Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Tie Domi retires

Best I heard was when a referee's daughter had her dad return a signed piece of memorabilia after she saw him act like a jackass to her dad on the ice.

and the NHL looses another total douche bag. Its pretty bad when even leaf fans think your a douche and you play for their team. I mean these are the same fans who think Hal Gill was a good Free agent pickup.

and the NHL looses another total douche bag. Its pretty bad when even leaf fans think your a douche and you play for their team. I mean these are the same fans who think Hal Gill was a good Free agent pickup.

My buddy (A Hab fan) was at the Leaf game with his wife last night (A Leaf fan)...he said it was hilarius listening to them scream "Gill...you suck" She said it was just like the 80's-early 90's...different Gill...same chant.

Actually 80% of Leafs Nation is already on Hal Gill. He's easily the least favourite Leaf at this point in the pre-season.

Thanks for the cap hit Domi, nice to see him spending the summer looking for work instead of retiring with some class. Wonder what Belinda has to say about this :)

Wow, the Leafs just got 10% better with his retirement... but 10% better than mediocre isn't going to cut it though lol

He was given the option to retire at the start of the year, he refused and the Leafs were forced to buy him out. He wasn't a Leaf when he retired.

I guess after an enforcer gets jacked up by Alexei Kovalev its time to retire.

Wasnt that Tucker?

It was Tucker. Kovy elbowed him in the face and then skated away into a crowd in the corner trying to get away from him. I haven't seen Kovy skate that fast in forever. Still, Tucker got some good punches in and we all were reminded of Kovy's bitch status in the league.

I guess after an enforcer gets jacked up by Alexei Kovalev its time to retire.

Wasnt that Tucker?

It was Tucker. Kovy elbowed him in the face and then skated away into a crowd in the corner trying to get away from him. I haven't seen Kovy skate that fast in forever. Still, Tucker got some good punches in and we all were reminded of Kovy's bitch status in the league.

Watch the clip again:

did you miss the first elbow?

kovalev doesn't run anywhere. Rediculous that he can pay that much attention to carrying the puck and finding tucker though!

That clip really shows what a cheap dirty player Tucker is. He tried to hit Kovalev with a dirty elbow and Kovalev managed to avoid most of the elbow. Tucker then chased after the other Canadiens player and took a big two handed swing at the back of his legs that barely missed. When Kovalev decked him it was well deserved and Kovalev definitely didn't seem to be trying to get away from Tucker at all. Kovalev noted the cheap shot Tucker tried to give and hit him back. After the shot Tucker tried to deliver it was very well deserved - a lot of star players would've whined to the ref about the lack of a call and done nothing themselves and perhaps hoped a tough guy from their team would step in for them, but Kovalev went after Tucker himself.

I just wish the Habs players didn't jump in afterwards. Fairs fair, Tucker deserved the elbow, but it's a shame he didn't take the beating of his life afterwards.

I'm a huge tucker fan, but I think that was the best play I've seen by Kovy. Tucker deserved that one. And the fact that he drew tucker in by pretending to deke and then just leveled him is just a masterpiece in the art of dirty hits. :rolleyes: