Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

SW 3

what about you?

me, probably not. but, I know other people who are in a lock to make it, and I also know two brothers in a lock to make team USA. no, I'm not kidding. I will actually bet lots and lots of money atleast one, but probably both, will make it to the NHL.

State Wars is a great concept. The tournament is well run and it is a great chance to see teams from all over the country. I also like how the playing field is SOMEWHAT leveled by breaking up the "super teams" with the state residence requirement. Plus, you get the feel that you playing for your State, rather than your sponsor or whatever team you normally play for.

The TALENT may be better in other events (Narch Pro), but I don't think that you can say the competition is any better. Competition just means teams of somewhat equal talent level. That is what makes a great tournament.

Get on team USA. state wars sucks

I have to know your name, I couldnt brag that much if I tried.

whate are you smoking. probably the tourney with the highest freaking level of competition!

State Wars is not that competitive at all. At most its just a chance to be recognized. Like iceburg said, NARCH and Torhs platinum is alot high level of compeition. I like what state wars is trying to do, but its pretty hard to accomplish. States like Cali cant get the best players cause not alot of people want to drive 2-3 hours for a tryout. And even when the teams are picked alot of times these players havnt played together.

But anyways, I'll probaly do it this year. Illinois 90.

Edit - I wouldnt do it if it wer'nt in Illinois. Wouldnt be worth any travel in my opinion.

Tried out for State Wars in the first year and made Team Georgia 91 before tryouts were over, along with three others. Nothing in this tournament is really sponsored, and I think you can do a lot more with the money you spend travelling to the tournament facility.

If state wars provided an inscentive, such as a good, non-parent coaching staff, free practice time, and partial travel and living expenses, that would be something.

In all reality, I don't think it's really possible yet, not in this stage of the development of roller hockey.

I'll be trying out for Team South, just for fun. Even tryouts are worth the cost. The $55 State Wars cost for tryouts for an hour of rink time pretty much goes $5-10 to pay for rink time, and the rest straight into the pockets of Tim McManus.

Not being a dick, and I understand the "Get Rich Quick" factor, but this program does not help the game; it only helps those who have money.

USA is the way to go if you've got it, and if you're looking for a tournament to play in, NARCh is the best of the best, no question.

I've heard the war stories from a guy I play with, Joey Sartory, and by the sound of it, NARCh and USA Youth Development are the way to go.

i'd love to if i wasn't born in 81, heh.

same boat, being over the age of 20 apprently is not real popular with most tourny scenes for the less than elite of the elite

Get on team USA. state wars sucks.

Get your facts straight. Team USA used to be good, I know plenty of state teams that would crush just about any Team USA team. The only good ones are the junior, mens and womens. The rest are a joke. Ive played on both and know from experience. State Wars is much better competition. The only competition for USA is the other USA teams, its pointless. All the best players play in State Wars, trust me.

same boat, being over the age of 20 apprently is not real popular with most tourny scenes for the less than elite of the elite

its a shame too, the new york tryout is 10 minutes from me. & considering i could drive 10 hours north & still be in whats considered new york, & how much further it could be, thats awsome.

Ill probably go out for the tryout.I guess they changed up the divisions.I am a New York 88,and now i guess they added the junior division,which includes 1988-1984.However if there is enough talent and players the state can take two teams.So it looks like it should be fun(even though ill probably be the youngest one there)!!

All the best players play in State Wars, trust me

Ive gotta disagree.

I will admit that the best roller hockey players in Illinois try out because it is in our state. Its not that big of a haul. Hell, most of us just went back home between games! :D

But for other states they did not attract the best players. Take Michigan for example. Quite possibly the best Roller Hockey state, if not at least 2nd. There wasnt even a team the first year. (Youth Teams)

And isnt Texas a pretty good roller hockey state? They at least have a few organizations who are pretty good. How come Texas is so bad at State Wars? No body wants to drive up to a tournament when none of the players have practiced together.

I would imagine Florida being a pretty good roller hockey state too, and from most of the divisions I watched last year, Florida did not do to well.

I think that maybe 5-10 years down the road, SW will attract the best players because people will come back happy. Right now they are still at the 'getting the name out there' phase.

Ive gotta disagree.

I will admit that the best roller hockey players in Illinois try out because it is in our state. Its not that big of a haul. Hell, most of us just went back home between games! :D

But for other states they did not attract the best players. Take Michigan for example. Quite possibly the best Roller Hockey state, if not at least 2nd. There wasnt even a team the first year. (Youth Teams)

And isnt Texas a pretty good roller hockey state? They at least have a few organizations who are pretty good. How come Texas is so bad at State Wars? No body wants to drive up to a tournament when none of the players have practiced together.

I would imagine Florida being a pretty good roller hockey state too, and from most of the divisions I watched last year, Florida did not do to well.

I think that maybe 5-10 years down the road, SW will attract the best players because people will come back happy. Right now they are still at the 'getting the name out there' phase.

Im from Texas, 85, I tried out the first year and made the team, but since no goalie showed up for our age group, we could not enter a team. So I guess this would be another reason why some of the best players don't show up as well, I might show up depending on tryout/practice locations.

while it's true that in house league you will see the cherry picking more, at higher levels you're leaving your team to duke it out 4 on 3, which can lead the score up real quick. It's a give and take

Ive gotta disagree.

ya I see were your coming from on that def. but compared to the youth usa teams ans state wars teams. State wars are much better.