts. There's more to come from this team, as they switch over. I heard the Qs are doing extremely fine, and fast. These must be about like an 8 RBK.

9HeiliumA7.jpg

Brutal, I think we spoke about this awhile back Keith, but are there any plans for the Sprungs to be sold on CCM's, Tours etc straight out of the factory?

Feel free to PM if like.

RE OEMs, I only hear rumors, myself.

Here's what I'm wondering about our new frame designs. Mag alloy frames are extruded and then CNCd from every direction, which is a costly, inefficient way to do things, or most of the frames wouldn't be mostly stamped now. Machined aluminum seems to be going away as a number two frame. Stamping is actually a good way to make things if you clean up the product afterward.

But stamped, or CNCd aluminum, or mag alloy, still bends or breaks when it's hit in the same spot a few of times, and that's the part riveted to your boot. So I'm thinking of keeping the new frame the same nylon alloy, and only making the rocker arms from aluminum and mag alloy. They will be short enough between the axles and frame to be very strong, and if something does get plastered it can still be replaced without screwing with your boots. The frames will be lighter than the Voodootechs and have very flashy, very rigid mag alloy or aluminum rockers. They will be better and the cost will be held down, too. What do you guys think?

what rate of wear do you think you could get with the nylon alloy against moving alu or mag alloy parts?

Finally mounted my a-7's on the new 9k boot. It feels amazing! When I tried using the hummer chassis (80's) and even the old flat sure grip (72's ?) I never felt comfortable. The difference I've noticed between the a-6 and a-7 is more speed. I don't feel any loss of maneuverability, which was my main concern going to all 80's.

I definitely recommend the new 9k boot. It has better ankle support than the old 9k and I love the old skool white felt tongue. Didn't get them baked and they're completely comfortable from the first skate on. Messed around in the skates twice during the week for about 30 minutes and they were good to go in this past weekends games.

new 9k with a-7 frame

Those look great. I was thinking of getting sprungs on the regular 9ks as i've never been a fan of the white, but they look amazing!

What skate size and frame size did you use?

any more pics would be great!

I think it's good for potential weight savings, but there's an element of custimization for a lot of people that goes away with the dye jobs and such. What about hybrid mag/alum and nylon mix where the metal is there for structural support with the nylone parts? Maybe just a crazy idea, I don't know. I know the frames loosening up due to use could be cut down on if you have metal pieces that won't wear down as the plastic does (assuming the metal doesn't wear or break itself)

What's supossed to be the pro's of replacing the nylon arms for metal arms? How much weight are you going to save? How much more stress can those alloys support compared to the nylon?

Is this just a marketing move, because most people think metal is more reliable than nylon?

Half of the weight in a roller hockey skate is in the wheels and bearings, so why make such a big move for just a few grams...