Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ljbaron

Cell phones

How can you recommend a phone that isnt even in production yet? It isnt even impressive, as many phones have been doing what it does for a while now....and cheaper.Plus Apple isnt exactly the greatest around.

And since when have cellphones been a status thing? Last time i checked, they all serve the same purpose..to make and receive calls.

What phone has multi touch? What phone has fullscreen video? What phone has a POWERFULL mp3 player? What phone has google maps? What phone has visual voicemail? And finally what phone can you view a full webpage with? Trust me, I have had many PDA phones, I have had windows mobile 1, 3, 4 and 5. I have used the Palm OS. The iPhone will trump all of these phones. Some phones may have more impressive hardware features, but as with all apple products, the software makes the difference.

The iPhone will trump all of these phones. Some phones may have more impressive hardware features, but as with all apple products, the software makes the difference.

Samsung UltraSmart F700.

Have fun with you're pretty Iphone and Apples terrible build quality. I can see the logo now: An Iphone with the unhappy face. Or you might not see it because you're screen is cracked. Perhaps the registry went corrupt or you cant sync files properly? Or it cant turn on because the battery is shot. Its bound to have tons of problems.

Apples poor build quality? They have some of the best build quality and customer satisfaction according to BBB. Apple does not use a registry, that is a windows reference there my friend. I have NEVER had a problem syncing any apple (or non apple) hardware device) with any of my macs. That is one of the best features of Macs, they sync very seamlessly. Apple uses the same batteries as every other company, other MP3 players had the same problems, but when you have 90% of the market your bound to get the brunt of complaints.

The samsung phone looks very nice. It is a bit bulky, but I do want to see multi touch and the full html browser working.

Apples poor build quality? They have some of the best build quality and customer satisfaction according to BBB. Apple does not use a registry, that is a windows reference there my friend. I have NEVER had a problem syncing any apple (or non apple) hardware device) with any of my macs. That is one of the best features of Macs, they sync very seamlessly. Apple uses the same batteries as every other company, other MP3 players had the same problems, but when you have 90% of the market your bound to get the brunt of complaints.

The samsung phone looks very nice. It is a bit bulky, but I do want to see multi touch and the full html browser working.

I'm only going to address the satisfaction issue; Apple could ship computers that don't turn on and people would praise them for saving energy and being good for the environment.

No idea what your talking about, blasphomy my friend

Not the first time I've been called a heretic. ;)

Yes, poor build quality. I've been through 5ipods in a span of 2 years, and still cant get one without problems. The techies still try to tell me that every replacement is fine, yet i constantly have make an appointment to bring it back. Make an appointment to get something fixed? Thats just a whole new topic...but if they were so well built, why wouldnt they allow walk-ins? Im proud to say that one of the best decision i've made recently was to sell off the ipod and get something else. No problems what-so-ever with my other products.

Seeing as how Itunes gave me errors windows with my Ipods registry, im going to believe what i saw with my own eyes.

Sync'ing between my systems and ipod has been far from seamless. Error this, Error that. My ipod was brand new and still didnt syncing correctly.

The battery they used in ipods has to be one of the worst things every developed. I listened to music without the backlight ever on, no equilizer, etc. and still averaged around 4 hours of life on every single Ipod i had. I guess whatever battery is in my IAudio A2 is different from the ipods, since i get great life...well over 4 hours of video and audio.

After 1-2 replacements i figured i got a bit unlucky. But after they handed me the 5th replacement, how can i not bash apple? Not only me, but it seams everyone has had atleast one replacement. For an item that is so popular, im glad i dont have one anymore. There are clearly better choices on the market, atleast for me.

I misunderstood I thought you meant you had a mac, and its registry was corrupt. Apple does not make the batteries they put in there ipods. Creative and Microsoft use the same batteries in some of most of their players. I have never had a problem with any of my ipods (I have had 8), and as far as I know most of my friends are very happy with their units. If the problem was as horrible as you describe it for everybody there is no way they would gain the marketshare they have today.

check out LG env2 from verizon, it gots what you want. a full keyboard in a regular sized cell phone. and great web browser and download movies off youtube fast! Will be getting that this year.

Well I'd agree that it's not at all a good reason to base what you buy an mp3 on, but from the few I've tried I like the iPod over anyone else. The batteries are the (knock on wood) only issue I've really had, but some others have horror stories here. I'm still a fan of the Sony minidisc though, but can't even find that crap anymore.

Well I'd agree that it's not at all a good reason to base what you buy an mp3 on, but from the few I've tried I like the iPod over anyone else. The batteries are the (knock on wood) only issue I've really had, but some others have horror stories here. I'm still a fan of the Sony minidisc though, but can't even find that crap anymore.

I've still got a bunch. What are you needing?

Ipods are just fashionable mp3 players

you dont get over 80% of the market by just being fashionable.

Nope, you need good marketing, a solid cult-like following and the lemming mentality of the general public.

I've still got a bunch. What are you needing?

You still have the players? I can't find the damn Sports models anymore.

Nope, you need good marketing, a solid cult-like following and the lemming mentality of the general public.

Good marketing, of course. Marketing alone will not allow you to hold such a large chunk of the market for the length of time that apple has. No matter how you look at it, you need a solid product to keep over 80% of the market for 5 years. Sure Apple has a cult-like following, but that community is so small, they are not the ones who bought 40 million ipods in 2006.

Ipods are just fashionable mp3 players

you dont get over 80% of the market by just being fashionable.

Warrior?

Good marketing, of course. Marketing alone will not allow you to hold such a large chunk of the market for the length of time that apple has. No matter how you look at it, you need a solid product to keep over 80% of the market for 5 years. Sure Apple has a cult-like following, but that community is so small, they are not the ones who bought 40 million ipods in 2006.

Most people I know with ipods are on their third or fourth one by now. A lot of the original sales were from the faithful and it snowballed from there. The apple-addicts went out and made it a huge selling product when it was released and gave it over-the-top raved reviews (and ignored any actual problems). When the average consumer started buying them, they read reviews, checked to see what was tops in sales and(/or) was inspired by a good marketing program.

made it a huge selling product when it was released and gave it over-the-top raved reviews (and ignored any actual problems).

What problems? I know of no problems.

You know of no ipod problems? An extended service plan is pretty much required when you buy it, chances are your battery will die at some point. My grirlfriend's scroll wheel also went about two weeks after she got hers, my screen went two months after I got mine.

A friend of mine is currently on her fifth ipod. To apple's credit, they are very good with replacement.