Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
crazykeeper3317

Show off your gear

I actually had them modify my C/A. I didn't like how long the arms were on the shortest setting so they actually altered the cuff end of the arms to make them sit higher. The Bauer was just how I like it, so I wanted similar on the Passau.

Also note that they both look a bit short. They.. kind of are. The Bauer is missing the bottom velcro-attached belly pads as I didn't like the way they curled up when I was in my ready stance. I used the Bauer to measure how long to make the Passau, which also has some eyelets along the bottom to add additional length if I wanted to. I'd much prefer something I can add to to make it longer than something that is too long and I can't do anything about it.

The t-shirt I'm wearing in the picture also makes the chesty look quite short as well. The bottom of the chesty hits my thighs when I'm in my ready stance though so I like it just the way it is. My pants have pretty decent padding in the belly area too.

This pic was from before I adjusted the floaters, too. They're not sitting nearly as high as they appear in the photo anymore.

QjDao6o.jpg

3 years after I started my search and I landed on this. Can't wait to try it out and I am very much looking forward to no more wincing on high shots.

Khbca1k.jpg?1

• Like 2

My first set of goalie equipment:

Mask- Bauer Profile 940

CA- Warrior Ritual G2

Pants- CCM CL500

Catcher- CCM Retro Flex 400

Blocker- Reebok Premier X28

Legs- Reebok X Pulse Pro 30"

Skates- Koho 460

Stick- CCM 760

I'm gonna get my mask painted too. I'm thinking of doing it just like Fleury did in the Stadium Series game against Chicago. (huge Steelers fan and I also happen to wear 29 so it should look pretty good.

Edited by tedpenguins
  • Like 1

Sweet chesties guys, awesome score on that Brown. You'll be good on that thing for a nice long time.

Here are some shots of me in my new Warrior kit. These are custom pro G2s, ordered two years ago (received June 2014...don't ask) and I'm just breaking them in now (sat out for a bit focusing on my career and my riding). Also got a new Simmons C/A this past spring to replace my old Simmons.

2015-4_zpsjw478194.jpg

2015-3_zps9zqaoq2u.jpg

And updated shot of my lid (Itech 961 with Maltese gel kit):

20151230_060157_zps7aqmukds.jpg

Edited by Phantom
  • Like 1

After using Swagger LT (the silvery/blackish ones) for the last year or so after moving away from Twigz, I saw that Total Goalie came out with their own series of Swagger "Custom" Pro sticks, one of which was the red/white/black I'd been looking for. Decided to jump on it.

These things look great, are super light, and have some nice flex to them (just like the Swagger LT did). Can't wait to get this thing on the ice.

wREEXiol.jpg

Edited by OptimusReim

Yeah, we did a special run with Warrior. They're made in Finland, but we had an issue with them because they stamped Total Hockey on the shaft but didn't put stick spec on there. I believe my store shipped you that stick.

Yeah, we did a special run with Warrior. They're made in Finland, but we had an issue with them because they stamped Total Hockey on the shaft but didn't put stick spec on there. I believe my store shipped you that stick.

Yea there's some numbers like you see on pro sticks, but the retail specs (26 mid) was just a sticker on the shaft. Interesting. Is that why they were reduced?

I'll probably buy another if I like it, which I fully expect I will.

I actually didn't see any mention of TH anywhere on the shaft. Just this.

fHvzZwx.jpg

Also got it taped up. Figured I'd add some stripes to match :)

FYg6fI3.jpg

Edited by OptimusReim

The sticks are as pro as they get - instead of running them through Canada (where most of their customs are made), we wanted them to go through the Finnish factory. And since obviously they're not putting lie, paddle length and curve on a pro custom stick, they goofed and put Total Hockey on it because that was the "customer."

We sent them back to Warrior and they sanded off the Total Hockey off and put the sticker on, then sent it back to us.

Absolutely beautiful sticks.

The sticks are as pro as they get - instead of running them through Canada (where most of their customs are made), we wanted them to go through the Finnish factory. And since obviously they're not putting lie, paddle length and curve on a pro custom stick, they goofed and put Total Hockey on it because that was the "customer."

We sent them back to Warrior and they sanded off the Total Hockey off and put the sticker on, then sent it back to us.

Absolutely beautiful sticks.

Ah, that makes sense then. I agree, they came out really nice. I'm so excited for Sunday!

Damn Opti, that wins the thread! So nice, seriously great work!

Speaking of masks, I popped in our proshop inside our rink over the weekend before our game and saw that they had a used SportMask Riccochet. I haggled them on the price a bit and got it for a great price. It needs new straps and foam, and probably could use a paint job eventually. But it was a smoking deal so I didn't want to pass it up.

12573039_10154026310044258_7703932051949

12553006_10154026310064258_7864669684914

12592412_10154026353004258_7965246257238

• Like 2

I gave the SportMask Ricochet some love the other night....no not that kind of love. hehe. Used some automotive polish and wax, along with some elbow grease.

She cleaned up nicely! New foam and straps from SportMask are on the way. :)

12592487_10154032738349258_5872165188346

12654548_10154032738359258_7181029574727

Edited by beedee
  • Like 1

I gave the SportMask Ricochet some love the other night....no not that kind of love. hehe. Used some automotive polish and wax, along with some elbow grease.

She cleaned up nicely! New foam and straps from SportMask are on the way. :)

Looking good! You need to get that thing painted! ;)

New kneepads, purchased yesterday. Bauer Supremes. It was a choice between these and a pair of CCMs, but these ultimately fit better against my knee and thigh. Of course, there's never any certainty til you get them on ice, but after trying them on under pads and bouncing around HockeyMonkey's fitting area for a while, I think they'll do. They're definitely going to be better than nothing, and they have good reviews as far as I can tell.

350595_600.jpg

Next up is finding a slightly better chest protector. Everything else is okay, but I do get stung through mine (CCM 500L, intermediate) enough to make me reluctant to go to any skate C or better.

• Like 1

You will like these IF you wear volley ball knee pads under them, badger_14. This is from personal experience.

Edited by bunnyman666

Yea I found the Supremes to be uncomfortable too. The Brian's were okay and worked for like 6 months. Ultimately ended up in Passau and can't imagine using anything else now.