Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doctor Hook

What you do with your gear after a game

i play twice a week and after my games, i jest spray it with this spray that they sell at my lhs and it sits in the bag

stinky hockey gear? Put ie gloves etc...in a plastic bag and then leave them in the freezer overnight. The cold will kill the bacteria that's causing the stink!

^I wonder how many people will actually get that.

Jimmy, as far as leaving it in the car, don't they make a car adapter for the blower? If not, You could get a power inverter. Try to find one with an automated shut-off for low battery. If you have a long ride to/from the rink, you could probably get it done on the way home.

I do the same....shock docter (junior size) bag in the trunk. For short rides, just leave in the trunk and plug in the blower in the garage outlet. For longer rides, I use an inverter in the car. It's quite easy, then taking out of the car, inside, rack, etc.

I wash my socks, jock, jerseys, and shin liners for every icetime.

Would this be hard on the foam in your shinpad liners ?

So far, So good. The only issues I've had was with the stitching of the cup pocket coming loose from the jock (I use the itech yellow shorts) because I usually wash/dry it with the cup in there, and the extra weight pulls it apart. I also use these old school cooper elbow pads, and have never experienced any problems with the foam going thru the wash.

I take everything out of my hockey bag and air and sun dry them in the back garden portion of the house. If anything smells funny afterwards, then i spray with lysol.

I also wash my Nike Dri-Fits, hockey jocks, hockey socks, and Salming skating socks after every use.

I am so AR about my equipment. My dad built me a tree when i started hockey and i've used it ever since. Everything has a designated spot, i take the insoled out and soakers of my skates then leave them to dry. My shins get proped up against a table were i keep all my extra tape and accesories, and my pants go right beside the shins. I rotate my UA so it dries out nicely so my stuff gets washed every two weeks.

^I wonder how many people will actually get that.

Jimmy, as far as leaving it in the car, don't they make a car adapter for the blower? If not, You could get a power inverter. Try to find one with an automated shut-off for low battery. If you have a long ride to/from the rink, you could probably get it done on the way home.

That's the thing, I haven't found one with auto shut off. Most new cars that have invertors built in have that feature. The Wallmart-invertors do not. At 300 watts draw it wont take long for the battery to go dead. The quest continues...

I live in the attic

Hugo Simpson?

I wish! ..... I am STILL in the attic! Nah, it's a finished attic... actually wrapping up the rest of the carpet this week. But yeah, regardless.... hauling my bag up 2 flights is horrible, especially the flight with a nice 90 degree turn. So I invested in a Shock Doctor bag yesterday.

I just take the skates out of the bag and into the house,and let the rest of the equipment sits in the garage. I let the cold air kill most of the odors. Shin/shoulder pads go back on shelf along with helmet. Gloves go back into the box with breezers. I guess Im fairly unsophisticated eh?

I take all my stuff out of the bag. My helmet and pants hang on nails on the wall of my garage. My shoulders hang on a coat hanger from the a nail in the wall. shins/elbows/glovs all lay on the floor. Skates, depending on the weather, are either in the garage(warm out) or in the dining room(cold out) with soakers off and footbeds out. I wash all my underwear and socks/jersey after every skate. This applies to both my player and ref gear. One other thing I do is wipe out the inside of my helmet while getting undressed after my games. I don't know if this does any good but it makes me feel better.

I play with one guy who's gear smells so bad it literally makes my stomach turn sitting next to him in the locker room or on the bench. I don't understand how people can play in gear that is wet or just foul.

http://www.spraywayinc.com/

If anyones interested this is about the best deodorizer I have ever used. I give my gear a shot of this everytime I put it out to dry and voila! The scent of it is oh so good also.

Go to Products then household+sanitary then its called Tropical Fruit Air & Fabric Deodorizer. I high recommend ordering a couple cans of this stuff.

i play prep school hockey so we skate every day and leave our stuff in the locker room. All of my stuff pretty much drys out overnight except for gloves (but i keep 3 pairs in the locker room). I hang it all or lay it out on a shelf above my stall. my jersey and socks havn't been washed once but i try to was the under armour every couple days because that reeks.

i play prep school hockey so we skate every day and leave our stuff in the locker room. All of my stuff pretty much drys out overnight except for gloves (but i keep 3 pairs in the locker room). I hang it all or lay it out on a shelf above my stall. my jersey and socks havn't been washed once but i try to was the under armour every couple days because that reeks.

i bet your locker room smells terrible. do you all spray anything on the equipment? or does the stuff just naturally dry in the room and reek it up

most of the time my stuff airs out on the patio, I picked up a 3 level plastic/wire shelve system and put most of the items on there..when I lived in NY..I kept a dehumidifier in the garage to try it out quicker...

for jerseys, tech-wear etc..I've been using this stuff called SportWash that keeps the tech fabrics intact and removes the stink....