Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wicked 3 Pain

Send them in for warranty...We will replace them.

Justin, I did send them for warranty about 3 months ago and its happened again to the warrantied pair. I dont know why it happened i didnt even bake the boots? A few of my team mates have also had the same problem with the wicked 3s.

Send them in for warranty...We will replace them.

Justin, I did send them for warranty about 3 months ago and its happened again to the warrantied pair. I dont know why it happened i didnt even bake the boots? A few of my team mates have also had the same problem with the wicked 3s.

From what I see unfortunaely Mission Wicked's apart form the excessive stiffness issue also have quality issues. Even though Mission supports greatly our sport these kinds of problems make a regular jock like myself steer away from them. I think it's too bad. Guess I'm personally gonna stick with CCM's for my next pair of inlines. Good luck with the warranty...

The 3s creased on me in a couple of places, but to be honest, I felt it was a part of normal break in and once the creases formed, the boot felt a lot better. Just my personal preference I guess.

I did notice that along the top portion of the ankle and the top few eyelets, the boot became permanently discolored. They almost looked "wet". Kinda like when you've skated in them for a long time and have sweat through the boot. I don't think it did anything structurally, they just look funny.

Hi,

I need your help !! I'm from france and I want to get wicked 3 but I'm not sure on sizing.

I wear Tour code 1 but too stiff they injured my foot, they were too straight. I took 7.5 size.

What size should I take to be comfortable knowing that I used Proto VR size 9.

Many thanks for your help.

I also have a big crease and discoloration near my top laces on my Wicked 3's. My crease is midboot. My skates were punched but not baked.

I also have a big crease and discoloration near my top laces on my Wicked 3's. My crease is midboot. My skates were punched but not baked.

Saba,

Besides the crease and discoloration how are your skates doing overall. Knowing what you know now would you purchase them again? Still trying to decide between the wicked 3's and 2008 liet.'s. thanks.

With the ankle pain and break in time I have had with both the W1 and W3 if Justin and his former company have worked that out I would go with the 08 line personally. The Wicked skate is a great skate just the pain really affected my play and never have I had a "great foot day" in my Wicked. Please keep in mind that I am talking multiple hours on multiple days in a week

With the ankle pain and break in time I have had with both the W1 and W3 if Justin and his former company have worked that out I would go with the 08 line personally. The Wicked skate is a great skate just the pain really affected my play and never have I had a "great foot day" in my Wicked. Please keep in mind that I am talking multiple hours on multiple days in a week

thanks.

Does anybody know if the wicked 5s are stiffer then last years 7500s and also does anyone know if they are lighter, and if so by how much?

as stiff or stiffer, (the 7500s were horrendous).

The new 2008 Mission Syndicate line up will be better then the Wicked line up. I tried on the Boss skate, top end model, and it felt really good. Very nice looking skate in my opinion.

i love my Wicked 5's. as a 200 pounder they're stiff enough for me and i have yet to have one day of foot pain or any blisters.

i had SO Much foot pain at first... but now its gone and i love these skates.

im gonna buy the new top end skate and use these boots to try new chassis on ( sprung, hummer maybe ) and use the chassis on a pair of easton ultra lite boots i have.. so im pretty stoked.

i love my Wicked 5's. as a 200 pounder they're stiff enough for me and i have yet to have one day of foot pain or any blisters.

I weight approx. 230lbs-do you think I could use a wicked 7 or would I be better off getting the wicked 5. thanks.

I weight approx. 230lbs-do you think I could use a wicked 7 or would I be better off getting the wicked 5. thanks.

go with 5's. i have a feeling the 7's would just end up being to squishy. i've been playing outdoor 2x a week for the last month or so on them and they're still super supportive and still no foot pain at all!

I would go with the Wicked 5 if you are choosing between the two. At 230 LBS you will want the stiffness the 5 will give you versus the 7. I have had very minimal comfort and durability issues with the Wicked 5 and it has been the most popular from the Wicked line. A nice medium of comfort, stiffness and performance.

I weigh 140 pounds should I just go with something less stiff? I've played ice continually since I was a kid and the stiff boots don't really bother me (man up the pain!) but the Mission break in is a little insane.

The hot/wet sock thing for helping the break in .... how wet are we talking? Soaking or merely slightly moist?!?!? (sorry that sentance sounds like a gag from a "Carry On" film)

i would say get off mission all together but this new boss series is a step in the right direction for them. mission puts a brand new line every year which always ends up being hyped up to be way better than it actually turned out. the concepts are all well and good but they way they apply them is rediculous. hopefully this new line will prove to be a little more substance than their previous efforts.