Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jbone

Song Help

On XM's Deep Tracks, I heard either an acoustic or a horns version -- not sure what I'd call it -- of Blues Traveler's Run-Around. I noticed they've put out an album called Cover Yourself. Has anybody heard the song from this album to confirm whether it has the horns version?

Yep, it's on there. Track #8 is a remix, for lack of a better word, of Runaround featuring a ska-like horn part. http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:09fpxzthld0e has a preview.

Got one of my own. It's a punk/alternative kinda tune with a male singer who kind of yelps "sound the alarms" right before the chorus I believe. I tried Google and YouTube but there are way too many bands, songs, and lyrics of that nature. Any help is appreciated.

I always hear this song on my Rock station around pittsburgh. the guy singing sounds sort of like sugar ray but its not him. the only lyrics i can remember are "when i wake up in the morning". it has a real 90s alt rock sound to it.

I always hear this song on my Rock station around pittsburgh. the guy singing sounds sort of like sugar ray but its not him. the only lyrics i can remember are "when i wake up in the morning". it has a real 90s alt rock sound to it.

Sugar Ray has a song with the lyrics, "Every morning there's a halo hanging from my girlfriend's four post bed."

Sugar Ray has a song with the lyrics, "Every morning there's a halo hanging from my girlfriend's four post bed."

Start at about 1:40

Start at about 1:40

(Funny Guitar guy)

With all the bad and incoherent music out there, that guy has material to last FOREVER! Funny act.

Is that the Pachelbel Rant guy?

I just watched that rant...now it's stuck in my head too...but "Hook" by Blues Traveller is so damn good...might have to youtube that later today!

Just for the record, some of those songs actually have different progressions and a number are transposed from a different key. Doesn't make it any less funny though.

If you liked that, watch this too... more or less the same thing, but pretty funny. Possibly NSFW lyrics, can't remember.

Couple NSFW spots, one early and one late. I've seen that a bunch of times, still funny

As I mentioned earlier, and should have included in my quote, It Sounds like Shippin up to Boston, but it's not..it's more of a pan flute instead of accordion. Kind of like an Irish Jig, but it's not the one they used to play for Shanny.

If anyone happened to have DVR'd the VAN/ANA Game (09/25/10), it was played early in the 3rd period

that's what I thought too..but I can't find anything in their library that sounds similar. It starts off with two lower toned notes, then the flute answers with a bit of a Jig feel to it, then the lower notes again, and then the flute takes over till the end of the snippet. It kinda sounds like a theme song from a show or movie I've heard before, but I can't place it.

The Flute part as this sound and feel to it

It's none of those songs (at least the ones I could play) I'm D/L some Boondocks now, hopefully that'll be a hit

Edit: No Dice

I was listening to LP Rock Radio on windows media player at work, heard a catchy song but cannot find it. The chorus ended with "im still trying and youre still here" and towards the end of the song, there was something about the last train home and disappearing (not lost prophets). The band sounded like they may have been English or Irish.