Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirsch

College

Hi guys,

I'm going to be a Senior in HS so I am really hitting the college stuff hard. I have always been thinking about college but now it's put up or shut up. I have some colleges in mind but was wondering if you guys had any suggestions. I would prefer a private school on the East Coast but the Midwest is ok too (although I have lived here all of my life). I am looking for a double major in Political Science and Philosophy and then either a law degree in International Law or a doctorate in Political Theory (leaning toward the latter). Here is what I have in mind so far:

Boston University

Vassar

Georgetown (would love to go if I can get accepted :) )

George Washington University

William and Mary

Drake

Washington University (St. Louis)

University of Chicago

Michigan St. (I realize it is a public school)

Hopefully this thread can also help anyone else looking into colleges. Thanks for the help :)

G-town has a great poli-sci department. Only knock is you may have some guys hitting on you if you spend much time in Georgetown itself. Last time I was there, my wife and I were the only straight couple in many of the shops and restaurants. Normally I don't care but there were a number of rather impolite comments made.

Guest 2048

No more northwestern? I think I remember tufts having a good political science program, only school I can think of right now that's not on your list, but it's in the NE and is a good school, just keep in mind it's harder to get in regular decision b/c there's so many people who just missed getting into hahvahd early who apply there every year.

How does the Law program work in the states? I'm going into Political science here in Canada in the fall. We need to go through at least 3 years of the program of our choice (English and Poly Sci are suggested) then we can apply to transfer to a law school, but the majority of applicants already have their Degrees. Is it the same in the US?

I'm going to college to play hockey so I dont know much about degrees and stuff, but a buddy of mine is in georgetown, one of ur choices, and he loves it there.

I was at georgetown in february for a model UN conference. Great campus and the town is awesome. I was a little underage to fully utilize the hot spots however. :D

First and foremost go somewhere for the right course. One that is interesting enough and challenging to whatever degree you want.

Then factor in the extras. That really depends on what you want from your college in terms of campus/ city campus, accomodation.... soory if i'm stating the obvious, but it really is true.

I go to NU (Niagara University) which has big Poli-Sci and Phiolosophy programs. I even took some Political Science. It's a nice school and has good D1 and club hockey teams. The only drawback is very cold winters. Best part is for every guy theres about 10 hot chicks. Ok exageration but there are way more girls than guys, most hot.