Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ExitTwoEighty

Coolest/Worst Jersey You've Ever Seen?

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but what's the coolest and lamest jersey you've ever seen around your rink? It could be logo, color or whatever.

Not the coolest but the most amusing one to me was something similar to this one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Wingsuit-01.jpg

the jersey had some material connecting the arms and the side, that guy looked funny skating around like that.

Lamest? There's this guy that "rips" his jerseys diagonally across the front to make it look cool at my rink. He has like 5 jerseys all ripped the same way.

haha I was going to make a comment how both sound very odd(see flamboyant) and then I saw where you are from. Explains a lot.

No offense, I'm not trying to say anything negative about you, please don't take it that way.

Not really a comment so much on the sweaters, but I think it's fairly lame when beer league teams just buy NHL sweaters. Can't say I've seen any that are off the wall. Though a pet peve of mine is teams that just absolutely refuse to comply with the matching sweaters policy.

One of my favorite jerseys is that of a team in the Greater Seattle Hockey League called the Ligers. They're in the colors of the LA Kings's current jerseys and have a drawing of a Liger with the word "Ligers" in script underneath. On one of the shoulders is a circular patch with "Vote For Pedro" on it.

As far as ugly jerseys, that could go to a team I used to play for about 15 years ago called the Yellow Submarine. Our jerseys were yellow/gold practice jerseys with red numbers on the back, no logo or otherwise. We weren't a great team, but we had a fun time playing.

A guy at drop in showed up with a with a yellow beer league jersey that said 'SLOTHS' on the front with a picture of a sloth. :lol:

My favorite...2272948110091916927mvbcBf_th.jpg2958284000091916927EgGoWY_th.jpg

we are in the process of redesigning our jerseys:

http://www.sabrespace.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11418

we have been told by many people that our logo is one of the best they have seen. We're called the Laughing Skulls.

If you are a team that has any kind of media coverage (Radio or TV) go with Black numbers.....that orange will be hard to read on the ice from a distance. If this is just a regular league, either one looks good.

The Milwaukee Admirals (AHL) had grey road jerseys with numbers that were silver/blue and a think black outline...you could barely read them from the pressbox...One by one, everytime they played a roadgame the tv/radio crews from the other teams would complain. I think they finally changed them, but I'm not 100% positive

jeffw did you happen to see that logo at the ice box in pittston, pa. if so i've seen it. topshelf your logo is nice just looks like you buddy the graphic artist is a manitoba moose fan.

jeffw did you happen to see that logo at the ice box in pittston, pa. if so i've seen it. topshelf your logo is nice just looks like you buddy the graphic artist is a manitoba moose fan.

:lol:

We used the Manitoba Moose logo as a template. I gave it to him and told him we wanted something similar, but different enough that we would not get in any legal trouble by using it. B)

I saw these jerseys at a tournament recently - and couldn't decide if I liked them, or if they are awful and I was generously giving them points for being different.

Orangeville Tigers

those must have cost a mint....

what did you think of the designs that our team is looking at?

Honestly the worst jesey's I've ever seen , were at a HS tournament I went to a couple weeks ago. It was a school from Vancouver. I dont have pics but i'll try to describe it. The main colour was purple, and the shoulders had a yellow "bar" across the top. When I first saw these i thought they were ugly enough but then they turned around and they had a big bright green clover on it. :ph34r:

im from vancouver, and i'm trying to think of high schools with hockey teams... there are only 3 or 4 high schools with hockey teams from vancouver, otherwise it had to be club teams... so killarney? they are usually all green, or sometimes white with green, and the other 2 i cant even remember what schools have hockey...

That team has Jack Black on it; that's not fair.

You are one funny bastard. I spilled my water on my keyboard :(

I'm sorry for the lack of pictures, but we saw a jersey this weekend in Indy that was yellow and the team name was "Short Bus Hockey". The logo had a monkey driving a school bus with kids hanging out the window.

too funny....