Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wicked 3 Pain

I would like to thank Justin and customer service at Mission hockey for standing behind their product and replacing some defective skates. There has been alot or complaints against some of these companies on this site. I would just like to publicly proclaim that I am very glad Justin and Mike from RinkRat frequent these boards and represent themselves in such a positive fashion for their respective companies. Gentleman, despite bumps in the road I will continue to buy and recommend your products to anyone

ive found if i just dont make the top laces so tight, i get no pain. Even when its loose, my ankle stays locked into the back of the boot, but i can still flex forward... which is really nice. the more i play on these, the more i love them.

Have added Superfeet black to my skates really has helped make the boot more comfortable. Malleolus area really could have used some padding straight from the company but these help . Was on the verge of "no joy" but was able to get through 2 1/2 hours w/o significant pain or numbness

i have had the 3's since october, i play in the ncrha, so i've had many games and practices in these, while they are getting better, they are still very uncomfortable on that little bone just in front of the ankle, i've tried baking, boot streching, and punching out the area, still no luck... is there a chance that maybe mine are defective? I think i've taken the pain long enough. also another kid on my team got the skates about the same time I did however his problem was solved by wearing two pairs of socks, didnt work out for me though.

After using them a few times I went without the nylon on the left foot... ironmaned a game Wednesday and got a fat blister on inside of my left foot.

I think I might get it punched out a little but the skates feel great besides that.

wicked 1's here...i'm in Hong Kong so I had to get my skates online. sizing isn't really a problem. We don't have a LHS here, so I had to use a blow dryer in place of baking. Done that 3 times. It's gotten better but i'm still gettin blisters on the inner foot, in front of the ankle bones. As I've said, no LHS here, is there something I can do in place of punching?

Thnx

I would place some padding (ie cut up mouse pad) where you are blistering, wear some hot/warm wet thick socks on your foot, and wear the skates around the house for half an hour or so. That should help a little.

wicked 1's here...i'm in Hong Kong so I had to get my skates online. sizing isn't really a problem. We don't have a LHS here, so I had to use a blow dryer in place of baking. Done that 3 times. It's gotten better but i'm still gettin blisters on the inner foot, in front of the ankle bones. As I've said, no LHS here, is there something I can do in place of punching?

Thnx

Where do you play? I often visit relatives in HK, and it would be pretty cool to play over there.

I would place some padding (ie cut up mouse pad) where you are blistering, wear some hot/warm wet thick socks on your foot, and wear the skates around the house for half an hour or so. That should help a little.

You can also use mole skin, I'm pretty sure they are MEANT for blisters, but the mouse pad is a good, cheap idea if you have some unused ones laying around.

thnx for the suggestions guys. I'd try it out.

OhMy- There's a YMCA in Jordan on the Kowloon side, you can come drop in for league games. Teams are usually willing to open a spot up for new comers. hehe.

ive found if i just dont make the top laces so tight, i get no pain. Even when its loose, my ankle stays locked into the back of the boot, but i can still flex forward... which is really nice. the more i play on these, the more i love them.

How are your three's working out for you? Still trying to decide between the 3's and possibly the mission 2008 model. I am skating on the quatro's 9500 now I like them...

How are your three's working out for you? Still trying to decide between the 3's and possibly the mission 2008 model. I am skating on the quatro's 9500 now I like them...

other than my fucked up bone that sticks out, the skates are great.they perform great, the ankles feel great once broken in, the stock wheels that came on them are great. took a bit to get used to the more forward pitch but when i did it was night and day. id say go for them. its an awesome skate, just takes a bit of work. VERY light and responsive. i also suggest superfeet.

other than my fucked up bone that sticks out, the skates are great.they perform great, the ankles feel great once broken in, the stock wheels that came on them are great. took a bit to get used to the more forward pitch but when i did it was night and day. id say go for them. its an awesome skate, just takes a bit of work. VERY light and responsive. i also suggest superfeet.

I really like the skate as well, break in wasn't as bad for me, maybe 4 or 5 skates before I felt really comfortable, but I think I have pretty normal shaped feet. Only real complaint I have is that the bearings aren't that great, I have one that is basically completely seized up (found some strange green string sticking out of it?) and another that is going as well. Since they are microbearings they are really tough to buy around here as well so it's a bit of a pain.

thanks man. hope you get that ankle bone thing figured out..

I really like the skate as well, break in wasn't as bad for me, maybe 4 or 5 skates before I felt really comfortable, but I think I have pretty normal shaped feet. Only real complaint I have is that the bearings aren't that great, I have one that is basically completely seized up (found some strange green string sticking out of it?) and another that is going as well. Since they are microbearings they are really tough to buy around here as well so it's a bit of a pain.

sorry if I missed it in the prior posts but did you have to get your skates baked and punched?

i baked them twice.

I also used a hot wet sock in my skate and wore them around the house for a while, gets them loosened up. besides that, i just played a lot. i play on 3 team so im on the floor fairly often. Also, right after i got them ( big mistake ) i played in a 3on3 tournament. 7 games 3 days. it was nuts, and my feet were NOT happy about it. but.. they were broken in completely after that. haha.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a stiff skate, yet still be comfortable....oh wait, thats the Code 1. But seriously, when I had Missions, I used to sleep with them on to help break them in. Anyone else do this?

Did anyone else have any problems with big creases or dents appearing on the sides of the boots? I have two big creases down the side of each boot which harms the stiffness of the boot :(

i dont have huge creases, i have 2 small ones on the very bottom that runs from the bottom stripey thing to the sole. never noticed a difference so i dont really care.

Did anyone else have any problems with big creases or dents appearing on the sides of the boots? I have two big creases down the side of each boot which harms the stiffness of the boot :(

I have them but I'm not too concerned yet.

i have this big crease on my left boot after only 2 months of use and i only play if im lucky 2 times a week?? i really dont think this should be happening but then again mission seems to have some kinda problem with there skates year after year!!