Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

miracleman4

Breakaway Moves

Pavel Bure did it, however off the inside of his other skate.  It was dirty...

Oh yeah!

I believe he did that in Pre-season after one of his major knee surgery's. People didn't think he could be as effective anymore. That move was pretty sweet.

You mean this one...

http://fedorov313.tripod.com/Bure.mpg

:D

I can do it, but nowhere near as fast as he did... :blink:

is there a website where i can dl movies like these? these things are sick as hell. and where can i get a movie of crosby shoving his teammate? and who is that goalie in the bure vid?

Nope there isn't really any other websites that have lots of hockey vids, that's why I'm trying to make one ;) . In the meantime I'm just going to post links on MSH. There's plenty of links to the Crosby goal posted on here, just do a search. As for that goalie, I dunno. Not that it matters... I think he would've schooled anyone with that move :D

Yep, Some are from actual nhl videos, some are from things I've recorded in the past. I can't find all my tapes right now but I know I have a ton hiding around here somewhere... and don't you worry... I got plenty of Lindros, Bure, & Gretzky stuff for ya :D

Try not to come in straight-on. By moving around you will force the goalie to open holes (you won't get huge areas to shoot for when moving in on any half-way decent goalie, but you can open some up that are just big enough to fit a puck through, which is all you need). And always remember: "Speed kills"

Im RH so I come in from the left side and when Im almost at the crease I will lunge forward like Im taking a shot then I pull the puck back and by then the goalies already lying on the ice because its the shooting motion and the goalie thinks I already shot it. Then I and just go to the right side and just put it in.

I pretty sure with that move I could score on any goalie.

most good goalies wont bite on that fake unless you really sell it, and they are also quick enough laterally to get over....but on a bad goalie that move is money.

Lunge? Just try dropping your shoulder, its the same effect and you don't look like an idiot. Also, try opening up the face of your blade at the same time.

Oh that's a classic. Dip the shoulder, head fake to the backhand then cut to the forehand. Knock the water bottle off and all is well in the world.

My favorite right now is first opening up the forehand like a shot, then pulling it across to my backhand. Then I edge really hard to the right and lean hard left like a stop, which sends all of my momentum back to the left. I just take the puck with me and slide it into the (now) open side. Lots of goalies fall for it because the move is such a sudden change of direction.

...and pop up your back foot at the same. Raffi Torres raped someone with that move this year.

That was the young stars game. It looked so perfect when he did it. I've been getting the goalies in my house league with those lately :lol:

During warmup a few weeks ago, I did a few breakaways on my goalie. I shot most of the time but did make a beauty goal. 10 feet out I fake to the forehand (fake shot), then pull it to my backhand, and then finally turn slightly to the forehand, take my top hand (left, im RH) off and lifted it over his pads with 1 hand. I still dont know how I did that though :D .

im a pretty mast skater so i skate as fast as i can down the left side(im a lefty) skate as fast as i can to the left post and at the last second turn ,put it on my back hand and put it in ,goalies go down almost every single time ....its amazing :D

Lunge?  Just try dropping your shoulder, its the same effect and you don't look like an idiot.  Also, try opening up the face of your blade at the same time.

By lunge I kind of mean like jumping forward, and while you do it your in a shooting motion.The goalie thinks you shoot. On EVERY goalie I have tried the move on I have scored. When you do it the goalie normally goes into a butterfly and Im going so fast he has no time at all to get back up and lateral over.

i hate showboating and rubbing in faces ,when i score i put my arm up fast and then down and give who ever assisted my goal a pat on the head or sumthing ,my coach actually wanted us to skate by the bench and hit the people on the benches hands when we scored ,i never did :D . i think the worst thing ive done was the salute to mario like jagr in like novice...lol i loved mario

I almost feel sorry for the goalie on a lot of mine since they're often tips or ugly goals, so I just skate away. If you make too big of a deal they remember and don't want it to happen again. I try to let them forget about me.

what i do( im rh) is go down the left side around the faceoff dot close to the goaline and then cut into the net. The better defensmen normally wont fall for this. But if you use your power, it shouldnt be too hard, especially if you go against a crappier person. Its always fun.

i like to get a few deks done before goin by the crease.. then go to the right side.. doing a deke.. then a toe drag, then put it in 1 handed..

this won't work unless you pull the goalie.. then move the puck back over across the crease with one hand then slide it five hole, or go for the far post. With a big butterfly goalie this wont work either...

Another move i like to puul in practices.. havent got it to work perfectly in a game

but it is... the jagar move: im right handed so i come in pretty fast along the boards on the righ side.. i cut in a litllte bit.. i come in about 3-4 feete from the red line. I then go past the crease.. makeing sure the goalie dosent pokecheck the puck away.. then while im skateing through, i put in through my legs and roof it.

8 times out of 10, I just pick a spot and shoot and usually it's low. Sometimes I try to catch the goalie off guard and just slide it along the ice/court opposite side. Pretty funny when it works, they don't expect a slow shot like that.

I usually try to skate in fast, open up the blade so it looks like im gonna shoot, pull it back hand then pull it back to the forehand and roof it but that usually doesn't work because i end up over stickhandling.

I used to think that getting real fancy (especially on the penalty shots) was the best thing to do. Now I simply find where the goalie isn't, and go high or low with quick wrist or snap shot. Sometimes I may add a fake, thats about as fancy as I get now. Going five-hole works too.

Michigan all the way!

I doubt that anyone here doesn't know what that is. (Sorry if its already been mentioned) Anyways, I'm just learning it and it's sweet, actually not that hard to get down. Also stick with the standard michigan, not between the legs or back hand, the goalies tend to get suspicious once you get you stick between your legs. and if you do it standard, he'll think you're going for a wrister at first and then once you've got it up, just decide where to put it!