Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

TO attempts suicide

Jesus Christ...just what my 'Boys need.

This is the kind of stuff that goes WAAAAAAY beyond football.

It doesn't even sound like it was a serious attempt - just more of his "Hey everyone, look at me!!!" dramatic bullshit. I'm beyond sick of this guy.

Do you even know what the hell you're talking about? I don't want to guess as to what exactly the prescription med was, but if it was something like percocet or lortab then it was definitely a serious attempt and he was lucky that EMS arrived as quick as they did.

I do know what the Hell I am talking about. My father was (well - still is, I suppose - I haven't spoken with him since I was 13) suffered from what are called "cluster headaches" (apparently comparable to amputation without any kind of medication - all I know is that my dad is/was the toughest person I ever met and he cried like a little girl when he was hit by these things), and was mentally ill and very abusive, as well.

If I had a dollar for every time he "tried" to O.D. on his pain medication (which was some serious, serious shit), I'd probably have about $10 or $15 more in my pocket right now. Officially, they went in the books as "suicide attempts," but in reality, they were simply just actions that underscored his need for the spotlight and to initiate insane amounts of drama.

Owens seems to have some very serious mental issues as well. I have seen this kind of shit ruin families, lives and relationships. Like my father, Owens refuses to seek help, which is disappointing, sad, irritating and, moreover, pathetic and cowardly.

honestly your an idiot. Im sorry blunt yes, innappropriate maybe but i dont care. Do you know the guy? Have you and T.O. ever hung out? HELL NO. You see him on tv and dont like things he does or says in the media. Im willing to bet he's a nice guy, thats just cocky and does some cocky things. For you to suggest that he did this for media is ridiculous and ignorant because you have no idea the circumstances of which terrell owens lives under. Im sorry to hear about your experience i really am, but dont for a minute judge someone there personality and there intentions without EVER having spoken to them in person. Its absolutely ridiculus and quite frankly childish.

Well Owens is doing a press conference now (on ESPN), and he's denying the suicide attempt. Says he's going to play Sunday...

All right, for all this incessant carving on a guy for relating it to his own personal experience, you're just as much in the wrong for assuming what he says ISN'T right. For as many reasons we can assume that Lkpt's wrong we can just as well assume he's right.

The thing is we arent judging terrell owens personality or calling him names liek a five year old. If he had of just realted to it then i wouldnt have cared. Its the constant judging of people that no one even knows that gets me.

honestly your an idiot. Im sorry blunt yes, innappropriate maybe but i dont care. Do you  know the guy? Have you and T.O. ever hung out? HELL NO. You see him on tv and dont like things he does or says in the media. Im willing to bet he's a nice guy, thats just cocky and does some cocky things. For you to suggest that he did this for media is ridiculous and ignorant because you have no idea the circumstances of which terrell owens lives under. Im sorry to hear about your experience i really am, but dont for a minute judge someone there personality and there intentions without EVER having spoken to them in person. Its absolutely ridiculus and quite frankly childish.

Oh, boy, here we go.

I never claimed to have known or have spoken to T.O., nor did I in any way attempt to give a final "prognosis," if-you-will, because I simply can't. What I did do, however, if offer my opinion, then cited the circumstances by/through which I met this conclusion. This is why I used words/phrases like "seem" "it doesn't even sound to me" "it sounds to me" and the like.

I am entitled to my opinion as you are entitled to yours. I am just trying to share with you guys my experience with what seems (uh oh, there's one of those words again) to be at least a comparable situation. I'm sorry for (attempting) to contribute to the conversation.

True, but for all we know his assumption is spot on. Myself? I couldn't care less what this palooka did to himself because I don't have TO on any fantasy teams. That's the extent of which I can care for the guy because I don't know him from Adam. Well I can also care how this will surely suck the headline space for days to come.

Chris Simms played thru injuries that resulted in a splenectomy, but this retard will be the talk for the rest of the month.

"Like my father, Owens refuses to seek help, which is disappointing, sad, irritating and, moreover, pathetic and cowardly."

suggesting? how do you know he's been advised to seek help before? i have no problem wiht you contributing but dont critisize the guy.

"Like my father, Owens refuses to seek help, which is disappointing, sad, irritating and, moreover, pathetic and cowardly."

suggesting? how do you know he's been advised to seek help before? i have no problem wiht you contributing but dont critisize the guy.

They quoted his former teammates as making similar statements on ESPN and ESPNews. Both the 49ers and the Eagles asked him to seek help - both franchises said that he refused to do so.

Once again media. Until you talk to the guy or someone close to him dont make judgements. I guarantee if people had known suicide was a threat we would of heard about it way before now.

His teammates, coaches and management aren't close enough to him? They had to deal with his bullshit everyday. You really can't read/hear a quote and file it under "media," as I am pretty sure they can't/don't make that kinda shit up (well, not ESPN, anyways).

I amend my level of care regarding this because now I simply cannot wait to see him return to Philly. Seeing a shower of pills come down at him will be quite a sight.

Seeing a shower of pills come down at him will be quite a sight.

Shit, I didn't even think about that. Oh, man, I'm going to have to tape the game...actually...I don't - I'm sure that kinda thing would make it's way onto YouTube.

How much different would this discussion be if he had off'd himself? Personally I couldn't care less about the guy either way and I'm sure that sounds colder than I intend it to be. I don't know him, don't really care about football, don't really care if he plays or not. I find it interesting that his publicist is quoted as saying things to police officers and now denies making those statements. Either way, how much airtime was wasted today talking about this situation?

Either way, how much airtime was wasted today talking about this situation?

Meh - the Braves are out of the playoff hunt (and have been for awhile) and Lord knows that they're not going to talk about hockey...I'm indifferent at this point.

I'm soooooooooo sick of T.O. But I don't think he'd try to commit suicide. He seems like an allright guy who is just immature and knows how to market himself.

I'm soooooooooo sick of T.O. But I don't think he'd try to commit suicide. He seems like an allright guy who is just immature and knows how to market himself.

he was on espn last night and he said he didnt try to comment suicide....

but id deny it if i did it too...