Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

honestabe.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Got honest Abe tattooed on my right calf by JJ at B'Z Ink in Rochester MI. Abe invented freedom in my mind, and we all owe him quite a bit for the country we live in, theres my tribute, right next to my grandpas memorial.

I realize the decision is mine, and getting a tattoo is for me and nobody else, but is there anything wrong with getting the logo of your favorite sports team? (Caps, duh) I didn't think so, but some of my friends are giving me a hard time about it.

If the decision is yours, and it's for you and nobody else, why ask the advice of strangers on a message board? How long have you wanted it? Wait 6 months, then make the appointment. If you still want it then, then get it.

I was wondering how Tattoos across the shoulders or the upper back feel and usually turn out.

I am thinking of getting "SuperDan" tattooed across that area, in honor of my Uncle who has a terminal brain tumor, and was told he had 3 years to live 12 years ago and he is still fighting.

Congratulations to your uncle for not giving up the fight! I have a series of three tattoos across my shoulder blades and back that I got almost 10 years ago. The tattoos still are in good shape and have not changed in shape since my back hasn't gotten bigger (only my bell :lol: ). I thought they tattoos were going to be a bit painful, but it was less painful than a lot of other areas. The only time it hurt is when the work is done being on the shoulder blade; it felt like the needle was right on the bone (not saying that it was, but it felt like it). Hopefully this helps.

Just had an idea for another hockey-themed tatttoo. It may be one of two things...one of the best tattoo ideas ever, or one of the dumbest. *L*

This idea:

Spider-Man-Tattoo.jpg

No team specifically...but like a hockey jersey under your skin. It would take a damn good artist to pull it off....and I'm not sure I would go to that extreme....maybe a small "tear" in the forearm...or on the shoulder...

I also don't have the funds for more ink right now....just throwing it out to the tattooed masses of MSH.

...thoughts?

[EDIT]: as it turns out....it's been done:

nyr_fan_francis.jpg

I wouldnt do it unless i was very confident with the tatooist. I think if they arent great it could look pretty bad. I am not a fan of the rangers one. THe spiderman one is unreal though.

I like that idea! I wish I'd known of that before I got my Pens logo done haha :) Very cool....

It looks easy enough to do it over a tattoo you already have. Almost like a cover up.

It looks easy enough to do it over a tattoo you already have. Almost like a cover up.

It'd be near impossible to match the skin tone. And if you ever got a tan it'd look quite strange.

Thinking of getting my 3rd tattoo. I cant draw so I smashed pics together, but obviously it will be unique to me.

Untitled.jpg

Absit Omen is a protection saying in Latin, roughly "no evil omen". The flower is a Lotus because I studied buddhism in uni and it goes well with the blue bird which is for my mom.

Still debating it however. I have one on my chest and one on my back. This one would most likley go on my inner bicep which means it will be the first tattoo that I wouldnt be able to hide in a t-shirt. My job has nothing against visible tattoos.. so they say (police).

Had a customer come through my line, he had a good sized tattoo on his forearm, probably about 4 inches tall. It was a naked woman, on her knees, her hands cuffed behind her back, and a chain running from the cuff to a stake. Classy. Too bad I couldn't snap a picture when he wasnt looking.

Had a customer come through my line, he had a good sized tattoo on his forearm, probably about 4 inches tall. It was a naked woman, on her knees, her hands cuffed behind her back, and a chain running from the cuff to a stake. Classy. Too bad I couldn't snap a picture when he wasnt looking.

:facepalm: ... what else can ya do?

Thinking About getting a tattoo, for my half-brother that passed away last month. Thinking of getting his nick-name and his last name "BUCKY JOY" down the center of a cross with his birth year(1972) and death year (2010) on each arm possibly located on my leg as I dont feel I can pull of a tattoo anywhere else on my body

Thinking About getting a tattoo, for my half-brother that passed away last month. Thinking of getting his nick-name and his last name "BUCKY JOY" down the center of a cross with his birth year(1972) and death year (2010) on each arm possibly located on my leg as I dont feel I can pull of a tattoo anywhere else on my body

That would be really cool on your calf.

Why didn't you just ask his permission to take the picture?

They're not serious are they???

Looks like they are and it justifies using another :facepalm:

I nearly fell over when I saw these at the Stars Center in Frisco...