Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zaytser

I know there is a topic about Stick Lies but..

:huh:

Just Wondering guys, I think I need a different lie, because the sticks I have been using I have noticed that I have been stickhandling too far away from my body. I would like to be able to stick handle closer to my feet and body, especially in the corners so that I can make those tight toe drags and so forth.

I started noticing this because when I try to do a tight toe drag or move from left to right (I am Left Handed) and the puck ends up sliding right underneath the center of the blade meaning that I hav ethe wrong lie, I think.

I also noticed that where I play shinny, there are a few pros that skate with us, and they never have this problem, probably because they are very skilled, but also I think their sticks have the correct lie.

Also when I am skating down the Right wing I like to take a quick snap shot, sort of like Sakic or Hull, close and in tight to my feet, but the shape of my blade pattern and lie prevent this. So would I need a higher lie like a 6 or 7 or lower like a 5 or 4. I think it is 6 or 7, and so far I have found a couple of blades I am going to try as well I am going to try a Feather lite 85 flex Crosby pattern. I also think I should shave the bottom of the toe down so that is resemble the Hull Pattern, so that the blade is rockered.

I usually use a Drury pattern because of the loft for getting the puck up quickly. Also I am about 5'8" tall. What do you guys think? I appreciate any suggestions

If the puck goes under the middle of your blade, it's not the lie. Find something with a big rocker on teh bottom, sounds like that's the only way to have all of teh options you want.

If you like Easton, try the Sakic. Has more of a rocker, has an open face, and is basically a mid version of the Drury. Same lie, but more rocker.

I found a couple Roenik blades that are rockered with a round toe and another one that is even better with the bottom of the toe shaved, so I will give them a try. i thought about using a Sakic Pattern but I only use a heel curve since I seem to have the best balance between backhands and forehands.

My only problem now is having the hossels down to fit my synergy shaft and my T-Flex shafts since nono of the synthesis blades or Louisville blade came close with the Rocker and heel curve combination. I hope I don't mess up.

Ever since I saw the actual Hull Pattern for the first time I always wanted to get a hold of one, but it seems that the real thing isn't ever made for lefties.

Thanks guys. I will let you know what happens.

With a lot of the rocker that blades have now a days, lie isn't as big of an issue. You can also adjust the length of your stick as well.

Ryan I disagree with you to a certain extent. I CANNOT use a Modano, no matter how short i cut the stick, I still feel like i have to hunch over to stickhandle the way I like with that curve.

Modano blades happen to have very little rocker and a lot of the blade touching the ice. Many other blades have a lot more rocker. I was speaking in generalizations. Sorry I wasn't curve specific.

Ryan, I have to agree with you for the most part about the rocker. However, I really like the feel of a blade with nearly no rocker and the perfect lie for me.

I also happen to like a lot of blade on the ice. For the past couple years I have used the retail Modano, recently switched to the Kariya pro pattern, and then also found a Chelios blade I really like. It's kind of a like a Drury retail, only more blade on the ice, a little less wedge, and a longer blade...very nice.

Ryan I disagree with you to a certain extent. I CANNOT use a Modano, no matter how short i cut the stick, I still feel like i have to hunch over to stickhandle the way I like with that curve.

with a modo, youd probably need it longer, the lie is lower and should be further from the body\

by shaving the bottom of your blade and changing the rocker, could that potentially do sumthing to change the lie of your stick?

with a modo, youd probably need it longer, the lie is lower and should be further from the body

Thats my point. I don't want it further away from me and I don't want to use a longer stick.

by shaving the bottom of your blade and changing the rocker, could that potentially do sumthing to change the lie of your stick?

Yes, but you can't really shave the bottom of a graphite blade.

i know you cant shave the graphite. i was just interested with wood blades cuz i love experimenting with new things hahaha

I need a little advice and I figure this is the appropriate thread to ask it in, well anyways I plan to join ice this coming winter and I am use to playing with ball hockey balls which are light and take no effort to roof it, however in ice hockey its gonna be heavy and harder to lift so which one would be a better curve for a beginner ice hockey player? sakic or modo? I dont suck and my shot meachanics are good but its just the lack of expiernce so which one or is it PP?

I'd start with a modano because I think it'll be easier for a beginner to work with. It difficult for you to adapt to the loft of the sakic. From there you can see what you would prefer to go with or stay with.