Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Chicago #1

Guest mikemarshhhhhh
NOTEWORTHY

The Blackhawks win! The Blackhawks win! A Stanley Cup? Let's be serious. How about a Sports Illustrated NHL players poll in the new issue. Based on results from 357 NHL players, the Blackhawks have the best uniforms in the league. Now all they need is to improve the players the team puts in them. The results:

BEST UNIFORMS

1. Blackhawks: 28

2. Canadiens: 16

3. Red Wings: 14

4. Maple Leafs: 11

WORST UNIFORMS

1. Predators: 28

2. Sabres: 24

3. Thrashers: 8

4. Ducks: 7

Source

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/quickhits/2...-1hit07.article

Maybe the NHL should reconsider the whole radical restyling of the jerseys they have planned. Classic trumps gaudy.

a few things i don't understand...

the Canadians, red wings, and maple leafs all have probably the most boring jerseys in the nhl

actually with Chicago being the only exception, if the lists were switched it make more sence

who are these people voting??????

Any love for the Blue Jackets' third jersey?

p2336166reg.jpg

Off topic, but I heard this would be their home jersey for next year. Anybody know if this is the truth?

for some reason the logo looks like a fish when you first look at it

but maybe thats just me

better than Atlantas, theirs suck

This:

atl3rd.jpg

is worse than...

This:

Boston%20Third.jpg

?

thrashers home...best looking jersey in the NHL

a few things i don't understand...

the Canadians, red wings, and maple leafs all have probably the most boring jerseys in the nhl

I disagree

Lot's of people like the traditional hockey sweater look. I think the list is dead on with the best jerseys. I don't think buffalo belongs on the worst list.

the bruins edge jerseys are by far the best in the league.

No. Caps and Blue Jackets have better Edge jerseys than the B's for sure. The Rangers' looks good as well.

No. Caps and Blue Jackets have better Edge jerseys than the B's for sure. The Rangers' looks good as well.

i do like Blue Jackets' but something about the caps' just doesn't do it for me. i like the vintage look of the B's

Ok go buy your o-tech, mirrored visor, and pink laces with that.

The Bruins are the best "classic" REDONE jersey so far, but still not better than the updated Original 6s. CBJ is a beautiful jersey - saw it up close at the Draft.

CBJ is a beautiful jersey - saw it up close at the Draft.

It's not bad but it doesn't really say "hockey" to me.

I may be biased but I think that Montreal's red is the nicest jersey in sports. Their white vintage jersey from '45-'46 is the nicest white jersey out there too. I think it should be there permanent road jersey.

higginskoivuzx2.jpg

higginscelebratinqo1.jpg

Chadd, looking at the picture of the red jersey, I thought the same thing. The crest and horizontal lines look as if they are only a 1/4 of the way up the jersey.

The crest isn't that low. It's just those pics. This picture makes it look higher. I just think the color combo is the best. Chicago is second in my book. I really like their black third as well. I can't wait until we see all of the teams new jerseys. It's not like we should expect much of a change for the original six teams, however I am still anxious to see each new jersey.

begingamewinnerdl8.jpg

The crest isn't that low. It's just those pics. This picture makes it look higher. I just think the color combo is the best. Chicago is second in my book. I really like their black third as well. I can't wait until we see all of the teams new jerseys. It's not like we should expect much of a change for the original six teams, however I am still anxious to see each new jersey.

Leafs will do something dumb, I almost guarantee it.

I've seen a few images of the proposed new logo floating around but I was so dismayed I managed not to look at it very long.

Can you post the link to the site with the leafs proposed logo. I'm sure there are plenty of people on here that would like to see it. They should go back to the old leaf with the veins in it. It was the nicest crest they've had IMO.

I love the Chicago red jerseys. That one is my favorite too. I'm biased though because Chicago is my favorite team. Too bad they suck now. At least if they get good again people can't say I'm just jumping on the bandwagon. As far as third jerseys go, I would love to see teams that have older jerseys they no longer wear used as their third jersey. I loved when Vancouver used their 70-78 jersey (blue & green stick in a rink) in the playoffs this year. My favorite retro jersey is L.A. Kings purple and gold. I would love to see NHL teams bust out the retros once in a while throughout the season.

I think Chicago will improve vastly over the next 2-3 seasons. If everyone stays healthy, they could do quite well this year. Playoffs might be pushing it, but they will do a lot better than last season. The Canucks have used the vintage blue, green and whites for three seasons now. They are way nicer than the current jerseys with the orca whale.

I think Chicago will improve vastly over the next 2-3 seasons. If everyone stays healthy, they could do quite well this year.

They've got/going to have a good, young defensive core, but they need more scoring threats besides just Ruutu and Havlat. I know Toews and Kane are coming up, but they need just ONE more pure goal scorer to bolster their second line.

I think Chicago will improve vastly over the next 2-3 seasons. If everyone stays healthy, they could do quite well this year.

They've got/going to have a good, young defensive core, but they need more scoring threats besides just Ruutu and Havlat. I know Toews and Kane are coming up, but they need just ONE more pure goal scorer to bolster their second line.

Samsonov :lol:

Well, I don't mean to get this thread too far off topic but I hope you guys are right. I would love to see this team improve but I have my doubts. Chicago has had some big names on their roster over the past few years but they always seem to fall short. They like to load up their team with a lot of young talent with potential and expect two or three veterans carry the team but we have seen how that worked out for them. They currently hold the record as the NHL team with the longest drought without a Stanley Cup.

Samsonov :lol:

I've seen enough of him in Boston to know that he isn't worth much. Doesn't shoot or use his speed enough... Plays around with the puck ad infinitum without doing anything with it.

But, if that's good enough for them, he's a perfect fit ;)