Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nov101775

1850's stick sold at auction

I'd like to see it have a huge boomerang of a curve so I could say "Shove that up your ass Mikita!"

But still wow, I'm glad they're offering it to the HHOF

Imagine if the stick got snapped. How much that would suck!

It would be fine, it has a 155 year warranty. Just send it in and you get a new one.

If you ever saw my Spalding Lester Patrick 1930s OPS you would flip out. Its a OPS because it is all one piece of wood! I still have my 1970 Bauer 92 Supreme skates, all leather with tubular steel blades. Never throw away old equipment, someday you will wish you still had it!

If you ever saw my Spalding Lester Patrick 1930s OPS you would flip out. Its a OPS because it is all one piece of wood! I still have my 1970 Bauer 92 Supreme skates, all leather with tubular steel blades. Never throw away old equipment, someday you will wish you still had it!

Man, that's awesome. Do you have all of this stuff displayed?

if you can't get photobucket to work then you can send them to me I'll post them for you.

^^^ actually, I think they are weaker. If you notice the joint isn't normally where the stick breaks on a wood stick.

Why did the one piece wood stick not catch on? I figure it would be stronger than wood sticks that are mended together at the blade and shaft, but obviously I am wrong as that is how they are done today

My friend made a stick one piece once and the wood grain on the blade was vertical not horizonal as on normal blades, so basically it snapped straight away on the blade.