Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolfpack_1986

Vapor XXXX stick?

wow that is one sexy stick

I honestly think it's not gonna look better in any other team's hands (unless buffalo revives their jerseys from '05). But ya great job nbh on the paint job.

I heard that it's good for wrist shots. So if you want to take a wrist shot buy the XXXX if you want to take a slap shot buy the one90. If you want to be able to take both kinds of shots buy both. -NBH rep

(obviously I'm not being serious)

Ha...I was about to say, no way Villemure says that...

When you guys talk up the Vapor line out loud, what do you say when it comes to the X's? In my mind, I say "The Triple X" or "the Ex Eye Vee (XIV)" etc. etc.

So on that note, I am calling this new twig, the 40. :lol:

I heard that it's good for wrist shots. So if you want to take a wrist shot buy the XXXX if you want to take a slap shot buy the one90. If you want to be able to take both kinds of shots buy both. -NBH rep

(obviously I'm not being serious)

Ha...I was about to say, no way Villemure says that...

Or if you want to do both, buy something else.

It is Roman numerals, so it is 20, 30, and now 40.

JR, you are the last guy I want to offend, so please do not take this personally, but what started as roman numerals is now suddenly not. You can not have 4 of the same letter in the roman numbering system. The new Vapor's should be XL, but of course I am sure NBH has plenty of market research that tells them that it would be confusing to have XL on tha skate. SImilarly, they have to realize that the skate after that (the 50 presumably) would then be the L.

Any guesses on if this is the last Vapor with the "X" designations? CCM realized after what, the "1192" that they were going to run ou of numbers quickly by releasing new updated model numbers. I, personally, would like to see a manufacturer stick with one name or designation and just have people realize the differences between say the '06 and '07 model. Like cars really. Where would Ford be at if the released the Explorer in 91 or 92 as the Explorer 10. Then the Explorer XX in 93, and so on and so on and so on....

We know, there's been plenty of discussion on it.

In my opinion, while incorrect based on the norm, the numbering system is technically correct.

If you look at a lot(most, not all) of clocks with roman numberals you'll notice a "IIII" instead of "IV" is that wrong? No, it's actually a traditional way of numbering. I would imagine that XXXX was used before XL as well.

In my opinion, while incorrect based on the norm, the numbering system is technically correct.

If you look at a lot(most, not all) of clocks with roman numberals you'll notice a "IIII" instead of "IV" is that wrong? No, it's actually a traditional way of numbering. I would imagine that XXXX was used before XL as well.

There is a reason why the clocks would have had the "IIII" designation for 4 yet still used the "IX" for 9. SIdenote: the use of the I before the X to represent 9 is called the "subractive principal" of roman numerals. As a matter of fact, there are several reasons. Many relate directly to it being on a clock face, and the Roman desire for symmetry and balance. ONe popular clock theory is that for symmetrical purposes, using IIII means that the numeral I is used for all 4 of the first numbers on thr face. The Numeral V is used in each of the next 4 numbers (V, VI, VII, VIII) and Numberal X used in the next 4 (IX, X, XI, XII).

Anyways, i apologize if I had the same opinion as someone else on this subject. This makes this the first thread ever on a messageboard where people agreed on something and someone pointed it out.

:blink:

It is Roman numerals, so it is 20, 30, and now 40.

JR, you are the last guy I want to offend, so please do not take this personally, but what started as roman numerals is now suddenly not. You can not have 4 of the same letter in the roman numbering system. The new Vapor's should be XL, but of course I am sure NBH has plenty of market research that tells them that it would be confusing to have XL on tha skate. SImilarly, they have to realize that the skate after that (the 50 presumably) would then be the L.

Any guesses on if this is the last Vapor with the "X" designations? CCM realized after what, the "1192" that they were going to run ou of numbers quickly by releasing new updated model numbers. I, personally, would like to see a manufacturer stick with one name or designation and just have people realize the differences between say the '06 and '07 model. Like cars really. Where would Ford be at if the released the Explorer in 91 or 92 as the Explorer 10. Then the Explorer XX in 93, and so on and so on and so on....

I know. Not only have I watched Super Bowls, I learned it in school!

It started out as Roman numerals and it changed when the XXXX skate came out. I realize this.

The "X" is now a NBH sub-brand.

That being said, the correct way to call the skates is by saying the numbers, not the amount of Xs.

There is a reason why the clocks would have had the "IIII" designation for 4 yet still used the "IX" for 9. SIdenote: the use of the I before the X to represent 9 is called the "subractive principal" of roman numerals. As a matter of fact, there are several reasons. Many relate directly to it being on a clock face, and the Roman desire for symmetry and balance. ONe popular clock theory is that for symmetrical purposes, using IIII means that the numeral I is used for all 4 of the first numbers on thr face. The Numeral V is used in each of the next 4 numbers (V, VI, VII, VIII) and Numberal X used in the next 4 (IX, X, XI, XII).

That's not what I've heard but it does make more sense. That's what I get for asking a question and searching online for an answer(mind you this was back when I was like 10 and the internet wasn't as easy to work with at the time).

I ammend my statement as XXXX is theoretically correct, although not technically correct. But if we have 10 year olds putting it on their roman numerals test it will be wrong. ;)

AND...

bigger that what's posted above:

NCKD109032512_1024x768.jpg

i would love to know how stick companies come up with all of these ideas. i remember when the original synergys came out i didnt think that sticks could advance much more. but of corse they can always one up their previous stick. if you would show me a pic of the 9KO 10 or 15 years ago i wouldnt no what the heck i was looking at. how much more advanced do you think sticks can get?

thanks for the edit JR, wasn't sure whether you guys would want me to put that big of a picture in my comment.

nick, that's the weird thing about technology... Think 50 years ago or even 20 years ago; how many people would imagine one or more computers in almost every home and work place and most of them connected together via the internet. Technology is incredible and hockey equipment is reaping the benefits of technology.

I think as far as design goes the 9K0 is the next step(possibly the last step) in a design process that changes the overall look of a shaft(ie holes and large dimbles). The materials are going to change, sticks will get lighter(to a point) and "kick" better. I doubt durability will get too much better because if a stick lasts a few years companies aren't going to enough make money off of it. I would imagine that blades will see improvements with something like groves or inserts to make them stiffer, longer. See when you have stronger designs you get the ability to loose material and keep the same strength and lose weight.

yes, the kronik. But I think there are better ways of doing it. You need to limit the possible angles on the blade and keep it as flat as possible so that the puck doesn't have a place to "bounce" funny.

I'd imagine an internal 0 type of design with a flat covering, giving the blade a flat surface. Or possibly something that looks like 0=0=0=0 with everything connected. Should help keep the blade from twisting and allow use of lighter materials... if they can manage to put it in a thin blade. Possibly a series of 0s that start large and taper in smaller to make up the internals of the blade. Mind you these are all just a few ideas I just thought of.