Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jbone

Song Help

Ok, I need some help now...I know the name of the song, but I can NOT find the version I want. I want the Trumpet version of Hava Nagila that they play at JLA with the little flare at the end. All I can find are like organ, and vocal versions. Anyone have it or know where I can get it?

Edit: Also the choir song they play in the Sidney Crosby Shootout commercial.

Edit: Also the choir song they play in the Sidney Crosby Shootout commercial.

O Fortuna. As for the other song, I don't know but maybe it'll be easier to find now that it's about to be Passover. Shalom.

ok this one is probably going to be tricky seeing as how i have very little info on it. basically i heard it in a movie (i think it was lock stock and two smoking barrels, but i'm really not sure) and then i just heard it again when i was watching the sharks vs dallas game tonight (the one that's currently in the third OT). It's basically like a hard rock version of an irish possibly drinking tune. its got the flutes (?) playing the almost piratey melody with hard distorted rock guitars in the background. The singing is kind of yelling.

You description sounds a little bit like Whisky In The Jar, originally by Thin Lizzy and then covered by Metallica.

Whiskey in the Jar is actually an old Irish folk song...Thin Lizzy and 'Tallica just rocked it up a bit.

Shipping up to Boston- Dropkick Murphys

movie was "The Departed"

yes thats it :) thanks, i knew it was in a movie i recently watched but and i totally forgot i watched that on the plane to europe.

You description sounds a little bit like Whisky In The Jar, originally by Thin Lizzy and then covered by Metallica.

Whiskey in the Jar is actually an old Irish folk song...Thin Lizzy and 'Tallica just rocked it up a bit.

I have every Thin Lizzy album, since I think they and Big Country are the two most underrated bands in rock history. I just figured that's one of the few times I could get away with less words, since he has said he thought it was a rock version of an Irish drinking song. :D

I've been cleaning up my hard drive and iTunes, since I originally would make a copy of a song and place it into a differently themed folder -- not realizing how to take advantage of genres, comments and playlists. I recovered about 5 gigs on my hard drive!

Anyway, I still need to do a bit of culling, but I currently have 203 Big Country songs and 139 Thin Lizzy / Phil Lynott songs.

Not bad for a couple of One-Hit Wonders, eh?

ok this one is probably going to be tricky seeing as how i have very little info on it. basically i heard it in a movie (i think it was lock stock and two smoking barrels, but i'm really not sure) and then i just heard it again when i was watching the sharks vs dallas game tonight (the one that's currently in the third OT). It's basically like a hard rock version of an irish possibly drinking tune. its got the flutes (?) playing the almost piratey melody with hard distorted rock guitars in the background. The singing is kind of yelling.

I think it's this song:I'm Shipping Up To Boston - Dropkick Murphys

Shipping up to Boston- Dropkick Murphys

movie was "The Departed"

yes thats it :) thanks, i knew it was in a movie i recently watched but and i totally forgot i watched that on the plane to europe.

Can anyone confirm/deny if "I Hear You Knocking" by Smiley Lewis is used in "Christine" as the car is being possessed.

It's been driving my GF (and by extention, ME) crazy!

If not...can anyoen recall a movie that features that song (or possibly the re-make by Dave Edmunds)

[EDIT]: n/m It's Little Richard..."You Keep On Knockin'"

"Right, people you have to tell me these things, okay? I've been frozen for thirty years, okay? Throw me a frickin' bone here! I'm the boss! Need the info....."

"Right, people you have to tell me these things, okay? I've been frozen for thirty years, okay? Throw me a frickin' bone here! I'm the boss! Need the info....."

wtf?

It's a line Dr. Evil used in the first Austin Powers movie, when he felt his cronies hadn't given him enough information.

Same thing with your song request. You've got to give us more info if you'd like us to help you. What style of music? Any lyrics? A particular beat?

As I said, "Throw us a frickin' bone here!"