Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zaytser

Serious Synergy Problem!

Enough with the Easton bashing !! Ive sent in two synergies and have had no problems whatsoever with the warranty department. As for durability, IMO the synergy is the perfect balance between performance and durability.

I personally love the synthesis blades performance and feel. The 04 line of blades especially the iginla are made a little thicker and will hopefully add to its durability and prevent likeliness to go soft after a short amount of time.

I am just looking for people who have had been in the same situation, and if you have had the trouble I have had as well as the other guy I know then you wouldn't be so negative to me.

I stated that Easton has the best feel to there sticks and gloves. I am just looking for people who have experianced something similar to me, but apparently everyone assumes I hate everything to do with Easton.

I actually had a Mission M1 warranty replaced even without sending in part of the stick. The stick, which itself was a warranty replacement on an M1 with a poor fuse point connection, broke off pretty cleanly about 2 inches above the fuse point after 1 1/2 months of use and I had forgotten to put the blade portion into my bag when I went home. I called the warranty department and asked if not having the blade portion or the fact that it was a warranty replacement would be a problem. They told me that it probably wouldn't be and to send it in. They not only replaced the stick but sent it 2-day air.

Moral of the story, call and ask politely. It never hurts to ask questions. Oh, and one other thing, don't ask what are the tell-tale signs of tampering with equipment. My guess is most companies will take that to mean that you have tampered with it already and are looking to cover it up.

I was polite but that didn't seem to matter, the guy at Easton was still Sarcastic and just sort sluffed me off. Bottom line is that I am not going to send it to the east if I am not going to get back my shaft if I am denied.

We might as well take this thread off the board because everyone thinks I am just trying to pull a fast one on Easton. But for $350 dollars Canadian you would think I could get some decent customer service.

So Mods you might as well take off this thread. I have got any advice or similar experiances, except people accusing me of being impolite or bering a liar.

I would take what other people tell me with a grain of salt. How many people are going to admit that they tried to curve a blade and totally f'd it up? I would call Easton and request that they start the warranty process. While you have them on the phone, ask if you can have the stick returned to you if they will not replace it. I'm sure if you made arrangements with them ahead of time they wouldn't have a problem doing that for you. Hell, offer to pay for return shipping if need be. If you are nice and explain that you would like to at least have the shaft if you can't get it replaced I don't see why they wouldn't accommodate you. Asking them signs of tampering and bringing up other return horror stories just makes you sound guilty even if you aren't.

I am 22 going on 23 and have already given Easton my return number or whatever it is, but after what this guy has went through and the rude people I have had to put up with, I don't think I am going to bother. So this discussion is closed. Thanks for your time and comments.

Hey Bud, here's the deal. No one is doubting your legitimacy or whether you are telling the truth. However, I personally think it is incredibly silly not to at least try sending it in. I think you should go for it, you never know. It is easier to hate us, but it doesn't seem like you can legitimately hate us without at least even trying for a replacement. That's not fair. That's just my 2 cents. I won't dredge on this subject anymore.

I don't mean to affend u buddy but I think ur an idiot if ur not gonna try to send it back. All you keep saying is" I spent $350" so then why wouldn't you try to get th warrenty? If you didn't alter the stick ust send it in and get ur warrenty one i'm sure there will be no problem.

Ryan I can't beleive that you keep saying I hate Easton, I just said I hate the way they warranty sticks. I paid a lot of money for a stick and then if it breaks I have to send half way across the world to get a new one. There is something wrong with that. Consumers do not want to have to do shit like that, even if they love that product.

Finally I love easton products, there sticks and gloves have always been my personal choice as #1, so I don't hate Easton. I had three other synergies previously that lasted two years, and I sold them to some buddies because I felt they were passed their prime. the other broke after several months of use. The thing is that I always had the option, if needed, to get a replacement stick ( within the 30 dya warranty) at my local sports store. this is my beef.

I have accepted that it is my risk to take when I buy one of these sticks, that if it breaks it may be on the 31 first day voiding warranty but I shouldn't have to worry about having to send it across the country. I think it is a lot better the way it use to be done, but that is not for me to decide. I will not send my stick across Canada, when I don't know what will happen or if I will get the broken one back, so I will keep the shaft and use it, better than nothing. I can't wait a month or more for a new stick, I need to be on the ice weekly, so I'll just suck it up and move on.

This whoel thread was started for me to find other people who had the same experiance as the guy I play shinny with from time to time, not to cry and wine and piss everyone off. All I wanted was to here your story and what you guys went through.

First off - I hope you are aware that he's an Easton employee. Not sure if you were aware of that - that is why he's giving you that angle in his argument. Now, if you didn't come off as a prick, maybe Ryan or GURU could've made sure you got a replacement. You gotta think about these things...

My whole take on the replacement process is that it's a double-edged sword. As some of you guys know, I don't have an Easton account, and Easton pretty much is the only company who has the customer to call CS for their warranty. The customer then gets back a stick stamped "warranty replacement." In a way I like that, on a dealer standpoint. I wouldn't have to deal with calling for R/As and stuff. But having the customer dealing with CS and in cases like this, especially when they don't understand the process, it's natural for them to get frustrated and take it out on the poor CS rep.

However, it does suck when you can't issue one to them off the rack, because you gotta deal with "Well, you have the same stick on the rack, can I have one of those?" arguments.

First off - I hope you are aware that he's an Easton employee.

Maybe the Mods should add somethin under Ryan's SN like you guys did for Sande, Justin etc to clear things up. Frankly I didnt know in the beginning either.

Zaytser, you should quit being baby and at least try to send your stick in to easton. What do you got to lose other than a few dollars for shipping.

What I have to loose is that there is a chance that they may think it is tampered. It happened to guy I played shinny with and he didn't tamper with his so it could happen to me. I am not saying it will, but it could. So far the fellow that has all this trouble still hasn't gotten the broken stick back, (The shaft is still good) as Easton said they would.

So I am worried that will happen to me too. So what I have to loose is I send the stick in and they claim it has been tampered with and then they don't send back the shaft and I have just paid 350 bucks plus shipping costs, for nothing. That is all I am saying. Besides it is too late. As soon as this guy told me that he had all this trouble I cut the shaft in order to use it with a synthesis blade. That is why I do not know why everyone keeps saying that I should send the stick in, I already mentioned on page two this threaad that I was going to use the shaft and that was my final decision.

Remeber folks I just started the thread to see if anyone else went throught something similar, not to piss anyone off. I know Ryan is defending Easton and I respect that, but as a consumer I must give my point of view as well. I guess I should have titled the the thread. "Has This Ever Happened To You," instead of the one I decided to use.

Once again, I am not trying ruffle feathers, just asking for your stories.

Yes, I understand what you're trying to say...but you DID NOT allow Easton to even look at the stick. How can you blame them for something that they didn't even do?

You have no one but yourself to blame on this one.

I am not blaming Easton for anything. I mentioned the trouble that the guy I played shinny with, had with Easton and was worried about my situation. Then I asked if anyone else experianced this. I made my decision not to send my stick in incase I had the same trouble that this other fellow had.

So once again, I said that I new there is always a risk involved in buying a one piece stick, but I wish they would offer warranty at the store. Am I dissapointed? yes, but I still have the shaft/blade combo. like I said, all of my other Synergies were great, and I may or may not continue to use them, I just wanted to know if anyone else had this trouble yet know one seems to want to share there experiances with breakages and warranties, all they do is tell me it is my fault and that I should just send it in. As I stated earlier about two or three posts after I started the thread I said I would just use the stick as a shaft and that was that.

The only reason why I keep responding to this thread is try to set the record strait that I am not trying to piss anyone off or get something for nothing. I already posted this thread on Easton's board and so far the response has been good. They have all shared there experiances with breakages and warranty and even Guru asked if he could help the guy that has had all this trouble. There responses are nothing like the ones I am getting here, even though I started the threads the same way with the same title.

So if anyone else wants to post in this thread just please tell me your warranty experiances with any of the companies that make one piece stick, whether that experiance was good or bad because that is all I wanted to know at the begining of all this.

Never did I think you were trying to con them. I just felt that you shouldn't badmouth the CS department if you didn't even try them.

And as far as swapping sticks in the store, I think my post about how they handle their warranty sticks explained it.

Too many people have tried to rip off the manufacturers.

I had a similar situation to you...I bought a synergy, and used it like 4 times.... Doing one-timers, and suddenly the stick feels weak. I took off the tape, and there is a big crack going across the blade starting at the heel to the middle. I got home and broke the rest of it (not completly off, it was hanging) It is just unfortunate that you had to deal with someone sarcastic, it's not like that everywhere... The customer service I went through were pretty good. I got the number or whatever, wrote it down on the recept, cut the stick right in the middle so boxing it up wouldn't be so difficult, and sent it in. I think you should do the same. I worried about them saying it was tampered with naturally, because I didnt want my money to go to waste, especially after only using it 4 or 5 times. Shipping wasnt too much for me, especially because the stick doesn't weigh very much at all. I thought it sucked, because I had to pay that extra money, because of a manufacture defect, but I got a new one like a week later or so. I dunno, as long as you didn't tamper with the blade, I would trust the people who inspect the stick. It seems like they are being pretty liberal about sending out new sticks. Give it a try, you have nothing to loose