Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

So I have been out of the loop for a while, but I was intrigued again when I heard that the wheelbase would be getting smaller?? Is that what the A6X is about? I skate on 6.5D skates and the reason I switched from sprungs was because the wheel base was too long for me and I felt like I was tripping over myself. Any help/insight?

From what I know, A6X was basically a revamp to improve the strength of the arms, especially in the knuckle area.

Dont think there would be a decrease in the wheelbase, the current arms already had very little clearance for the wheels.

So I have been out of the loop for a while, but I was intrigued again when I heard that the wheelbase would be getting smaller?? Is that what the A6X is about? I skate on 6.5D skates and the reason I switched from sprungs was because the wheel base was too long for me and I felt like I was tripping over myself. Any help/insight?

Hey Kovy, the shorter wheelbases on the A6 and A7 will come from the mag alloy rocker arms, which are set up with a different geometry with less space between the wheels. Your AlloyA6 will have 9.5" wheelbase in it's hi-lo version and a tiny bit shorter in the all 76 version.

A6-hiloforweb.jpg

Hey Kovy, the shorter wheelbases on the A6 and A7 will come from the mag alloy rocker arms, which are set up with a different geometry with less space between the wheels. Your AlloyA6 will have 9.5" wheelbase in it's hi-lo version and a tiny bit shorter in the all 76 version.

Perfect, thanks Keith. Looks like I will be waiting for the Mag alloy frames then.

Is there a release date for the Alloy Rocker Setups? Will there be a great deal of engineering changes for the greater loadbearing capacity material? Will the weight go up/down signifigantly? Is this a complete redesign or just an upgrade of a proven design?

had my a6 frame for maybe six months now. do i get sent the a6x rocker/arm things for free?

I actually need to check when the offer went up. It's all in my PayPal records, so if you're there you get em for free, but there will be the tag for the shipping, which is no biggie. I'll post the beginning date on here and on the site.

had some sprungs mounted to some vapor xxxx boots lik a month ago. figured theyd fit the same as my x40 ice skates but of course they didnt. couldnt skate in them at all. feet totally killin me. tried to sell um and start over cuz i didnt have alot of money to buy another boot and remount but nobody wanted them. decided to try them again yesterday with a few mods to make um more comfy and wow, they are truly amazing. never goin back to anything else. cant believe i almost sold them and continued using hi-lo's. keith is a genius. just another satisfied customer i guess.

I've got Mission size 10 skates and have been waiting for the A7's forever. Does anyone know if these things are ever coming or should I just give up and go a different route? Are we talking days, weeks, months, or years at this point.

I've got Mission size 10 skates and have been waiting for the A7's forever. Does anyone know if these things are ever coming or should I just give up and go a different route? Are we talking days, weeks, months, or years at this point.

late-June to mid-July as per Sprungsters post in this thread a couple pages back.

You can preorder now for $125 (the regular price will be $149 after the presale is over): http://sprung-inline.com/shop.htm

You can get A7s at the same time I do in July. They are on presale now. sprung-inline.com

Just as an FYI in case anyone runs into the same predicament I did this past week.

Monday night, best of 3 inline finals for my league, I somehow lost or broke a nut from the wheel hardware on my third wheel on my left skate. Was able to keep the bolt, but the nut was gone. Searched for a nut to fit (it is a 1/4" fine threaded nut by the way, or sometimes refered to as a 1/4" 28 thread nut) but wasn't about to find one that had a small enough circumference to fit inside the hole designed on wheel arm.

If you have the time (or if I had the time) you could grind down that nut slightly with a dremel so that it would fit inside that.

But, if that doesn't work, go to Lowe's or Home Depot and go to the specialty fastener part of the hardware/nuts/bolts aisle. Look for something called "Binding Posts" that are made out of heavy duty plastic (Nylon). At my Lowe's, they were in the middle row, top drawer. Pick up a package that has them in the 1/4" diameter and 1 3/8" long. The heads on these nuts are tightened via flat head screwdrivers (you will need two screwdrivers). Because the thickness of these are slightly less than what the original sprung bolt is, take some clear or fabric hockey tape and put about two thicknesses worth of tape on the binding post to keep it from wobbling around inside the wheel.

I did this last night and while I don't think it would last many games, it did last me one very hard game last night and worked to absolute perfection. A nice little thing to maybe keep in your bag in case you blow a bolt or lose a nut like I did and don't have the time to order in a new set from Keith.

All this being said, I'll be ordering one set of spare everything today. :)

July 23, 2006. Sprung's 5th anniversary, in business and on MSH, is coming up soon and we are in a much advanced version of us back then, with new product showing up for our birthday. I don't know of any other hockey product with a thread like this, or a following like all of you, and it means the world to us. Thank you all. You are all obviously very intellegent, discerning hockey players.

With that said, in spite of everything that makes any sense for a product this good, we do not have an OEM deal. So, I would like all of you Sprungsters to send me a short email with what boot you'd most like the mag alloy armed Sprungs to come on, right out of the box. And why you'd like to have them that way, such as their ice-like performance if you also play ice, or their fantastic not rigid performance to you if ice don't exist, which in many places and cases it doesn't. Send these love letters to sprungster9@gmail.com and I'll make sure they get to the right boot companies. Diatribes, rants, raving testimonials, and begging will be equally appreciated by all, I'm sure.

And here's the contender, the Mag Alloy Sprung Voodoos with a 9.5" A6 wheelbase, and weighing in at less than an A6X, plus a shorter wheelbase A7, and A8s for big intelligent feet. And, remember, you will be able to set these up as flat or 76 76/80 80 without changing the chassis pitch at all. ;))) Keith

A6-hiloforweb.jpg

Well, last night I got an email telling me that my nice wonderful Canadian wholesale order was not actually happening. And that's pretty much it for us. Had I known earlier I might have replaced it. Although I have other wholesale orders, I can't afford to do the mods and production run without the big one. We will be returning the pre-sales this week.

When all is said and done, the ice and roller hockey industry has no interest in Sprung's survival, as every pair out there only calls attention to the rigid frame monopoly that is so strongly protected by the people that bought the hockey equipment manufacturers. This is not a sport that looks fondly on improvement that actually involves change. Find the new pink and they will buy it. Spineless, and if a player wants something different he or she can just buy a pair of these few company's boots and go to the trouble and expense of changing them yourself. Why would a collective industry ignore a rave like this thread and decide that because it's an exceptional product, it's the enemy? Industry flaks have told that the people on MSH do not represent the actual industry at all, and that you are all just equipment whores with a lot of mouth. They seem to feel that that particularly applies to any players opinion of Sprungs. A chickenshit industry that shrinks from competition. Remember the performance and innovation threads? "Oh it would be impossible to actually run a comparison test between any rigid chassis and Sprungs, because real testing can't be evaluated by people." Chicken and horse shit. Hockey shrinks every time it does something like this.

We will be around to supply parts for the Sprungs out there.

Thanks, Keith

It's a shame, it really is. I've enjoyed my sprungs 100% since I mounted them.

It's sad to see that the industry won't even listen to us, the consumer.

So you're throwing in the towel for the new stuff? A6x and additional

A7 and 8's as well?

I'm sorry to hear this and I really hope something happens that gets you going again. I do feel it's the best roller hockey chassis and was definitely looking forward to the A6X arms and eventually the magnesium arms.

That are bad news - SPRUNGS are best frames for Inlinehockey and I'll never want go back to a conventional frame!

Why do the great companies in hockey ignore the massive advantages of SPRUNGS??

I wish that i can buy a complete BAUER, EASTON or CCM boot with mounted SPRUNGS - original, out of the box. I now there a lot of new customers out there.

Hope this dream come true soon.

Good luck Keith.

Frank (from Europe, Germany)

I had to wait a day to really think about this. I am really disapointed.But just thinking of some of the past Ideas that the inline world came up with,like the mission vibe chassis, or the bauer rocker frame.And now on there door step is realy what they have been looking for all this time.I guess they all gave up and just moved on.Timing is everything. I know we have one heck of a frame on our skates, Almost like the next best kept secret but you really want to share it with everyone because its that good. Great minds take chances and thats what leads us to the next best Idea. I'll keep my fingers crossed for good news to come.

There is only one product in the hockey industry that makes it physically easier to cross over from ice to inline. By making sure the only available frame is inferior, the dreaded crossover has an automatic limiter. By presenting and preserving an OFFICIAL solid/rigid position, the hockey companies can keep a superior product from interfering. The reps that you'd think would jump at this have, instead, handed me rote "It doesn't actually do anything and it actually looses energy every stride.", and this from people who have never been on them. Mainstream reps do not want to go up against the boot and equipment maker's OFFICIAL frame with a product that embarrasses them. Any time we've been close to an OEM deal, which has been often, we've been OK with the reps. We've actually had several deals with one Major Boot Company, with promises and handshakes and good feelings all around, that they walked away from without batting an eye. Each time they did it my credibility with my investors, and the hockey community, went down.

We are still only a distributor away from remaining in business. If we had an OEM, we would have multi distribution offers. No main market=no after market=no licensee. At the risk of hubris, we're looking at Major League Baseball and Jackie Robinson. There are no restrooms for Sprungsters.

You gotta be shittin' me. I've been dying to get my hands on a set of A7s for months now.

This sort of shit pisses me off.

Sorry to hear, Keith. Maybe something comes up out of the woodwork for ya.