Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TBLfan

Pro stock mission blades

Anyone found any big toe curves that aren't open? I am thinking of gambling on the Ruutu but I dunno. The deals are so good I'll probably just go for it.

I'd be very interested to see pics of those and any other LH blades people have picked up. I'm actually going to be skating out in a beer league next season, so I need to start obsessing about my sticks in order to be credible.

Thanks to all those who are posting LH curves, in particular; I'm much obliged.

I'm asking this next question in absolute, total goalie-grade ignorance; please respond accordingly...

What are the basic differences between the Mission pro-stock shafts available in this sale?

Sub-question: if I can get retail Dolo2 shafts for about $65 and AK-27s for $55, would I be better advised to get those shafts *instead* of the Mission pro-stocks bundled in the 2-shaft-6-blade deal? (Those shafts work out to about $85 for the pair, with shipping to Canada included.)

I've never bought two-piece (or one-piece) composite sticks before. I know about the difference between tapered and standard, but I have no idea of the merits of the various designs available in this sale, or whether pro-stock shafts are more of a gamble than the blades are.

If you feel it's more appropriate to reply by PM instead of cluttering the thread, please do.

Thanks-

LG

I'm asking this next question in absolute, total goalie-grade ignorance; please respond accordingly...

What are the basic differences between the Mission pro-stock shafts available in this sale?

I've never bought two-piece (or one-piece) composite sticks before. I know about the difference between tapered and standard, but I have no idea of the merits of the various designs available in this sale, or whether pro-stock shafts are more of a gamble than the blades are.

If you feel it's more appropriate to reply by PM instead of cluttering the thread, please do.

Thanks-

LG

My guess is that all of the Mission Pro Stock Shafts are the same just with different paint jobs but I have no idea really. Get one with a flex you like and if you have a preference on tapered versus standard after that I imagine its just looks. I dont see it as being a gamble other than the no warranty deal. They might be lighter than retail shafts with less reinforcement or they might be heavier than retail shafts with more reinforcement but thats the only difference I could imagine.

Thanks-

LG

My guess is that all of the Mission Pro Stock Shafts are the same just with different paint jobs but I have no idea really. Get one with a flex you like and if you have a preference on tapered versus standard after that I imagine its just looks. I dont see it as being a gamble other than the no warranty deal. They might be lighter than retail shafts with less reinforcement or they might be heavier than retail shafts with more reinforcement but thats the only difference I could imagine.

This may be the longest non-answer I have ever seen on this board.

Sub-question: if I can get retail Dolo2 shafts for about $65 and AK-27s for $55, would I be better advised to get those shafts *instead* of the Mission pro-stocks bundled in the 2-shaft-6-blade deal? (Those shafts work out to about $85 for the pair, with shipping to Canada included.)

Thanks-

LG

Where are you getting those shafts for that price.

Thanks-

LG

This may be the longest non-answer I have ever seen on this board.

haha maybe I should be a politician :P

The main part of my answer was this: I havent touched one of these yet, but outside of flex and hosel shape I cant imagine it matters which one you pick.

I think all the mission pro stocks are prob L2 shafts repainted. Does anyone have experience with the warrior blades? Im thinking of ordering a prostock blade to try it out but havent heard of anyone using them yet, couldnt find anything on search either.

I'll go ahead and say lets get a pool of unwanted blades and start trading when we get them... I'm going to order anywhere from 6-10 composite blades tomorrow... At least 5 of them will be different patterns.

I'll keep that in mind TBL, my shipping says arrival Friday but it's been in transit to Illinois for 2 days from Ontario. Don't know if there's a holdup.

Also in for a 70 flex AK27 nipple. Always wanted to try an Inno 360 and I love texture grips. I figure it won't be hard to unload any of these blades or the shaft if I don't like them.

I'll go ahead and say lets get a pool of unwanted blades and start trading when we get them... I'm going to order anywhere from 6-10 composite blades tomorrow... At least 5 of them will be different patterns.

What is that Afanasenkov curve like TBLfan? I saw that you were looking for some awhile back, but there were no pics. I am going to give HM a call tomorrow since I have not seen a shipping notice for my order from Thursday night so I may want to add some of those...

L-2 95 flex shaft and 4 x tapered wood mid/open blades ordered now .... aaaarrrrgggghhhhh help .... stop me .... take my lap top away .... I am addicted to cheap stuff when I just don't need it!

I'm getting especially interested in the Brunette, Poapst, Brewer, Robitaille and Ott: they all sound like fairly traditional mid curves, relatively shallow (except the Robitaille) and either neutral or closed.

Anyone get a look at these yet? None of the pictures in old threads are working.

I'm down for the pool trading TBLfan as I will be placing my order tonight. Will get some woodies and composites as well. BTW right now let me state I loathe Hockey Monkey

Ordered some blades early this morning.

Warrior tapered:

2 Afanasenkov

Mission Tapered:

Rahkshani

Van Ryn

Pro 02-051

Pro 01-003

Mission Standard:

Lang

I rolled the dice here on some of these patterns but if I didn't someone else might and I might miss out on something.

For those of you looking for a left handed Drury. I went ahead and purchased the mission heatley prostocks (A 261 is what it reads on the blade)

I also purchased a synthesis drury for comparison. Ironically, the build quality of the mission I received were much better than the easton blades. An impecable finished compared to the inconsistent "dotted" surface of the synthesis blade.

In terms of the curves, the easton drury was a tiny bit taller in height. The heatley had a little bit more a rocker throughout the blade, but this is only noticeable if you are really looking for the difference. Upon looking at the curve from the bottoms of the blades, the Heatley had a smidge less curve and little less twist.

Weight wise, the synthesis was noticeably lighter.

Altogether, the heatley is very very similiar to the drury (I would justify them as clones).

Lester

i would say retail because he doesnt use mission to my knowledge, plus i remember seeing both a lidstrom and sakic blade in the rh column, and they did not indicate that they were retail (but it must be)

i would say retail because he doesnt use mission to my knowledge, plus i remember seeing both a lidstrom and sakic blade in the rh column, and they did not indicate that they were retail (but it must be)

neither does Parise.......