Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolfpack_1986

Vapor XXXX stick?

I'm thinking it might effect some deflections and might also feel a little weird when puckhandling.

BTW MUCH better watermark!

TBLfan by wierd do you mean, flimsy or do you mean wierd as in good but, hard to get used to?

I think he means having the grooves on the blade will make it feel as if the puck is jumping around when it is sliding from one groove to another.(I actually know what I'm saying it's just hard to put it into words)

exactly. I would imagine it would feel like bumps on the blade. As JR stated, it's convex so it's a rather large X-shaped bulge across the face of the blade. I can't really imagine how it would feel and/or react on the blade.

How much does this stick out? I can't imagine any more than 1-2 mm.

Anyone from Pittsburgh can head down to KO Sports and check it out. They have a XXXX stick, XXV Skates (no XXXXs) and a 9KO stick all for demo.

Toronto Hockey Repair have the XXXX skates in stock. And the guy said within 4 weeks they should have the XXXX sticks.

Toronto Hockey Repair have the XXXX skates in stock. And the guy said within 4 weeks they should have the XXXX sticks.

I've heard some dealers already got them in but are not allowed to sell them til 5/1.

The skates or the stick? Cause I know for the skates the guy was trying to sell them. I don't think they had em' in junior though, only senior. And they were charging like 800 bucks+tax which here is 14%

they were charging like 800 bucks+tax which here is 14%

some sold on "that auction site" for around $340 last night. size 5 EE and you are saying they are selling retail for around ~$900

:o :blink: :(

Just incase this isnt posted yet the Vapor XXXX stick is supose to retail for 399 canadian we jsut got the 2007 holiday bauer catologue book and my assistance manager got a price range of all the stuff. But i think it mite be lower cuz it says the one90 stick is 329 retial when actually it is 249

I sure hope the price is lower than $399. I'd stick with my XXX Lite if the price is that ridiculous! Time to start stockpiling.

i would love to know how stick companies come up with all of these ideas. i remember when the original synergys came out i didnt think that sticks could advance much more. but of corse they can always one up their previous stick. if you would show me a pic of the 9KO 10 or 15 years ago i wouldnt no what the heck i was looking at. how much more advanced do you think sticks can get?

As far as a technological standpoint... advance composites, etc. often get their start at either NASA, the aerospace industry, the defense industry, etc. They are the ones that have big, big, big, ridiculous budgets... eventually whatever they invent for an F-18 hornet, the space shuttle, or a Navy Seal (see Oakley - so that their new boots don't squeak too much when they are wet in Afghanistan - then they can go on a secure uplink to Oakley R&D and tell them that the noise is a problem or that the laces need to be more flame retardent...) --- then usually goes to a bigger dollar R&D recreational application like for instance golf -- e.g. widespread availability of titanium after the fall of the Soviet Union... (or even fishing rods) where X more consumer dollars are spent pushing them to make new and better (or at least slightly different) shafts using composites.... e.g. the buzzword "nano-technology" on the Montreal Hockey website - where golf shafts have been using nano-tube technology in higher end golf shafts for a few years... eventually this trickles to hockey because the technology will have to be more affordable since the retail dollar spent on hockey per player (and even total amount of players) is much lower than something like golf -- even at the professional level worldwide golf is much bigger dollar than professional hockey.... blah blah blah (to quote an Odyssey golf commercial) .... so if you look outside of hockey you can see what materials or technologies might eventually make it to hockey....

who knows maybe every LHS will have something like a swingweight scale, and a frequency analyzer next to the skate sharpening machine...

thankfully - even here on modquadhockey people aren't as intense about specs on hockey equipment as the golf enthusiasts are... it's relaxing an atmosphere in comparison to sitting in a golf pro shop!

Just incase this isnt posted yet the Vapor XXXX stick is supose to retail for 399 canadian we jsut got the 2007 holiday bauer catologue book and my assistance manager got a price range of all the stuff. But i think it mite be lower cuz it says the one90 stick is 329 retial when actually it is 249

Greatskate has them advertised for 190USD for when they're released.

the Canadian price lists for bauer were always crazy, I remember that the MSRP for the One90 skate was 899$, I dont think anyone sold it for that amount, also it had the Vapor XX stick at 299.99, which is crazy...

That is honestly one of the nicest looking sticks ever its second only to the BLUE mac daddy, but i hope it is as good as it looks and has better durability then the xxx-lites.