Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OhMyGodImOnFire

goalie mask

I should have mentioned that I do own an NXI Phantom myself, and because of the replaceable foam, lightness, and remarkably high level of protection, it was the best non-custom mask I could afford.

I'd be really, really tempted by a custom Nemesis if and when I've got some money to burn. Steve Badger is absolutely among the top mask-makers around, and he's been doing it forever.

I just wished the shell was slightly larger. It squeezes my cheeks a bit because I need a large mask... What sucks is that I'm barely a large so most large masks fit a bit bigger than I'd like and all mediums fit a bit too tight.

Odd (and probably stupid) question, but how exactly do you guys pronounce "NXi"? I just had a question because the "I" wasn't capitalized like the "N" and "X" were. Do you say "Enn-Ex-Eye", or as I have been doing, "Nixi"?

Also semi-not-really-relevant, how do you pronounce "Jofa"? Is it "Joe-Fuh" or "Jah-Fuh"?

Buy a Warwick and put the stickers on it. Masked Marvel is (as vision said) a relatively new company. I'm sure they're very good, but having never touched one, I can't comment. Warwic have a stellar reputation for mask making that supercedes any existing certification process.

Bottom line: if you go with a reputable builder and have the mask properly fitted (ideally with a custom mold done in-person), it will protect you better than anything off-the-shelf, no matter how certified.

Put it this way -- if you want to actually protect your head, get a Warwick made to fit. If you want your parents to be able to collect insurance money when your 'certified' mask fails and your brain is reduced to violet jelly, go with whatever's pretty and cheap at the pro shop.

Can't do that for liability reasons. Its for NCAA play and I would be in big trouble if the goaltender ever got hurt.

Really? There are still plenty of Warwick's being used at the NCAA level not to mention one of the more popular masks in Div1 this year was built by Pro's Choice and it isn't certified, only uses a certified-style cage.

::m

forbs:

My mistake - I had thought the mask was for yourself, but your latest post seems to imply that you're procuring the mask for a goalie on behalf of an NCAA team (if I'm not mistaken).

I think your best bet would be to find the closest certified custom mask-maker to you, and send your goalies there in person.

I'll second Netminder...The Olie 2000 Mask is awesome.

I'm an equipment junkie and have two of these puppies...with the stock artwork...which I got amazingly inexpensive at an ebay store. The prices have gone up slightly, but I still think they are the best value for money.

I've gotten word that the Warwick masks are no longer certified, so I'm looking at Masked Marvel helmets. Has anyone used them?

Warwick masks are in the process of getting the HECC approval back.

Go with the NXI Phantom. Very reliable and durable. Lasts a long time and has a very good impact rating. when you get hit in the head with this mask, you can bearly tell. Seriously, get one.

hey all new to the boards here, I was on NXI's website and they claim to have HECC and CSA approval; Here's the linkNXI Warranty

I believe that they are approved BUT you have to pay to get the little sticker to make it official. It's a way for them to keep the cost down, I think for the little sticker it's like $20 or something outragious like that.

I believe that they are approved BUT you have to pay to get the little sticker to make it official. It's a way for them to keep the cost down, I think for the little sticker it's like $20 or something outragious like that.

Totally inaccurate information. If the manufacturer has received and currently holds certification from either HECC or CSA, then the appropriate sticker will be affixed to the mask. There is no fee to get the sticker applied although, all things being equal, you will pay more for a certified mask just because of the cost of the certification process.

::m

I suggest the NXI phantom. Can't go wrong with it. Very durable and lightweight.

heres my phantom with a custom paint job. It kinda got ripped off from a slapshot from the slot. lol.

GoalieHelment005.jpgGoalieHelment001.jpg

GoalieHelment002.jpg

I suggest the NXI phantom. Can't go wrong with it. Very durable and lightweight.

heres my phantom with a custom paint job. It kinda got ripped off from a slapshot from the slot. lol.

GoalieHelment005.jpgGoalieHelment001.jpg

GoalieHelment002.jpg

Awesome, awesome custom paint job, Goalieman!

Awesome, awesome custom paint job, Goalieman!

lol.. Again, My idea :P Man, I should really go into helmet painting design. Although, as my boss will attest, I can't paint for shit lol