Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueliner27

Going Out for the First DATE Ever!

Dave and Busters has always pissed me off since the first time I went there simply because I was mis-led. I had no clue that you needed $40 to satisfy each person. Going there thinking its only a sit down resturaunt with the whole family was a bad idea.

You're right. The prices can get a bit out-there; especially once you get to the games.

I usually end-up dropping about $120-150 (all-told) each time that she and I go (at 18, we're a little young for the whole "family" thing, so it's just her and I). It's expensive, but it is a fun atmosphere and the food isn't bad, either. Obviously, it isn't a place that she and I go on a weekly basis, but it's a fun place to go once every month or two. I'd rather drop $150 at Dave and Buster's than at Salvatore's (http://www.salvatores.net/italian_gardens/index3.html).

You're right. The prices can get a bit out-there; especially once you get to the games.

I usually end-up dropping about $120-150 (all-told) each time that she and I go (at 18, we're a little young for the whole "family" thing, so it's just her and I). It's expensive, but it is a fun atmosphere and the food isn't bad, either. Obviously, it isn't a place that she and I go on a weekly basis, but it's a fun place to go once every month or two. I'd rather drop $150 at Dave and Buster's than at Salvatore's (http://www.salvatores.net/italian_gardens/index3.html).

I will admit they treat you like a king, and the one I went to in Cincinati had the whole red carpet thing goin. But they also have their cheap side that reminded me of Chucke Cheese. When you need 800 tickets to get a whistle. ;)

I have a some un-Godly ridiculous number of points on my card that I have yet to redeem, and I do not see myself doing so at any point in the near future. Hell, if I hold-out a little longer, I might be able to buy the place - not just all the prizes, but the actual restaurant itself.

I bet you at-least got nookie that night.

I remember when my girlfriend (she's a swimmer - pretty competitve, also) and I went to Dave and Buster's for the first time - I absolutely crushed her in every head-to-head game we played (yeah, I'm petty) and we ended up not speaking to each other the whole ride home. We've both gotten better with that kind of thing, though - and by that I mean that she has gotten more tolerant.

Edit: When you think Dave and Buster's, think adult (but not THAT adult) Chuck E. Cheese's. http://www.daveandbusters.com/

Yeah, but only because we played one-on-one Edward Fortyhands later on. Sad thing is she beat me on the seventh game, which was air hockey. To this day she at least still says I let her win but won't believe otherwise, even after I tell her.

Sad thing is she beat me on the seventh game, which was air hockey.

You have to claim that the only reason you lost that game was because your best defenseman came down with a nasty staph infection...that's what the people around here do.

is dave and busters like jillians or ghatti town? we dont have one around here

I've only been to one Dave & Busters and it's very similar to Jillian's, although Jillian's generally have had more pool tables and sometimes bowling. Perhaps some of the other Dave & Busters have bowling.

Yeah, Jillians is the place in Nashville. Could have a better selection of arcade games though as most were the driving/racing/biking games and those are tedious after a while. Who do I have to kill to get the old QB game where you threw balls into the slots?

Perhaps some of the other Dave & Busters have bowling.

The Dave and Buster's in "Buffalo" (it's actually in Clarence, I believe) has bowling, and four or five pool tables, as well. My girlfriend has a table at her house that we use quite a bit, and we're both awful bowlers, so we tend to stay away from that side of the restaurant/game room.

If you really want dating help look up Tucker MAx. His book is a guide for how to or how not to act, depending on your situation.

haha Tucker Max is the man. Alternatively look on his site and see how things should not be done.

Do you guys have Gameworks?

I used to get tore up there all the time in Miami - there's one about 5 min from my apartment here in MI.

Nope, Jillians was the only place other than random pool hall/arcade combos that weren't any kind of franchise. Jillians was a bit much though because they also had a Shogun-like restaurant in it as well as a "night club."

After checking his (Tucker Max's) site, I can tell you that is some of the funniest stuff I have ever read. He's a terrible person who will probably never be truely happy in life, but that doesn't make him not hillarious.

Wow that guy sounds like the biggest nerd.

I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with more women than is safe or reasonable, and just generally act like a raging dickhead.

Ye, easy there buddy. Seems to me like this guy is making up all his stories. He could never get shit so he writes about it.

You can never underestimate the amount of loose/dim/"celebrity"-loving women out there. I'm sure Kosy and Eazy aren't shy about dropping that they're mods* here. This place is WD-40 to a woman's legs.

Yeah but hes no celebrity like you mods lol

yes but how does he remember these stories if hes

excessively drunk
. and especially at 11:15 or 12:05. What does he bring a notepad to the bar?

I can't speak for everyone but when you go drunk it doesn't mean that you lose memory for all of those events. Unless you black-out aka "time travel" or something like that, then you're just not going to want to remember what happened. I'm sure there are many exaggerations he makes but I'd say there's more truth than BS on those, for better or worse.

I can't speak for everyone but when you go drunk it doesn't mean that you lose memory for all of those events. Unless you black-out aka "time travel" or something like that, then you're just not going to want to remember what happened. I'm sure there are many exaggerations he makes but I'd say there's more truth than BS on those, for better or worse.

Agreed. I am one of the lucky ones that remembers EVERYTHING and can control what I am doing for the most part.

I was every girls nightmare :P Now dont twist that comment!

Do you guys have Gameworks? 

I used to get tore up there all the time in Miami - there's one about 5 min from my apartment here in MI.

Nope, Jillians was the only place other than random pool hall/arcade combos that weren't any kind of franchise. Jillians was a bit much though because they also had a Shogun-like restaurant in it as well as a "night club."

Yeah, we had a Jillian's in Miami as well.

You can never underestimate the amount of loose/dim/"celebrity"-loving women out there. I'm sure Kosy and Eazy aren't shy about dropping that they're mods* here. This place is WD-40 to a woman's legs.

The asterisk makes them want it that much more. It's like they see the power of a mod, but know I'm still a "man of the people" with the *.

I can't speak for everyone but when you go drunk it doesn't mean that you lose memory for all of those events.  Unless you black-out aka "time travel" or something like that, then you're just not going to want to remember what happened.  I'm sure there are many exaggerations he makes but I'd say there's more truth than BS on those, for better or worse.

Agreed. I am one of the lucky ones that remembers EVERYTHING and can control what I am doing for the most part.

I was every girls nightmare :P Now dont twist that comment!

I remember everything too, unless its a black out, then my designated blackout buddy fills in the details... in control of everything? thats a highly different story.