Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Langenbrunner15

i was in the 7th grade, they didnt tell us anything. i remeber one of the older kids mentioned something about a plane crash but i didnt think it was anything like that. i got home and turned on the tv and was in total shock.

I had an 8.30 am class that morning. My students are always goofing on me, so when one of them broke into the class and said the WTT had been hit by a plane and it was a terrorist attack... I said, you can't get me, I know about "The War of the Worlds". No, they said, it's for real, it's on TV

So we went into the hall (my school is a communications centre and we have TV's absolutely EVERYWHERE in the halls - usually playing student work). So, I watched it and at first I thought it was an elaborate student project... and then I was just sick as it dawned on me that this wasn't special effects - it was all too real. All over the campus, quiet groups huddled in front of the TV sets all day long.

Like most of us, I wanted nothing more than to go home and gather together with those I loved, but we had students freaking out. It's a diverse student population, had a couple of Americans, some muslims and a ton of other cultures and other international students. I spent the day calming them down and convincing them that the CN Tower was NOT the next strategic target. And being "family" for those who didn't have a family to go to. We probably spent about 3 or 4 days into the next week continuing to process it and put reactions and speculations into perspective.

I had just got back from school and i ran upstairs to get something when i got to the top of the stairs i looked at the T.V and it showed the first tower smoking and the plane flying into the second tower and i just dropped my bag and stood there shocked.

best wishes to anyone who lost a relative or friend.

Like others, I was at work when the news broke. We were all huddled around a TV when we saw the second plane go in live. Unspeakable shock when we realized this was not accidental. When the first tower fell, I first thought of all the friends I have that work in lower Manhattan - I emailed and called many of them. None of them were injured, but a few saw things during that day that will be forever seared on their memories. I then thought about how a year earlier to the day, I was working at 7 WTC (which collapsed after the twin towers).

Just wondering where you boys were when you found out what happened/was happening...

911uc9.jpg

Went to surf with my uncle, and he got called into work. When he got there the whole house was empty, and would never return. I guess you can say i saved his life.

I was in Quezon City in the Philippines. My buddy came over and said that a missle hit the whitehouse the night before (in a very relaxed, I dont really care tone). I blew it off until I turned on the tv and was shocked. My roomate freaked out and wanted to fly home thinking that it was the end of the world.

It was a sad day.

I was stayed home from school that day... I was puking and I went back to the TV and saw what had happened... which caused me to puke some more since my uncle was around 4 blocks away from the towers.

Oh and I stayed home from school the day that Bush declared war on Iraq. I don't unerstand why bad things happen when I get sick.

There's no such thing as hopeless if you believe! The Budweiser Story (not a joke) This is TRUE! How Budweiser handled those who laughed at those who died on the 11th of September, 2001...Thought you might like to know what happened in a little town north of Bakersfield, California. On September 11th, a Budweiser employee was making a delivery to a convenience store in a California town named McFarland. He knew of the tragedy that had occurred in New York when he entered the business to find the two arabs, who owned the business, whooping and hollering to show their approval and support of this treacherous attack. The Budweiser employee went to his truck, called his boss and told him of the very upsetting event! He didn't feel he could be in that store with those horrible people. His boss asked him,"Do you think you could go in there long enough to pull every Budweiser product and item our beverage company sells there? We'll never deliver to them again." The employee walked in, proceeded to pull every single product his beverage company provided and left with an incredible grin on his face. He told them never to bother to call for a delivery again. Budweiser happens to be the beer of choice for that community. Just letting you know how Kern County handled this situation. And Now The Rest Of The Story: It seems that the Bud driver and the Pepsi man are neighbors. Bud called Pepsi and told him. Pepsi called his boss who told him to pull all Pepsi products as well!!! That would include Frito Lay, etc. Furthermore, word spread and all vendors followed suit! At last report, the store was closed indefinitely. Good old American Passive-Aggressive A$$ Whoopin!

I can't believe its already been 5 years since that happened.

I was in 4th grade and all of the kids in my class kept leaving to go home and everyone had no clue what was going on. All the teachers knew but they wouldn't let any of the students know. So I didn't find out until after school when I got home and my mom told me and i watch the news.

Thanks to all the fireman, police officers, paramedics, and all the other help that was given on that day.

Yup a sad event. and i'm sorry for the ''normal people'' who lost their lifes for a event like this.

BUT!. What about Hiroshima and nagasaki??uuummm...Nobody remember that day?In terms of life, i think it is what, 50x times more dead.

i was in fourth grade and we had an assembly that day(about some fundraiser)

i remeber looking in the offic and seeing the tv on. that was thefirst time i say the tv on in the office.the teachers never told us.then i went home and my mom was waiting for me and then told me.

its the most clearest memories i have.

something i will never forget.

I was in I think 6th grade and was getting ready for school when my mom called and told me to turn on the TV...she was still driving to work and heard it on the radio. Turned it on when just one tower had been hit. RIGHT after i turned it on the live footage showed the 2nd going into the tower. Later on still before school, I watched as the 1st tower collapsed then had to go to school. I didnt even know what the WTCs were at the time and how big/how many people worked in them so I didn't think much of it until watching the news during school...I thought the USA was pretty invincible until then.

Thockey - where is that from?  Jones Beach?

A wonderful beach we call shrooms. Its between Lido West and Point Lookout.

Here's one from where Lido and Long Beach come together:

91103og4.jpg

I had just started college 2 weeks prior to the attack and was taking my first philosophy exam when it happened. I walked into me next clas ao 10:00 and found out when I got there. I went to school in manhattan, and live in queens. The whole thing was surreal. Classes were cancelled for the day and subways weren't running. I was working in the dean's office at the time, so I went there and listened to the radio for updates. Finally around 4:30 or 5:00 the subways started running again and my mom picked me up near the queens side of the 59th street bridge. It was amazing to see all the people walking across the bridge. Before the attacks, I used to have a view of the towers on my subway ride into the city every morning. It's still odd for me to look in the direction where the towers once stood, and to see empty space.

I took this from the Observation deck at the Empire State Building when I was in New York in 1998. I had no idea what happened in those buildings, I just thought..."Holy Shit...I can't believe how HUGE that are...I gotta take a picture of this"

WTC1998.jpg

Honestly...this picture was one of the first things I thought of on Sept 11, because it was the only thing I had to put the size/scale of the devastation in perspective.

Yup a sad event. and i'm sorry for the ''normal people'' who lost their lifes for a event like this.

BUT!. What about Hiroshima and nagasaki??uuummm...Nobody remember that day?In terms of life, i think it is what, 50x times more dead.

Staying with that notion, I don't think anyone remembers the date of the Oklahoma City bombing? On April 19th, no one said, "Wow, today is the 11th anniversary of the Okalhoma City bombing." Even though that didn't spark a war like the 9/11 attack did (oh wait a sec, the Oklahoma City bombing DID trigger the so called "war on terror" and 9/11 somehow led us to Iraq even though our president said it 9/11 had nothing to do with Iraq), Oklahoma was still a pivotal moment in our country's history. USA stands for the United States of Amnesia, indeed.

september 11th waas the biggest thing that will probably happen in our lifetime. if a terrorist from iraq would have doen the bombing in oklahome it would have been a huge deal too.

september 11th has changed tons of things. it is a sad, trajic event and i am glad we had heros like the police men, soldiers and all the others who have helped with this trajedy.

Sadly, I'm sure with each passing anniversary the day will have less and less significance. I hear a lot of people saying there will be a national holiday for 9/11. But there's no national holiday for the attacks on Pearl Harbor, which brought the States into WWII.

But there's no national holiday for the attacks on Pearl Harbor, which brought the States into WWII.

There is National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, but few people bother to remember that it actually exists.

But there's no national holiday for the attacks on Pearl Harbor, which brought the States into WWII.

There is National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, but few people bother to remember that it actually exists.

If people don't get the day off, it isn't a "real" holiday for most people.

Oklahoma was still a pivotal moment in our country's history....

Sad, really. Think of the "pivitol moments" everyone always speaks of...the "where were you's..." (in no particular order)

- Pearl Harbour

- Watergate/Nixon's Resignation

- Kennedy's Assasination

- Vietnam

- Oklahoma City

- Challanger Explosion (and the other...sorry the name slips my mind)

- 9/11

outside of the Moon Landing and Elvis/Beatles on Ed Sullivan, are there any positive events that shape people's memories...seeing as how, I'm only 30...all my "where were you's" are negatives...My positives are all sporting events...which, all these other things have proven are very, very unimportant when all is said and done.