Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Maritimes? What specfically? My mother is from NS and most of my family now lives in Annapolis Valley

The blue/yellow/red opf the NS flag would pop really nice...also...if you plan to have any kind of lighthouse imagery...that red top is so iconic....might be cool as a mostly black and grey with some color.

I've booked my appointment for the end of July. I will be going in for multiple sessions to begin my maritime themed sleeve tattoo. The planning is for the most part going to be left up to the artist. I know there are a few things I would like to incorperate but I am not too picky and know the guy does great work and has a great imagination. My only question is color or no color?

Anyone have a colored sleeve and if so, what can I expect for fading? Is it worth it or should I just go with traditional coloring?

A lot will depend on your skin. Some skin will take colour well, some won't. Fading won't be a big issue if you don't tan and always wear sunscreen.

Maritimes? What specfically? My mother is from NS and most of my family now lives in Annapolis Valley

The blue/yellow/red opf the NS flag would pop really nice...also...if you plan to have any kind of lighthouse imagery...that red top is so iconic....might be cool as a mostly black and grey with some color.

New Brunswick. I will be getting the Centennial bridge on the inside of my forearm along with hopefully a fishing scene or something to do with lobster fishing, a lighthouse yes and a few other little things in it. I'm planning on mostly letting the tattoo artist create it but I'll be putting a bit of my own imput as well. Funny that I have a great deal of family (that I'm not really in touch with) from the Valley as well, small world.

And on the fade, I have pretty fair skin however I rarely ever burn. I turn more of a red shade then anything but I can count the times I have had a sunburn on one hand. I do wear sunscreen and was wondering if it would even fade from just day to day life. Hopefully my skin takes the color well but it's tough to say as I have never had a tattoo before.

Planning on getting some more work done in the coming weeks. I want to do something to combine the Dragon on my shoulder and the "B" on my lower arm to look more like 1 piece, than just 2 separate images. When I mentioned it to my artist, he said "not problem, just smoke the shit out of it!" (guessing that's a tattoo term! ha!). I trust him, but he said he'd free hand and work around what's there...kinda nervous not seeing a sketch first...have to go in and talk to him again before I actually do it. Pics coming eventually.

And, I have another idea for one...but placement is a problem. I think it is bigger (or needs to be bigger) than my arms will allow. I was thinking right calf. But, a buddy said that spot is especially painful. I'm not against the idea of pain, it's kinda part of the tattoo experience, just wanna know what I'm in for if I go that way.

Anyone have a colored sleeve and if so, what can I expect for fading? Is it worth it or should I just go with traditional coloring?

If you keep your arm out of the sun, heal properly, and apply sunscreen regularly when you're outside, fading shouldn't be a problem. Color can fade just as easily as black & gray scale. With a nautical theme, there's a lot of awesome opportunity for color and light play with the water. As someone who as never met you, seen your other tattoos, and has no idea who does your work, I'd say go for it.

They make neoprene sleeves that you can pull over your arm that block UV rays. I just keep two in my car and pull them on whenever my arms are sitting in the sun. I make sure I put on longsleeves or sunscreen if I'm going to be outside doing yard work or playing sports or something.

http://www.tatjacket.com/cover-up-sleeves--original-full-length-sleeves.html

Oh, and on the topic of healing....this was done by a different person than has done my others...He didn't bandage it at all. He said to keep a very thin layer of Vitamin A/D cream on it 24/7 and it would heal quickly.

That's how my wife and I have both always done ours, and I'd guess we have 50+ hours between us, all of which have healed great. We do a thin layer of A&D ointment for the first 2 or 3 days. Rinse it off every evening and morning with cold water then reapply. If you apply too much or start getting it on area that aren't healing, you may get small rashes with bumps from the skin not breathing (it's nothing to worry about, just itchy). Once it heals after a few days, we just use unscented lotions for 2 -3 days until it's done flaking.

Hahaha..I made another unsolicited Tattoo list. This time, Fox Sports 50 WORST Sports Tattoos.

#20: http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/list-gallery?gid=29273&gf=558 Yeah me???? (I guess!)

Some of those are absolutely Gawd awful...some are nice (artistically) just poor decisions overall. A giant OJ Simpson mugshot tattoo, really???

Here is a full view of my sleeve. Just finished it a little over 2 weeks ago. Boston theme on the bottom with the TD Garden and the Bruins Logo, a commuter rail train, the Zakim Bridge, and the Stanley Cup. The top has an angel and a grim reaper, as well as my wedding date in roman numerals and my elbow has my badge with an American Flag inside it. All work was done at Keepsake Custom in Salisbury, MA.

null_zpsf150da25.jpg

Edited by JTully317

Merry Christmas to me. New Ink. Something I always wanted when I was in radio,but never got. Now that I'm out...it's a fitting tribute to something I spent 15 years of my life doing!

fedd0d1e-af3f-4fc0-81cc-3e9356e0ed6a_zps

What I find very interesting about this thread is that Garrett now owns a tattoo shop in Troy, MI.

I brought up this subject probally 8 months ago, and got bashed for it, but now im ready to get it done. As most of you know, my son Landon Jeremy was born on 2-8-07 and i want to get something to show my love for him amd the protection im going to provide for him. I was wondering if anyone here has a tattoo for their children, and if anyone has any ideas. i have not settled on a final design so i figured id ask you guys for any suggestions. i want the tattoo to show love, and protection for my little guy. any suggestions are more than welcome, and if anyone is bored and wants to draw something up id love to see it. thanks guys

Garrett

What I find very interesting about this thread is that Garrett now owns a tattoo shop in Troy, MI.

I guess when he ran out of spots to put more on himself he figured he better start putting them on other people! Haha

I've still got some open skin radio! Just saw JR today actually he can attest.

I can't believe this thread is still going and man am I embarrassed of the 18 year old me, not sure why I was so sensitive back then but sorry to Chadd and anyone else I was being a whiney shit to. Best part is you were all right and I can totally admit that, I'm 26 now with two boys and those tattoos I first got are all covered up because they suck! You guys told me but I thought I was too smart for you so this is my apology sorry for being such a baby you guys were only looking out. Thankfully the situation has all changed, my oldest son, Landon, who was who I got that first terrible tattoo for is almost 9 and I've got my little guy Liam who just turned two and he's already got a pair of tacks and a one piece stick getting him stated young! Landon is with me 5-7 days a week depending on the week, Liam lives with his mother and myself full time now I'm too busy to get tattooed. I've worked at an award winning shop for the last 5+ years, and when the opportunity presented it self I took over as owner of B'z Ink Tattoo in Troy, MI. Funny how things all work out in the end, by now I've got 60+% of my body tattooed, lots of works in progress but once it all comes together I'll post a few photos you can see how much I've changed glad to be back here!

• Like 2

On 7/25/2013 at 8:04 AM, RadioGaGa said:

Planning on getting some more work done in the coming weeks. I want to do something to combine the Dragon on my shoulder and the "B" on my lower arm to look more like 1 piece, than just 2 separate images. When I mentioned it to my artist, he said "not problem, just smoke the shit out of it!" (guessing that's a tattoo term! ha!). I trust him, but he said he'd free hand and work around what's there...kinda nervous not seeing a sketch first...have to go in and talk to him again before I actually do it. Pics coming eventually.

And, I have another idea for one...but placement is a problem. I think it is bigger (or needs to be bigger) than my arms will allow. I was thinking right calf. But, a buddy said that spot is especially painful. I'm not against the idea of pain, it's kinda part of the tattoo experience, just wanna know what I'm in for if I go that way.

Smoking it is kind of phoning it in .   The best  work  flow and has a little story  .... I will se if I can figure out how to move pics to here

Got my first (and likely only) on New Year’s Eve. My best friend died on Dec 19 and when the ink prints came back, my wife asks me: “Are you going to get it tattooed?”

“Yes.”

“Wow, you didn’t even hesitate!”

”Nope.”

I’d never been able to decide what I cared about so much that I would put it on my body permanently but this was a no-brainer of a decision for me. 

I miss you, buddy. 

96311C38-DA8D-48CA-BDBF-77174B25862E.jpeg

EAF0F60D-8C88-4162-96C0-A4E47EAFF7BF.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Got my first (and likely only) on New Year’s Eve. My best friend died on Dec 19 and when the ink prints came back, my wife asks me: “Are you going to get it tattooed?”

“Yes.”

”Nope.”

I’d never been able to decide what I cared about so much that I would put it on my body permanently but this was a no-brainer of a decision for me. 

I miss you, buddy. 

EAF0F60D-8C88-4162-96C0-A4E47EAFF7BF.jpeg

That's awesome.

i want to get one for my furkid too.  Unfortunately, I forgot to get a paw stamp before he was gone.  I have a clay paw impression, but getting a stamp image from that may be difficult.  So I'll have to go with a different idea (likely a Harry Potter Patronus based one).  Did you think about having an ash tattoo done?

2 hours ago, psulion22 said:

That's awesome.

i want to get one for my furkid too.  Unfortunately, I forgot to get a paw stamp before he was gone.  I have a clay paw impression, but getting a stamp image from that may be difficult.  So I'll have to go with a different idea (likely a Harry Potter Patronus based one).  Did you think about having an ash tattoo done?

Ash tattoo?

They gave us a list of options, urn, no urn, ashes scattered in the ocean, take him with us (home burial) etc as well as options for ink prints, clay imprint, etc. I was like “can we have all of them?”

Opening that package in the mail was really hard. So was getting the card from the hospital we had taken him to that all of the staff signed with well wishes. 

Okay I have to stop writing and ask whoever is cutting onions near me to please stop.

7 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Ash tattoo?

They gave us a list of options, urn, no urn, ashes scattered in the ocean, take him with us (home burial) etc as well as options for ink prints, clay imprint, etc. I was like “can we have all of them?”

Opening that package in the mail was really hard. So was getting the card from the hospital we had taken him to that all of the staff signed with well wishes. 

Okay I have to stop writing and ask whoever is cutting onions near me to please stop.

They can do tattoos where they mix a tiny amount of the ashes into the ink, so it gets embedded into you. I’m thinking of doing that  

We had Chance put to sleep at home, so the vet that came did the paw impression. I didn’t think to take a stamp to have for images.  

We drove down to pick him up when he came back specifically to say goodbye to them.  We got the card from them too.  It’s was so tough.  I know what you went through.  

I also had a necklace made that has a glass ball with his ashes rolled into it.  It’s beautiful.  And we had a Cuddle Clone of him made that has really helped comfort us.  

15 hours ago, psulion22 said:

They can do tattoos where they mix a tiny amount of the ashes into the ink, so it gets embedded into you. I’m thinking of doing that  

We had Chance put to sleep at home, so the vet that came did the paw impression. I didn’t think to take a stamp to have for images.  

We drove down to pick him up when he came back specifically to say goodbye to them.  We got the card from them too.  It’s was so tough.  I know what you went through.  

I also had a necklace made that has a glass ball with his ashes rolled into it.  It’s beautiful.  And we had a Cuddle Clone of him made that has really helped comfort us.  

We opted to have his ashes scattered into the ocean. I personally didn’t see the point of having an urn kicking around.

On 2/6/2018 at 2:41 PM, IPv6Freely said:

“Yes.”

”Nope.”

I miss you, buddy. 

I gotta say... I could actually do that....  very cool and I'm not a tattoo kinda guy

• Like 2