Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

Back To School.

So this year I'm starting my Junior Year, so-called the most important year of school you'll ever go through. Already, I can see that my chemistry teacher is insane. He has something like four jobs, including a high-school teacher by day, and a college professor by night. He's done work for NASA, and developed a rocket fuel, but it turned out that it was only powerful enough for small satellite launches. He's one of two types of scientists in the nation that figures out how much energy or something that is in atoms, and he's one of 5, IN THE WORLD!!! This guy is unbelievable. The first day, he says that we are no longer in high school, we are in college, and are going to be treated like college students, since Chemistry is a college-prep course. :blink: . I dunno how well I'm going to do with the math part. Math=not my subject.

This guy is crazy, I swear. And my english teacher is another story. She cannot teach to save her life (even other teachers have said it), and she has the biggest attitude ever. I had her for homeroom last year, and even after 15 minutes I wanted to shoot her. UGH.

Anyone else dealing with major back-to-school issues?

well i started school august 16TH lol

its my senior year and it seems to be easy!

8 easy classes....yay!!

but my senior year i had a terrible english teacher and my chemistry teacher wascrazy.

she cried like 1 time a month in our class.

My chemistry teacher has had 2 heart attacks, and 2 strokes. He passed out right in the middle of a class last year and had to be sent to the hospital for like 2 or 3 days.

I can't say I've heard that. So far, my sophmore year was the easiest. I almost made honor roll each marking period, only missing by a few points each one. I haven't done that well since 5th grade. I've heard that Junior Year is the most important, due to the classes, and amount of projects you get on top of sports, jobs, and whatever else you have to do.

My chemistry teacher has had 2 heart attacks, and 2 strokes. He passed out right in the middle of a class last year and had to be sent to the hospital for like 2 or 3 days.

mine was a little lady from the boonies and she was very country.

my class was very bad tho.

we could have won an award for misbehavior...soo many stories

i also ended up with like a 106% in her class..lol

Yup, I also started my junior year yesterday. EBondo, my chemistry teacher must be the exact opposite of yours from what it sounds like. Mine is completely monotone and boring. It's gunna be tough for me to do good in this class seeing that i struggled with bio last year and now i cant seem to pay attention to my teacher because hes so boring. Whatever, my other classes are sick.

LChockey24, you have 8 classes senior year? Most seniors I know have 4 or 5 classs.

Yup, I also started my junior year yesterday. EBondo, my chemistry teacher must be the exact opposite of yours from what it sounds like. Mine is completely monotone and boring. It's gunna be tough for me to do good in this class seeing that i struggled with bio last year and now i cant seem to pay attention to my teacher because hes so boring. Whatever, my other classes are sick.

LChockey24, you have 8 classes senior year? Most seniors I know have 4 or 5 classs.

i only need 3 credits, but i have 4 classes each day.

im taking

2 teachers aid's

tv production

sportswriting

criminal jsutice

advanced geography

algebra 3

english 4

I'm going back to classes in a few minutes. I had one earlier and nighclass at 7 (but am meeting up with a friend beforehand)

So far so good for me, my only class has literally half the workload I was expecting and I am getting much more money than I expected on my book buy-backs. American Lit tonight should be interested, I'm not enrolled in it yet, just shopping it a bit.

I've heard different theories on everygrade being the most difficult. Don't believe any of it, it's a personal thing. Do what you can to work through poor teaching, the teachers at the upper levels aren't terrific.

Mine is completely monotone and boring.

Sounds like my history teacher. Been in school two days and I already fell asleep. Good thing I'm really good with history.

I can't wait to see how my class is gonna be next year. We already own the school pretty much, cause this year's senior class sucks. My class is crazzzyyyy

last years senior class at my school was crazy!

they had mr.soccer and state champion soccer team, they were an awsome class.

our senior class isnt as good at all, but we also have a huge class!!

I can't say I've heard that. So far, my sophmore year was the easiest.

Not saying it's right it's just something i have heard and for me freshman year was the easiest year I have had

This quarter is going to be easy. I have to take all of the basic 200 level poly sci classes to satisfy my major, so I'm taking US Politics online. Online classes are without a doubt the greatest thing ever, last one I tookmy midterm and final (which were 80% of the grade) were weighed straight up 20%. Then I'm taking US History, Intro to Islam, and Spanish. Spanish will suck but one of my housemates is a Spanish major, so that'll help. MWF I'm on campus from 10-1, TR I'm on from 11-1:20. I love my schedule. Plus my house is a block from campus.

I'm going to agree with you about the online classes, I'm going for my doctorate thru a program here and online is saving me a hell of a lot of hassle.

Man i just started college, (grade 12 to you guys) and man i LOVE my schedule, mondays my frst (and only) lesson is at 1:15pm for an hour!

Then tuesday nuffin till 10:15 then English lit, Phys Ed and Psychology

WEds, Phys Ed then nada,

Thrusdays same as tues and friday same as tues:D

i dont get all this grade 10 stuff, over here we have primary school - p1, p2 etc right to p7, then u go to high school which is 1st yr, 2nd yr, 3rd so on to 6th year and theres lower and upper sixth, im lower 6th right now, started on monday. We get this thing called EMA, were u get payed every 2 weeks just for showing up to school, £60 every 2 weeks is awesome and i only have 3 classes.

could someone say what age u are in each grade so i can understand what grade would corospond with what yr please?

And what do you call the big exams you do when your 16/17, in 5th year, if you have any? their called GCSES over here and you do 8/9 subjects.

My freshmen year so far seems to be pretty good. The only thing I can complain about is that my geometry teacher is basically Leo from That 70's Show. He has the beard and the long hair and wears it in a pony tail all the time. He says "man" all the time and just talks like him. Its really quite funny, and he doesn't really explain things very well. Other than that it seems like it will be a fun year.

im a sophmore in college but just transfered to my school (IUP..) so its kinda like being a freshie cause I dont know where anything is located. My schedules sweet, earliest class on any day is 915, MW i have a break from 1030 to 630 then i have one quick easy computer night class for an hour and a half. Tuesdays, I have one class, math, at 1:15 in the afternoon, and Thursdays I have math followed by a geology lab with a professor who has been all over the world, the Mojave desert, arctic circle, and other places for studies, plus he has lived in Cali, Colorado, Massachusettes but now he's living in Pittsburgh, my hometown, so thats pretty cool..

Havn't met many people or partied much yet.. blah :(