Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

SW 3

is it true you play with no offsides in the US?? and no iceing?

sounds like a game of dumb to the cherry picker

kind of stupid. have some 4 on 3 action, with one guy sitting his ass down there

haha you guys beat us in the bronze last year. I was on PA 88s

you know swingle? plays down by my rink.

is it true you play with no offsides in the US?? and no iceing?

sounds like a game of dumb to the cherry picker

i kinda hope you're joking... unlike ice hockey, which is certainly a product of canada, inline hockey is an american creation. to be ever so arrogant lol, our rules are the rules... no offsides, and certainly no icing... i've seen play in canada and in mlrh with variations of offsides, but imo i dont think it really belongs in the game...

sorry then, just sounds kind of simple and stupid. where i live we play with halfway to the goal line as icing and a strange offside system where you can skate where ever you want on the rink no matter where the puck carrier is but you cant pass from behind halfway to the attacking side, you have to take the puck over halfway.

we used to play with no offside or iceing but it has turned out that our new systems (as of 5 or 6 years ago) work wonders.

ya that's pretty much how offsides would work over here in the places that use it... never seen icing though.. curious, who is we? is this like you and the guys or is it a league that has instated these rules? sounds like you're playing 4 on 4 ice hockey with a 1 line pass rule...

if you saw some of the games played in narch pro or torhs pro, i think you would see that its not that simple and stupid...

I don't believe that USA tryouts are limited to invitation only; if you mail in your request form and money for the tryout or pay online, first come first served to the tryout. Kovalchuk71: anybody can tryout, just really depends who has the time. I might not be trying out like I wanted to last year since I put myself into the Governor's Honor's Program for academics, so I'll be gone for the majority of the summer.

Really, I would love to just see all the talent at tryouts. None of the best players from Georgia have tried out. It's gotten so bad that 89 and 90 combined last year for one team, with a goalie who plays for a JV high school team, instead of the 5 other varsity goalies there could have been.

I don't believe that USA tryouts are limited to invitation only; if you mail in your request form and money for the tryout or pay online, first come first served to the tryout. Kovalchuk71: anybody can tryout, just really depends who has the time. I might not be trying out like I wanted to last year since I put myself into the Governor's Honor's Program for academics, so I'll be gone for the majority of the summer.

Really, I would love to just see all the talent at tryouts. None of the best players from Georgia have tried out. It's gotten so bad that 89 and 90 combined last year for one team, with a goalie who plays for a JV high school team, instead of the 5 other varsity goalies there could have been.

Wow, that is a joke.

What do you guys think about the National Juniors Program. I think that was be the best tryout I've ever been to, and I think the talent there is amazing. I'm pretty sure we gathered all the best players we could for that team.

National Juniors Program is very good competition. Prob. better than state wars for that age group. I was talking about aau usa if you didnt know

May be it is just me. I live in Arizona and when the tryouts and everything came the team az staff didn't do that well. Maybe it is different in different locations in the US, but arizona needs to get there act together on organization.

May be it is just me. I live in Arizona and when the tryouts and everything came the team az staff didn't do that well. Maybe it is different in different locations in the US, but arizona needs to get there act together on organization.

I can tell you for a fact that those SW selectors didnt run the same drills and 'sprints' in each state. I know my team did 3 times as much work as the Missouri team.

RMU8, we've put in our own PA West senior team into state wars for the past 2 years and probably will again this year. PM me if you have any interest.

They removed what last year would have been the 85-83 division and replaced it with a Junior Select division which is anyone 84-88, basically D1. Last year PA didn't field a team in the 85-83 division so i don't know if they will field a Junior Select team this year or not. There's contact info on the state wars website for every state.

Im in 87 but played 86-85 the first year and adult last year for VA. Hopefully playin my age and Adult this year...and by hopefully I mean I hope that we have a team for my age this year.

But, the tourny is fun not too serious which is kinda relaxing. I have more fun just hanging out in chicago

ya that's pretty much how offsides would work over here in the places that use it... never seen icing though.. curious, who is we? is this like you and the guys or is it a league that has instated these rules? sounds like you're playing 4 on 4 ice hockey with a 1 line pass rule...

if you saw some of the games played in narch pro or torhs pro, i think you would see that its not that simple and stupid...

new zealand

well i checked out the new zealand inline hockey rule book and your offsides and icing rules. why would your rules be set up this way when no international competition uses these rules? obviously i wouldn't expect you to have an answer but it would only hurt your teams and players if they ever played outside the country... any other countries or governing bodies use these rules?

They removed what last year would have been the 85-83 division and replaced it with a Junior Select division which is anyone 84-88, basically D1. Last year PA didn't field a team in the 85-83 division so i don't know if they will field a Junior Select team this year or not. There's contact info on the state wars website for every state.

Im sure we'll have at least one Junior team, but im not sure about another. From what I heard you get two junior franchises per state so idk..

i guess its because the game was falling away and ice hockey was growing... many ice hockey players wouldnt play because they believed having no offside was stupid.

our international teams train with no offsides

I'll be trying out for Team South, just for fun. Even tryouts are worth the cost. The $55 State Wars cost for tryouts for an hour of rink time pretty much goes $5-10 to pay for rink time, and the rest straight into the pockets of Tim McManus.

Not being a dick, and I understand the "Get Rich Quick" factor, but this program does not help the game; it only helps those who have money.

I realize its only January and there's a long way to go, but this post has to be up there for the most clueless of the upcoming calendar year. Putting the words "get rich quick" and Tim McManus in the same sentence is ignorant. He's been building the game since the early 90's..

Want to talk about get rich quick..bring up that johnny come lately series owner who walked into the Cooler in 98 and saw dollar signs go off at the NARCh Finals...hmm...the guy who claimed to play pro hockey in published interviews, the same who said he coached teams in Florida..who I would have had my Triton teams going up against...that is your get rich quick type..and many of you have aided ....

little more info jim? who are you referring to? i don't think there's anything wrong with state wars either besides it being a little pricey but i dont think anyone could rightfully suggest fraud or theft as the reason...

FIRS has no icing and no offsides. IIHF has center line offsides and clearings (icings). World Championships organized by IIHF have offsides and clearings. USA Hockey (IIHF) decided not to have offsides and clearings apparently.

Sorry, if you misunderstood, the best players did not try out for State Wars. No doubt, the best showed up for USA Junior Development.

Wow, that is a joke.

What do you guys think about the National Juniors Program. I think that was be the best tryout I've ever been to, and I think the talent there is amazing. I'm pretty sure we gathered all the best players we could for that team.

I know there were some guys on here who were interested in the PA Junior and Senior State Wars tryouts...

PA State Wars Tryout Dates

Junior Division: Saturday May 12th 1pm to 3pm Cost:$25

Senior Division: Saturday May 12th 3pm to 5pm Cost:$10

Junior Division: Saturday May 26th 4pm to 5:30pm Cost: $25

Senior Division: Saturday May 26th 5:30pm to 7pm Cost: $10

For information about which divisions you are eligible for, visit the State Wars website...

Its roller hockey. There is no off sides and icing in roller hockey.

Unless its different in other countrys.

MLRH there was offsides (redline)