Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

SW 3

Edited the info a little, junior division cost is $25 dollars to tryout.

also, the contact info for both teams is:

Junior Division

Bill Sherwood – wrs22@drexel.edu

Tim Davis - tjdavis1423@yahoo.com

Senior Division

Nick Pilotti – nickpilotti@hotmail.com

There's this short kid on Georgia 90s. His name is Jake Abramsky. He skates slow and doesn't pass. If you see him, talk a little shit for me, will you? Put it on my tab. I've racked up a nice amount already, might as well keep going.

I know there were some guys on here who were interested in the PA Junior and Senior State Wars tryouts...

PA State Wars Tryout Dates

Junior Division: Saturday May 12th 1pm to 3pm Cost:$25

Senior Division: Saturday May 12th 3pm to 5pm Cost:$10

Junior Division: Saturday May 26th 4pm to 5:30pm Cost: $25

Senior Division: Saturday May 26th 5:30pm to 7pm Cost: $10

For information about which divisions you are eligible for, visit the State Wars website...

Oh, MAN! I thought the tryouts were at susquenna sports center, which is why I didn't go (about 2-3 hour drive). I had some other commitments. However, TSS, on the other hand, is about 5-10 minutes drive.

I didn't know TSS was getting this kind of exposure. When I last played there, they had one rink, and one locker room. Now they are hosting SW tryouts, and are the home of the Marple Gladiators (pro roller hockey team) who moved from Marple Sports Arena, which is in my opinion one of the best rinks in a huge area.

Although, the Philadelphia Soul (AFL), Wings(MLL), and Kixx (MISL) all practice there.

There's this short kid on Georgia 90s. His name is Jake Abramsky. He skates slow and doesn't pass. If you see him, talk a little shit for me, will you? Put it on my tab. I've racked up a nice amount already, might as well keep going.

Want me to lay him out? That would be more fun for me B)

I will be going in the Junior division for team Ohio. I went to ST1 and then skipped last year so I am looking forward to going back.

That would be AWESOME. If you do play them, lay him out. Georgia 90's aren't any good anyway, so it wouldn't be a big deal or hurt the score.

Now they are hosting SW tryouts, and are the home of the Marple Gladiators (pro roller hockey team) who moved from Marple Sports Arena, which is in my opinion one of the best rinks in a huge area.

whoa whoa... the Glads moved? Wow I miss playing @ the MSA.

MLRH, PIHA, they had a pretty decent setup going on over there.

I'd say one of the better setups in the area. (Feasterville Sportsplex FTW, but parking FTL :()

That would be AWESOME. If you do play them, lay him out. Georgia 90's aren't any good anyway, so it wouldn't be a big deal or hurt the score.

Ill tell him you said hey. ;)

some of the jersys are out now.

i dont think they're on the site now but...

if yall are playing what do u think the coolest ones are??

I hate to be biased, but I like our jerseys (NC) the most. Connecticut and Cali's arent too bad either

Anyone want to share their thoughts on the tournament in general? The good parts, the bad parts etc. Ive heard its amazing. Is this true?

this will be my first year and i heard it was awsome

to tell the truth, Georgia (My team) had little to no representation and our team (92a) probab;y isnt going to do very well.

i think that the georgia jerseys are fairly cool but i feel like they kinda copy from yall's ( NC )

Are anyone’s state wars teams having like a practice or two before going out to Chicago? I know for my team (PA 91’s A) there was a discussion about it but nothing has happened.

Anyone want to share their thoughts on the tournament in general? The good parts, the bad parts etc. Ive heard its amazing. Is this true?

Main bad part? Money. Money, money, money (tryout fee? $55). Maybe they think since it's a state team, people aren't really going to care. Well, I know a bunch of guys who have made the team before, and could make it again if they wanted to, who didn't because of the cost. It's not like they wouldn't spend money on a plane ticket and hotel, because they've been to plenty of nationals where you have to do that before. But, I've heard they jacked up the price A LOT for some reason.

This is just what I've heard from a past SW player's brother, if the case is otherwise (with the prices), then ignore this then. But, the part about people not going because of the price is infact true.

If it IS true, one way they could make it more affordable is to refund the tryout fee for the people who make it, and/or have a free tryout for returnees.

Where can you see the different jerseys?

we got them in an email

my team has been practicing 92A Georgia

the practices are an hour away from my house so i dont make all of them

plus it doesnt matter how much we practice

it not like were gonna blow everybody away

I'm glad Ohio switched away from the Blue Jackets jerseys and back to the Buckeyes, Scarlet and Gray looks so much better :)

We haven't had any practices yet but the Junior and Senior teams are going to be practicing together in a couple weeks.

We are gonna need it too, considering we drew both Cali and New York, along with Connecticut in our round robin.