Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rinkrat94

Easton Helmet

I used to wear a Skullcap for different reasons (Mission Carbster lining was rough on bare skin) but it's been a while and I ditched it when I switched over to Intake.

Finally got to use it in a game setting. It's been years since I used a VN bucket and I shave my head, so take this for what it's worth - but the moisture management was not good at all. I had sweat dripping all down my eyes and visor, and whenever I took off the helmet, it just collected in the center and forehead area.

The ventilation wasn't there either - especially coming from an Intake. I may try to improve things by cutting out the honeycomb and see if it improves.

I've been having the same experience as well, I rotate three helmets (NBH 4000, s9 and 6K) and of the three helmets the 6k has worked best in terms of controlling moisture and while at first I loved the 6k fit I now find the wide fit of the helmet annoying.

The s9 fits well but I've had some issue with the moisture getting to my shield, can be in pain in the ass

I've been meaning to ask. What is the s9 comparable to in fit? I know it's supposed to be narrow but are we talking ccm 652 or 692 narrow, NBH 4000 narrow or nbh 4500 narrow?.. Or something completely different?

I just picked up an S9 and it is definitely narrow. I would say it is even more narrow than my old Bauer 4000. They also run small. I was wearing a Medium 4000 and I'm now wearing a large S9, opened all the way up.

the 4000 is nearly 8 inches at its widest point, compared to a 7.6 inch or so width of the s9

a large fits me and I have a pretty massive dome really (kid in the pics are my brother, both helmets are little big on him)

No, I never pestered them. In fact I forgot about the helmet thing.

I'm more upset they aren't doing it this year as I felt it was a great way to get donations from those that wouldn't normally go out of their way. If anyone has any recommendations for the Vancouver area please let me know.

Did you guys have to pester Easton for the last year for your toy drive s9?

Me either, it just randomly turned up. I didn't even know I was one of the first 25 Canadian's to get my toys in?

I used to buy every helmet on the market. This one just doesn't do it for me.

But hey, if its free its for me. I don't think I was one of the first 25 donators but it would be nice to get a helmet since I only received 1 out of 2 S17s.