Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vapor

Favorite Drinks

Just got the new apartment, and I just stocked my bar. I was wondering what everybodys favorite drinks were. Any kind of mixed drink. I was on a white russian kick for a while, but I think Im nover that. Mojitos are all the rage in the city as of recently and I like em, theyre a nice summer drink. My favorite drink though has gotta be an old school one from the 50s. Its a pretty light drink (about 30-40 proof when mixed). Its called a grasshopper, you mix creme de cocca (white) with creme de mente, throw in a splash of cream and shake it all up with some ice. Poor it into a cocktail glass and youve got a beautiful cocktail that tastes just like choclate chip mint ice cream.

I wonder how many underage kids will chip in and give stupid answers just to be part of the thread.. or to be cool.

I wonder how many underage kids will chip in and give stupid answers just to be part of the thread..

yeah well its not really cool/smart when you post you're an underage drinker in a public site haha

Summer drink - Campari and orange juice or just Campari on the rocks

Winter - scotch or brandy

- occasionally brandy with orange/mango/passion fruit juice

you like any cognac or just brandy?

you like any cognac or just brandy?

I love cognac too.

And Armagnac! Had a really interesting French Armagnac once, I think it was Janneau 1970?? and it has kinda spoiled me for the ones in my budget.

Calvados is very interesting as well.

Have have some Louis? A good friend of mine and myself are cigar buffs and we were at a smoking lounge in the city, and we had some loose cash. We decided to each get a sifter of Louis the XIII. Lemme tell you, it is worth every penny ;). I just bought some Hine vsop cognac... its good, but not the same :)

Louis? HaHaa, not in the budget, I have to keep my kid in skates. That's what $2 or 3,000/bottle? Might as well be a million dollars - or a very desperate date! LOL

I have had some Hine - one I absolutely loved, but forget what year it was. Paul Giroud makes some very fine cognac that I have enjoyed on numerous occasions.

I think it is Hennesey who make 'Richard' which I was thrilled with. One of my friends swears it is BETTER than Louis and, as he was buying, I wasn't going to debate the point. From the sound of your experience, maybe I should have.

About underage drinking--

Isnt it in Europe you can drink at 16? And some states in America its around there? not all are 21 right?

In the town im from, there is no drinking age. I had some 13year old ask me to get two 40's.

rum or wisky with coke are both good

also try it with all diff types of sodas like vanila coke or sprite, stuff like that

Mnt Dew... with nothing in it.

Im a big fan of REAL fountain drinks too. Nothing like a good mixed vanilla coke.

Im pretty sure the 21 yr old rule applies everywhere in the U.S. but could be wrong

I'm pretty sure you're right. Not that long ago (20 or 30 years) it was varied by state to state. The federal Inter-State Commerce Act or something similar which paid for interstate highways mandated the drinking age be 21 in every state in order to receive funding. I fucked that explination up, but I'm sure someone can clarify it.

Anyway I'll throw out there Skip and Go Naked. 2 part beer, 1 part lemonade, 1 part vodka. Sounds terrible, but its really good. I almost always stick to beer, but this works well for a change.