Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Storm

The Wayne Gretzky of Israeli hockey.

I actually had the privilege of playing a game of shinny against him.

He is a pleasure to watch.

He is 14 now and resides in Montreal.

That would have been something if we hadn't already seen that about a jillion times. I am a little bit past 18 but I though that U18 teams were made up of kids that were 17 or so bot middle schoolers. By the reaction, you would have thought that they won the Isreali cup.

That would have been something if we hadn't already seen that about a jillion times. I am a little bit past 18 but I though that U18 teams were made up of kids that were 17 or so bot middle schoolers. By the reaction, you would have thought that they won the Isreali cup.

For the top countries, yeah, most of the rosters are full of 17-year-olds, with a few exceptional younger players. But these countries are in the "III" pool, the #35-40 countries in hockey. They're probably no better than a US or Canadian Bantam AAA team, maybe even AA. Still, to see a 12-year-old pull that off in a U18 International game, I'm not surprised at the reaction.

Check out this site... http://www.iihf.com/ Gives you a good idea of what's going on in hockey at the global levels.

agreed. I mean yeah, it's impressive but it's not shocking.

His mom is the best power skater in montreal, i had her all summer. Her son is an excellent skater, but hes 5'2 and the cockiest kid ever, anybody in their right mind could tune him big time

His mom is the best power skater in montreal, i had her all summer. Her son is an excellent skater, but hes 5'2 and the cockiest kid ever, anybody in their right mind could tune him big time

yeah, i mean he is good, but usually cocky kids do the michigan and stuff and think they are the greatest. the michigan was impressive the first 50 times i saw it. i mean if i can pull this move, its obviously not that impressive!

I think the main thing was that somebody did this at the age of 12 and it was in a world championships (much like what Forsberg did for Sweden) when it's never really been done before internationaly it's kinda risky I mean you don't wanna end up looking a fool.

He ripped that move off. Crimpin that guy from Michigan's style.

Huh? I don't get your point, but I suppose if I took it at face value...

I guess just like any d-man who rushes these days it would just be "crimpin that guy from Parry Sound" or anyone who uses a curve on their stick is just "ripping it off from that guy from Belleville"

Whew, you guys are a tough crowd.

I'm just more suprised he didn't end up in the hospital after that. :rolleyes:

Hmm dont see how pulling one move makes him great. I play in the UK and all the cocky kids try things like that so often some pull it off other just get a sticking from the goalie!!

oh ilie ilie! this little sherbatov bastard!! I know him since he is 7 year old, he was in the same class of my sister, same school as me. same association.

Atome he got like 130 points in 30 game

Peewee 56 points in 30 game

Bantam something like 40-50 in 30 games.

The older he get the shittest he is.. nothing to talk about..

Yea I don’t understand whats so amazing most people I know can pull it and we do it sometimes for fun just not in games. But it’s not amazing and it’s cocky to do in a game I think. The last time someone did it when I was playing he was slugged in the face right away by someone and he didn’t score.

o ya like team australia would bring the hurt, especially in IIHF

Dunno bout that man, you've heard about those kangaroos.

Dunno bout that man, you've heard about those kangaroos.

recently played in an inline tourney in Hong Kong and there were these australian kids doing at least once every two games. they're pretty good, i can do the move as well like 1 in 5 attempts, but i sure wouldnt do that in a tournament.

im actually thinking of the best way to stop those moves. can you just flat out slug em?

Obviously my earlier post was far too subtle for you guys because you completely missed the point. I have debated just letting this go by, but I have a burr up my butt over some of the posts in this thread and the crappy attitudes they display, so I will be less subtle this time around.

Who are you to stand in judgment of this kid? I do not know him, but I when I watched the video I thought how wonderful for him to be that skilled at 12 years of age and to have had the opportunity to skate (let alone contribute) at the world level. Yes, it was Team Israel not Team Canada, but to more than hold your own against 17 yr olds is an accomplishment in any country by my books.

So, I wonder, what is up with you guys that you have such an urgent need to tear it down? Is it jealousy? Immaturity? Typical Canadian need to pick things apart?

Gongshow11, what’s the point that a 12 year old kid isn’t big and strong? I don’t know how old you are, but my guess is when the kid hits puberty he’ll grow some.

CobrAA, your post reveals more about who you are than the negative things you were trying to say about this kid.

LCHockey, although I believe Alias has already addressed this point with you… when you can get to international competition at ANY age, let alone 12 yrs old, and with or without the move by the way… perhaps you’ll have some space to appreciate other people’s accomplishments.

Give yourselves a collective shake and step out of the narrow, small-minded and negative box you are standing in.

Metro, is this guy was coming to Bonaventure this summer? I don't remember him...

Hi Kovy,

No, 2 years ago. But I found the video a couple of days ago. I haven't seen him since.

I would like to publicly apologize to Eli.

Thanks for your interest Kovy.

HM; I would hate to think what this world would be like without moms.