Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

My little Warrior Rant.

All I have to say is that the power of marketing always amazes me.......

I agree with you there. I do wonder how many people bought Warrior's because they were Inno users. That's what got me to look at and buy one.

Barely any. 5 of my teammates switched to Warrior this year, and when I tell them they used to be Innos they ask me, "Who the hell is Inno?"

All I have to say is that the power of marketing always amazes me.......

I've been saying this for years:

It's easier to tell everyone you have a good product than it is to make one.

Chadd, that reminds me of a scene from Tommy Boy.

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why do they put a guarantee on a box? Hmm, very interesting.

Ted: I'm listening.

Tommy: Here's how I see it. A guy puts a guarantee on the box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.

Ted: Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy: 'Course it does. Ya think if you leave that box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter.

Ted: What's your point?

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, but we're not buying it. Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.

Ted: But why do they put a guarantee on the box then?

Tommy: Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for right now, for your sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality item from me.

Ted: Hmm. Okay, I'll buy from you.

I won't argue that a lot of Warrior users know nothing about Innovative. Those are the kids who buy the sticks because they look cool. They probably by something else if it looked cooler. I don't think that group cares much about Warriors marketing strategy. They only care about what looks cool and if their friends will go "woa cool you got a Warrior, awesome!" Hey, that's just my opinion.

Then there is the group of people who buy Warrior sticks because they were long time Inno users. That's the group I am in. I don't really care for some of their graphics. In fact, I would probably buy a MacDaddy if it wasn't so god awful looking. I don't care for their website because it doesn't offer enough info about their products. The only thing I really cared about was the Inno design.

Nobody on either of my teams uses warrior. We played a team last week and I saw a few dolomites.

But after all this, no matter how 'god ugly' these sticks are (which probably helped), look at where Warrior is now! Look at this forum. We're talking about it, whether or not the product is up to par. That's why 'Warrior' is becoming something and 'Inno' stayed nothing.

The kids want what's new, even if it isn't attractive. Warrior just wanted to be seen and they got it.

I still think Easton holds the crown for marketing..

Still to this date, there are kids out there who refer to all carbon sticks as "synergies".

But after all this, no matter how 'god ugly' these sticks are (which probably helped), look at where Warrior is now! Look at this forum. We're talking about it, whether or not the product is up to par. That's why 'Warrior' is becoming something and 'Inno' stayed nothing.

The kids want what's new, even if it isn't attractive. Warrior just wanted to be seen and they got it.

They may be talked about a lot on this board but I haven't seen Inno or Warrior around in-person. I think my brother's the only one I've seen in his hockey games that has anything Warrior-related and it's not carried here. They may have word-of-mouth going but no one's buying them in my experience.

Keep in mind that this site and its members represent a small fraction. I would say Inno had comparable users on board here but that didn't dent the gen. pop.

Might as well add it to this thread.

Marc Savard was using a light blue Warrior tonight. Anyone know what it is?

I was thinking it was a new MacDaddy since that's what he was using the past few games.

Might as well add it to this thread.

Marc Savard was using a light blue Warrior tonight. Anyone know what it is?

I was thinking it was a new MacDaddy since that's what he was using the past few games.

I saw that... it was baby blue.. I was thinking 'leftover from his Atlanta stock?', but yeah... it looked like a MacDaddy, painted baby blue instead of the snot green.

My friend said Patrik Elias was also using a baby blue warrior last night. He insisted that it was a dolomite that was black with baby blue where the gree normally is. I know that elias has been using Starskies, so it would be more likely for him to go this route than using a MacDaddy, but again, I haven't seen any pics.

edit: there are pics in the NHL gallery and it sure does look like a dolomite.

edit#2: Gettyimages Image #72274084 has a nice clar view of it. I like the look of the MacDaddy better, but this thing is still pretty sweet.

thats probably a new macdaddy cuz it has the same little picture thing on the bottom part of the shaft. i dont think its a dolomite cuz if you look closely the little warrior symblo thing is diff

Originally I did not think that Elias was using a dolomite but it is. Roberts is Is using a Mac Daddy, I wonder if there a new generation or have any new technology?

No more Warrior than Inno around here either; one shop that went out of business used to stock Inno and now the major LHS has around a dozen Warrior OPS for sale.