Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

good god that is one beautiful car. just wondering if you've driven evo x yet, its an absolute monster but I've not driven 8 or 9 so...

I'm really not a tint fan, if any, it will be really light. my rear seats are already kinda fading at the top so maybe i should've gotten some tint, oh well.

good god that is one beautiful car. just wondering if you've driven evo x yet, its an absolute monster but I've not driven 8 or 9 so...

Haven't had the opportunity yet, but i hear its slower than a 8 and 9's but still an awesome car overall

I'm really not a tint fan, if any, it will be really light. my rear seats are already kinda fading at the top so maybe i should've gotten some tint, oh well.

Haven't had the opportunity yet, but i hear its slower than a 8 and 9's but still an awesome car overall

Slower in a straight line.....yes. But all of the reports are showing that with the new and improved torque split electronics and other "traction gadgetry" in the car that it consistently laps faster at just about any raceway or autocross faster than its predecessors.

They have plastic arms on the pedals and many people are having problems with the gas pedals snapping off. WTF? Plastic for the gas pedal?

Pics of proof

pedal1.JPG

pedal2.JPG

pedal4.JPG

How much force are you putting on the gas pedal to snap that off?

you'd think the clutch or brake pedal would be the one to snap off because of the force you have to use to engage the clutch or stop the car.... but I think it's only the gas pedal that uses the plastic arm.

It's happening frequently so I don't think it's just a few people stomping hard on the gas pedal. It's a bad design choice

Edited by dangle

Gotta love the 2 wheeled toys. I appreciate mine not as often as they deserve though.....too damn hotttt here in Louisiana. B)

As always....keep the rubber side down.

Just finally joined the 21st century and got a car with a remote. Is there a way I can make copies of the lock/unlock remote without letting a dealership poke me in the backside?

Edited by TheBert

ive got a bauer 8000 with oakley 2.0 visor (tinted), that'll work right? :P Seriously though, ive got a VEGA half helmet, and will be getting a full face helmet in the next couple weeks. My lil bro is getting a bike next month (i think a ninja) so it should be a fun summer. Also Ive been trying to sign up for a Motorcycle Safety Foundation course and those book up super quick! Theres 3 places that offer it around me but some places are booked til august!

Edited by Race4LastPlace

Just finally joined the 21st century and got a car with a remote. Is there a way I can make copies of the lock/unlock remote without letting a dealership poke me in the backside?

You can often find the remotes on ebay and there should be instructions on the internet somewhere. Usually it's something like turning the key in the ignition a couple times, dancing around the car under a full moon and sacrificing a chicken.

You can often find the remotes on ebay and there should be instructions on the internet somewhere. Usually it's something like turning the key in the ignition a couple times, dancing around the car under a full moon and sacrificing a chicken.

Depends on the car. If it has anything special like an immobilizer or factory security, dealer may be only option. My car's fob broke and fell in the snow somewhere and I've just been using the key ever since (remotes are $10 on eBay, $100 to program at the stealer).

Picked this up friday night.

mazda3-1.jpg

2008 Mazda 3 S 5 door 5 Speed.

I was going to post a pic of my old car for comparison, but it's kind of an embarrassment: 1992 Mitsubishi Diamante. Talk about an upgrade.

and, Re: the keyfobs: How about $160 all told to have a key cut/programmed. that's what you get with the ford Keys that have a chip in them. And that one doesn't even have the keyless entry built in.

Edited by DamnLocust

and, Re: the keyfobs: How about $160 all told to have a key cut/programmed. that's what you get with the ford Keys that have a chip in them. And that one doesn't even have the keyless entry built in.

Shop around on that one... I had one ford dealer in the northern twin cities quote me $160 and another ford dealer in the south metro did it for around $60

Shop around on that one... I had one ford dealer in the northern twin cities quote me $160 and another ford dealer in the south metro did it for around $60

Don't buy a Volvo. I think mine are $250 a piece, good thing the car came with 3.

Update: I found the car equivalent of ModSquad for Toyotas and found keyfob and transponder key programming instructions.

One key: $40

One fob: $30

Programming: Free.

I just managed to avoid a nice hit to the credit card.