Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zrez

Import Cars

are your parents/grandparents looking to adopt by any chance?

If you're a female of exotic descent, between the age(s) of 18-24, with a coke bottle figure........yes.

Your forgetting that Thockey's balla, and has more money then all of us combined. Thats why its not expensive to him. The guys show collection is worth more then my car.

I heard he so rich Warren Buffet asks him for loans... :ph34r:

What does Thockey do for a job?

He mooches off of his parents and grandparents.

Your forgetting that Thockey's balla, and has more money then all of us combined. Thats why its not expensive to him. The guys show collection is worth more then my car.

I love you too.

Hope you dont think I meant any thing against you, nothing against a guy whos got cash.

K.. dont get me wrong. Imports are awesome.

Just get a car that you cant get here.

Old Lancer Evos, Nissan Skylines and Nsx's are all great cars and are rare finds here across the drink.

I would stay away from skylines because they have to be made street legal in the U.S. You may get a good deal on the car itself, but you will probably end up spending $50K+ to have the car made legal for driving in the U.S. Before you import any car, make sure it will be legal to drive in the U.S. Without heavy modifications.

sorry, if anyone has already said this, I didn't read the whole thread.

Edit: Also, for the guy ripping on Miatas, Miatas are known for being great autocross cars. Also, from what I hear, they are really fun to drive. They may not be the toughest, meanest looking cars around, but sometimes you have to overlook its physical appearance.

Old Lancer Evos, Nissan Skylines and Nsx's are all great cars and are rare finds here across the drink.

I would stay away from skylines because they have to be made street legal in the U.S. You may get a good deal on the car itself, but you will probably end up spending $50K+ to have the car made legal for driving in the U.S. Before you import any car, make sure it will be legal to drive in the U.S. Without heavy modifications.

Edit: Also, for the guy ripping on Miatas, Miatas are known for being great autocross cars. Also, from what I hear, they are really fun to drive. They may not be the toughest, meanest looking cars around, but sometimes you have to overlook its physical appearance.

50k+????

What kind of rules do you people have in the states? I havent heard of anyone here having to spend over 500$ to pass safetys and be legal here in canada.

Well you guys go ahead and drive a miata, see how many gay guys hit on you.

50k+????

What kind of rules do you people have in the states? I havent heard of anyone here having to spend over 500$ to pass safetys and be legal here in canada.

It is completely different. Speedo/Odo has to be converted to MPH, you have to have different front and rear bumps and fascias fitted, different rear glass, different exhaust with a different cat converter, different mirrors, a fuel cut off switch, and get a different VIN tag attached to the car to get it legal in the states. It is a LOT more work and completely different from Canada. When we import them to Canada the government basically says "As long as it's 15 years old or older, it's a classic car and we don't care what it is", whereas the US says "it may be 15 years old, but it has to pass our safety and emissions standards"