Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

What kind of shot is the most effective for you?

What kind of shot is the most effective for you?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It really depends on the situation. I score the most on wristers or backhanders as you can often find me in the slot.

My low slapper from a wide angle creates good rebounds.

My snapshot is good for warming up the goalie. Can't seem to get it off during a game.

Depends on what position I happen to be playing and what I'm trying to do. When I play D, I tend to use my slapper a lot. I don;t use it to score, rather to overpower the goalie and force a rebound. If I'm actually trying to put it in the net, snappers from anywhere inside the top of the circle is the choice.

How can you NOT use a wrist shot or snap shot?! If you are anywhere near the crease, low slot, circles, etc they are the best to use. Slappers are good if you have ALOT of time to get a shot off, like on a PP from the points. If you don't have the time all that the big wind up for the slap shot will do is 1) let the goalie set up for your shot 2) let the defense close in to block it 3) let someone steal the puck.

Curve type can effectively take out a shot. I've used wedges since I started using curved blades so I've stuck with snapshots.

Like Chadd said.. It depends on where I am. I rarely get to use my snapshot anymore because I play d. When I played wing, I was constantly going after rebounds and getting snapshots. The only time I would use a slapshot then, would be when I was dumping. I still use a wristshot every now and then when I have an open lane from a good position.

I can't even remember the last time I took a wrist shot. I think I was 10.

Same here.

Dont really see the need for wrist shots -- except in certain situations-- ex. Kaberle's first goal last saturday night -- on a delayed shot -- skating away from his body. Other then that a quick snapshot to me is superior in everyway.

a snap shot is good if you happen to be in good position already. if you're trying to cut to the middle to get in good position while dragging the puck, why would you do anything but wrist it & get it off quick?

You know those times your on the point and theres a guy putting pressure on you fast but youve got the puck. You know that there is a good screen with guys in front but you cant wind up, that is when I use a good hard *low* rist shot.

Like the other guys, it depends where I am ( I play D). For example, I let a slapshot go to create scrambles in front of the net, but that is only when I have time to wind up and shoot. My wrist shot is for when I'm at the top of the circles or so and I don't have a lot of time to get my shot off, so I shoot hard and low. And, finally, my snapper is for anything in tight.

I voted for the wrister, I have a (relatively) quick release, and I have better accuracy and less "flutter" on my shot than my snap shot does.

Snap shot definitely. Aside from when I am playing point, then my slapshot works very well. Wrist shots take too long when down low, and aren't as powerful as slappers from the point.

As much as I'd take slappers/one-timers I don't seem to take them as much in the adult leagues now. Now on a one-timer I'll just do a half wind-up at most. The only ones I seem to take now are on my brother's team's goalie for drills.

I sucked with my snappers big time until I started to get the hang of them a couple of weeks ago. I can see why everybody loves the snappers so much but up until then I was using wristers almost always.

Snap Shot. It comes off wayy faster than a wrister and I am more accurate and have much more power with it

A snap shot is essentially a wrist shot with no windup, how in the hell you get more velocity on your snap shot than your wrister?

When im playing D a slap shot is usually what I go with. I'll only take them if I know I can score. Other then that I either prefer to wrist it in for the rebound or fake the slap shot for a pass.

When im on wing I should really shoot more but I usually deek to the back hand. Ive found lately though that some goalies really don't expect slap shots on breakaways and its pretty effective.

"a slapshot on a penalty shot? shame to frank mahovolich"

any budy who winds up for a clapper on a breakaway is a pure plug, and reminds me not only of gunner stall, but robert reichel

Snap Shot. It comes off wayy faster than a wrister and I am more accurate and have much more power with it

A snap shot is essentially a wrist shot with no windup, how in the hell you get more velocity on your snap shot than your wrister?

because I have terrible form with my wrister

because I have terrible form with my wrister

If I remember correctly, when I was learning proper technique and how to play hockey - they taught you to point toe of stick to where you wanted puck to go and that your back foot would be up in the air behind you so you could transfer weight correctly. Nowdays it seems like people just kind of wing the puck out there by putting all their weight to one side and leaning on their stick that way, with their leg sticking out to the side. Like a dog pee'ing. Thats what I always say anyways, "there goes another dog taking a piss". Almost all kids nowdays take that kind of shot and even alot of adults. So this new type of "lazy" shot must have developed some time ago.

For me, the snapshot is king. I use heel wedges with square toes and my office is the edge of the blue paint. My wrist shot is very average and I've never taken a slapshot during a game. Ever.

You need strong wrists and forearms to be consistently effective with the snapshot. Did I mention that I just built my entire workshop using no power tools? My forearms are a few workouts away from going "Popeye" on me. The downside is the tendonitis. :(