Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

Looks Like NBH will be pissed

Solid blades, hate the way they torque. Used to use an 1100 0 shape back in the day, then used an 1100 Wallin that I unloaded to Kosydar a few years back.

JR,

Excuse my ignorance. What do you mean by torque when you refer to it on the stick? Vibration? Very curious. What do you use now as your prefered stick or combo?

Solid blades, hate the way they torque.  Used to use an 1100 0 shape back in the day, then used an 1100 Wallin that I unloaded to Kosydar a few years back.

JR,

Excuse my ignorance. What do you mean by torque when you refer to it on the stick? Vibration? Very curious. What do you use now as your prefered stick or combo?

twisting of the shaft.

I bet bauer is more pissed about Marty St Louis. One of their poster boys not only stopped using his XXXlite and went back to his synergy but now it's not even painted over so you can clearly see their posterboy using an Easton stick.

Solid blades, hate the way they torque.  Used to use an 1100 0 shape back in the day, then used an 1100 Wallin that I unloaded to Kosydar a few years back.

JR,

Mission Flyweight with either a VDS composite blade or TPS wood blade.

That's what I don't understand. When innovative came out, you couldn't give them away. Now Warrior puts some paint on them and everyone says it's the 2nd coming...

It's still an Innovative stick.

Warrior is available in more stores than the Innovative product was due to the purchase by New Balance. Here in Vancouver, Innovative product was hard to find and based on rumors, their customer service wasn't the greatest. Now you can find Warrior in many Lower Mainland stores.

JR,

Mission Flyweight with either a VDS composite blade or TPS wood blade.

Side question: Has anyone heard anything new about the potential L-2ish VDS blades coming out?

Sorry I didn't mean to switch the topic but quick question.

I see the dolomite is told better than XXX lite. What about one90? How is both comparable?

How long has the One90 been out? Not long enough to get a good idea of it, so I encourage you to be the guinea pig and get one to review for everyone here.

Sorry I didn't mean to switch the topic but quick question.

I see the dolomite is told better than XXX lite. What about one90? How is both comparable?

How long has the One90 been out? Not long enough to get a good idea of it, so I encourage you to be the guinea pig and get one to review for everyone here.

I'm gonna be on that soon, buying a One90 in a few days. If I end up with said One90, maybe I should make my own thread for impressions and such (much like BadKitty's T'blade journal); or maybe I can confine it to the One90 stick thread.

Back on topic though, I don't see where all the fuss is concerning how pros change their sticks. I, for one, don't really care what the pros are using, barring the possibility that they are using that I (or the general public) haven't seen yet in stores. Malkin made the switch because it's normal to experiment and see what you like best, and not much else can be said on the subject... Really, it's no big deal.

JR,

twisting of the shaft.

I bet bauer is more pissed about Marty St Louis. One of their poster boys not only stopped using his XXXlite and went back to his synergy but now it's not even painted over so you can clearly see their posterboy using an Easton stick.

tblfan

Thanks for the clearing that up for me.

I'd definitely be on the One90 as well if that 122 flex was around. Regarding pros changing sticks, I love it for the fact that it means there will be more pro returns available of said player's stick.

chances are its not really a dolomite, im guessing its a Macdaddy painted.

I play with two Dustin brown pro stocks I got from the kings, they are defn Dolomites but they are way better than my NBH pro's (chris neil) Dolomite blades are like the old (92-94) Christian graphite blades, tons of feel and really stiff you don't get the floaters from shots off the toe of the stick.

chances are its not really a dolomite, im guessing its a Macdaddy painted.

I play with two Dustin brown pro stocks I got from the kings, they are defn Dolomites but they are way better than my NBH pro's (chris neil) Dolomite blades are like the old (92-94) Christian graphite blades, tons of feel and really stiff you don't get the floaters from shots off the toe of the stick.

again, why would he do that. I could see if he painted it to be a vxxx lite if he is sponsered but why paint a dolomite to a mac daddy?

Promotion, plain and simple. Something new comes out (like the Si-Core) and the easiest way to promote it is to get everyone "using" it. Paint them up like a different stick and people will presumably want to get it.

They introduce a new stick because it will sell more than the current model would over x months/years. If Joe NHLer doesn't change his stick with the retail line, why should Joe Consumer? Having/Creating the impression of NHLers using the newest, and best according to advertising, stick just helps the process along and avoids questioning of the product at the level of the intended.

Pro stock only. SMU usually refers to a special make up for retail sale through a specific chain or selling group.

They will be coming to retail eventually, not sure when. You can pick them up with "bauer" on the cuff right now though.

malkin might not get in trouble for using a dolomite because there are alot of NBH endorsee's who arent using NBH sticks for example Jarome iginla, Mike Fisher and Martin St.louis are using eastons sticks and Michael peca, Marc Savard and Zdeno Chara are all using Warrior