Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zrez

Import Cars

http://www.j-specimports.ca/list/index.php?ID=7581

This is got to be one of the god-awfulest looking cars I have ever seen..

Its like a miata.. that made a pass through some tiawana chop shop.

that looks nice tho

i just saw a guy driving on the right side of the car i think the car was imported from england as it had the lenisce plates from england

Damnit.. I don't think I could drive on the right hand side.. Plus, I don't think its legal here :(

ever see the old usps trucks?

http://www.j-specimports.ca/list/index.php?ID=7581

This is got to be one of the god-awfulest looking cars I have ever seen..

Its like a miata.. that made a pass through some tiawana chop shop.

that looks nice tho

i just saw a guy driving on the right side of the car i think the car was imported from england as it had the lenisce plates from england

oo my bad i don't want headlights sticking out of the car body

Damnit.. I don't think I could drive on the right hand side.. Plus, I don't think its legal here :(

ever see the old usps trucks?

or today's stupid slow mail vans that pulls over everytime to put mail in the mail boxes that take 1 hours to finish an route and get out of the way??

Yeah. things must be a lot different here tho. Skylines are like sunfires. Sure, u cant buy a north american skyline, but it would seem like you could if u looked at all the cars on the streets where i live.

What are you smoking?

Poniac Sunfires cost about $14k here in the US.

Nissan Skylines are not even available here in the states.. I have seen them for sale through dupoint, but they cost upward of $60-75k

What i mean is that there are TONS of skylines here, just like their are TONS of sunfires.

Besides, you canget skylines for under 10 easily. Unless its a GTR, then under 15

Sorry, but a skyline under 10K or a GT-R under 15K is a shit car, PERIOD. I have a friend with his 7800 dollar 89 Skyline GTS-T and it is a pile of garbage. Body isn't straight, there's rust, parts don't fit well, interior is really worn, and the mileage was not correct. I also have a friend who got a GT-R for 12K including his OOP and thought it was a great deal, but it was another shit car. Turbos smoked, interior was beat to shit, had tons of miles on it with a rolled back odometer, motor had some blowby, and there was rust in the back of the car.

Parts are not that bad for Skylines. You can pickup oil filters for them here, they use a standard style of oil, the transmission, driveshaft, and rear axle is shared with the 300ZX's, a lot of suspension parts are shared with them and 240SX's as well. The worst part is any small gaskets/washers/nuts/bolts/etc for the engine, or anything to do with the front differential or axles if you get a GTR or a GTS-4.

I have a 1992 GT-R coming over with Import Concern. It's legal for importation in March but I'm not bringing it over untill May when I am done school for this year. With OOP, registration, etc, etc, etc, it's going to be in the neighbourhood of 20K all said and done, and this is for a clean stock car with 66K miles on it, all paint on the intake manifold, no mods, one owner, all records, no accidents, and an auction grade 4.0

are you thinking of the people who put SKYLINE badges on their G35s? Because I did that to my G when I had one, everybody was like DAMN kid wheres yous gets thats shits.

No, we're thinking of importing Skylines from Japan/UK over here.

skylinebc4.jpg

My bud got a skyline for 6,5 and its pretty nice. grade auction 3.5

How do you like import concern? He's been responding to me e-mails the fastest and he seems like he knows what hes talking about. Iam pretty sure iam going to import from them.

Good thing ur getting a GTR. with fairlady's, GTO's and GTR's all having roughly 300hp, i couldnt handle getting a GTS with just 215.

AUction grades are only cosmetic, am i correct?

No, we're thinking of importing Skylines from Japan/UK over here.

yeah... forgot the sarcasm tags, damn.

Anybody else notice that the price is for the car "landed" and doesn't include making the car street-legal for us/canada/whatever.

I'd rather drop the 8k on a newer canadian/american-sold car that I can see, feel, and smell.

Whats not street legal about them? People drive left hand cars here all the time.

In the US they need to be upgraded with safety stuff for some of them, the ones that were never originally sold there atleast.

In Canada you basically need to get an OOP (Out Of Province) inspection done, which is the same for when you are bringing ANY car in from out of your province. They check basic shit like lights, running gear, etc, to make sure it's in good running order, you bring the car in, register it, and go.

Whats not street legal about them? People drive left hand cars here all the time.

In the US they need to be upgraded with safety stuff for some of them, the ones that were never originally sold there atleast.

In Canada you basically need to get an OOP (Out Of Province) inspection done, which is the same for when you are bringing ANY car in from out of your province. They check basic shit like lights, running gear, etc, to make sure it's in good running order, you bring the car in, register it, and go.

yeah.. its not much of a big deal at all here. maybe in the states from the sounds of it.

i can't believe one of you thought he was importing a brand new car. of course it's used, how the fuck would you be able to buy a brand new 300zx for under 10 grand (not to mention they don't even make them anymore)? and zrez is right.. the price for a 300zx here is pretty expensive.

along with some exclusive JDM (japanese domestic market) options, you will notice that the milage on these cars are very low. any car (same year) you find around here will have much more on them.

whether there are a ton of skylines or not around here, that is still one of my dream cars.

http://www.motorex.net/skyline.html# to convert skylines go to conversion/pricing. those are the prices, 16-25 grand which i don't think is worth it unless your bringing in one of the best skylines. also, from http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Featu...rticleId=105699, "A few less-than-strictly-legal Skylines have snuck into the U.S. and registered. But if law enforcement catches up with one, it's likely to be confiscated and exported — or worse. If you want to import a GT-R yourself, be prepared to learn all the intricacies of certification that a company like Motorex already knows. And Motorex isn't sharing its knowledge. "

http://www.motorex.net/skyline.html# to convert skylines go to conversion/pricing. those are the prices, 16-25 grand which i don't think is worth it unless your bringing in one of the best skylines. also, from http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Featu...rticleId=105699, "A few less-than-strictly-legal Skylines have snuck into the U.S. and registered. But if law enforcement catches up with one, it's likely to be confiscated and exported — or worse. If you want to import a GT-R yourself, be prepared to learn all the intricacies of certification that a company like Motorex already knows. And Motorex isn't sharing its knowledge. "

Motorex is long gone.

along with some exclusive JDM (japanese domestic market) options, you will notice that the milage on these cars are very low. any car (same year) you find around here will have much more on them.

Ahhh the beauty of odometer rollback(s).

and zrez is right.. the price for a 300zx here is pretty expensive.

Last time i checked, 10-12grand isnt expensive for a car, at all.

if your going to do it, then get the gto, its seriously a nice car

Thanks. This thread was originaly made for opinions on what car i should get, not a debate on wether i should import or not.

And as for 10-12k not being a lot for a car, its a lot when u consider iam still a student, and i get get just the same (or better) car for 8k.

Motorex is long gone.

Ahhh the beauty of odometer rollback(s).

and zrez is right.. the price for a 300zx here is pretty expensive.

Last time i checked, 10-12grand isnt expensive for a car, at all.

it's a lot for me considering i just bought my first car.

Your forgetting that Thockey's balla, and has more money then all of us combined. Thats why its not expensive to him. The guys show collection is worth more then my car.

+ it's not like the majority of the cars have their odometers rolled back.. of course there's always stuff like that out there but i highly doubt it's like that for all the imports.

+ it's not like the majority of the cars have their odometers rolled back.. of course there's always stuff like that out there but i highly doubt it's like that for all the imports.

its much easier to get away with though. International commerce = no buyer protection (or a strong lack of)

Your forgetting that Thockey's balla, and has more money then all of us combined. Thats why its not expensive to him. The guys show collection is worth more then my car.

What does Thockey do for a job?

What does Thockey do for a job?

He mooches off of his parents and grandparents.

I love you too.