Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2007 Warrior Catalogue

total hockey's website has the kronik going for $229.99 clear, $239.99 for nipple grip. shogun is $139.99, and that only comes with nipple grip

lol that's expansive. I planned to get kronik but just can't afford it :(

ive never used warrior...its always been NBH or RBK for me but if the price drops (like maybe it's really supposed to be 139.99) i'll get it. I hope it's a typo because then (correct me if i'm wrong) it would be the most expensive stick to date!

total hockey's website has the kronik going for $229.99 clear, $239.99 for nipple grip. shogun is $139.99, and that only comes with nipple grip

lol that's expansive. I planned to get kronik but just can't afford it :(

ive never used warrior...its always been NBH or RBK for me but if the price drops (like maybe it's really supposed to be 139.99) i'll get it. I hope it's a typo because then (correct me if i'm wrong) it would be the most expensive stick to date!

Nope, Kronik's going to be over $200, just like the Fuel and the 9K.

if i pay over $200 for a stick, im going to expect for it to never break, always be taped, and score by itself. highest i would pay for a stick would be $150. if my sticks cost more than my skates, then there will be a problem. i understand that they have to make a profit, but come on, not that much

Its just stick envy that makes you want it. No one is forcing you to buy any OPS. If its too much money for you to spend, then whats the problem? Play with a woodie. Gordie Howe did.

im not saying that they are too much, i understand that companies want to make as much money as they can, who can blame them, i have no problem dishing out the dough because i believe it is worth it, im just curious.

The Kronik has a MAP of $239 which means no pro shop who carries this stick is allowed to sell it below that price. Our rep was very clear when stating Warriors pricing policy with us.

The Shogun is Warriors mid price point stick if you wanna call it that. More of a fiberglass/graphite blend stick. I believe this stick has a MAP of $125 or so.

The Kronik has a MAP of $239 which means no pro shop who carries this stick is allowed to sell it below that price. Our rep was very clear when stating Warriors pricing policy with us.

The Shogun is Warriors mid price point stick if you wanna call it that. More of a fiberglass/graphite blend stick. I believe this stick has a MAP of $125 or so.

why do they make these price regulations?

To protect the price point. If you could buy it anywhere for less, it would no longer be worth $239.

They are selective as to who is allowed to carry their products. There are about five different LHS in my area and we are one of only two stores to carry the Warrior product. The MAP guarantees their product will not be sold at a price that might deminish the quality their product is viewed thru advertising. The only time this becomes a problem is towards the end of the season when your trying to get rid of your product and you cant go any lower then the MAP. We had some Starskies we were sitting on for a while but once we got the OK to lower the price they sold in no time.

To protect the price point. If you could buy it anywhere for less, it would no longer be worth $239.

As well to protect the stores who do less volume. A store who does more volume gets a bigger discount, and could essentially sell the stick for less while making the same profit margin as the smaller store, because they paid less for it. That is why you sometimes see a difference between a big (online) store and your LHS.

They are selective as to who is allowed to carry their products. There are about five different LHS in my area and we are one of only two stores to carry the Warrior product.

There are at least 5 LHS within a 10 mile radius of mine and only one of them sells Warrior. Their criteria for selection doesn't make much sense. I believe supply has a big part to do with it, amongst other things.

I was at the other pro shop in my area. His Warrior stock for this time of year was still pretty deep. The pro shop in the rink I play at also said his Warriors didn't sell through half as well as he expected. I still see more players with Easton and NikeBauer OPS than Warrior, no matter how limited Warrior distribution is. 1 out of every 20 players might have a Warrior. We are having a Bantam AAA Minor tourney this week-end with 16 teams from around the US in the building. These players from Texas, Chicago, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Philly, Westchester, and NJ did not have very many, if any, Warrior OPS with them.

I definitely agree with you there. Their marketing seems to be targeted at the younger generation with all the bright colors, extreme graphics, and language selection in there ads. Most of our jr sticks are sold while the Sr models didnt sell as well as expected. However towards the end of the season i definitely noticed more being sold. The amazing thing with Warrior that doesnt pertain to our consumers is that they have a 2 day turn around time for custom OPS's for the pros. The stick has only been out for a little over a year now and theres 110 NHL players using the stick. Im willing to bet over the next year or two we'll see a tremendous rise in Warrior OPS sales.

I'm getting old......My shop only stocked 85/100 and with the 70 flex int, I figured it wasn't really necessary from a SKU/demand standpoint, but cool beans nonetheless.

I have to rely on what e-tailers stock since my LHS carries nothing of that sort. Why they don't go ahead and make an Int. or 75 flex AK is beyond me, unless they added that too.

yeah i would be interested to know exactly how much some of these sticks cost to make (9kO-tech)

all i know is that the 1st gen. Synergy costs roughly $8 USD to make.

they claim they don't make that much profit because of the labor costs and the cost of the machinery

Then if there are labor costs and the cost of the machinery, it really doesn't cost $8 to make a Synergy, does it? Add in the costs of R & D and it still adds up to more than $8. Could you detail your source of information for this cost per Synergy? I know a few people interested to find out.

yeah i would be interested to know exactly how much some of these sticks cost to make (9kO-tech)

they claim they don't make that much profit because of the labor costs and the cost of the machinery

Those #'s are off base...the cost of just the raw materials (kevlar, graphite, fiberglass) are much higher than that. as both you and Dark Star said, you then have to factor in labor costs, overhead, R&D, and machinery & equipment...not too mention advertising as well

Biggest urban legend in this industry. I remember when that number came out and how it spread.