Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BK

Grilling recipes

Anybody have any good recipes? I know there are a few southern msh members out there.. how about sharing some love?

Here's a few of mine.. Sorry, they are a little more traditional, less BBQ.

Garlic Teriyaki Steak.

Mince a few cloves of garlic and a little ginger (about a table spoons worth).

Put trimmed sirloin in a bag and add garlic/ginger and 1/2 cup of Yoshida's brand teriyaki sauce. Leave in the fridge overnight.

Preheat grill to 350 and slowcook the steaks, basting 3 times with the sauce. Once when you first put the cuts on, 2nd on first flip and finally a few minutes before you take them off. I like these medium rare/rare.

I will cook a pot of rice when I grill and put some vegi's in a tin and steam them right on the grill. My wife likes me to put a few onion slices right on the grill and baste them with the steaks.

Pre-game grilled chicken.

Trim as much fat as you can off of butterfly cut breasts. Cook them high heat (400ish) basting lightly with butter. I usually enjoy a good plate of pasta and a light white sauce on it.

If anybody has any good dry rub rib recipes, they would be GREATLY appreciated. Whats some good bbq sauces? I am looking to try out a few REAL bbq recipes but need some advice from some people who do REAL bbq.

try 1 level teaspoon of baking soda per kg of meat esp ribs , the meat just slides off the bone, I don;t know whats the chemical reaction, but it sure works wonders

I dont know if its also a grilling thing, but i used to be a sucker for Cajun (marinated) stuff.

The key to a good steak or any meat for that matter is getting the best meat possible. Dont get your meat from the supermarket. Go to a top notch butcher. With steak dont settle for anything less than 28 day dry aged steaks. Dont even marinate the steak, throw it on the gril,DONT COOK PAST MEDIUM, whip up some Bernaise sauce and mangiare.

He's sharing a recipe he likes, isn't that the idea of this thread?

Thanks Chef Boyardee, but, not all of us like our steak cooked the way you do.

The key to a good steak or any meat for that matter is getting the best meat possible. Dont get your meat from the supermarket. Go to a top notch butcher. With steak dont settle for anything less than 28 day dry aged steaks. Dont even marinate the steak, throw it on the gril,DONT COOK PAST MEDIUM, whip up some Bernaise sauce and mangiare.

There's a difference between posting a recipe and telling people how to cook a steak.

If he would've said "try this - 1 aged steak..." there wouldn't have any problems.

Hey, I know its a little bit different, but any of you (college) guys ever cook on a George Foreman grill? Thats all we're allowed in our apartment complex as we're not allowed actual grills (so steak is pretty much out), and all we use it for is burgers and sausage for our eggs. What other kinda stuff can you cook on it and of course what do you to do to make it taste better, it seems to dry everything out so much.

There's a difference between posting a recipe and telling people how to cook a steak.

If he would've said "try this - 1 aged steak..." there wouldn't have any problems.

hey, give him a break... he pays for his music, as well as aged steak. haha

I'm a fan of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce as of late... some of the Jack Daniel's stuff you can find in the supermarkets is pretty good too.

...I miss having my own grill. Luckily, they just opened a Firefly's BBQ right next to my brother's place.. they have a buffet on Sundays... lookout! haha

for an easy chicken marinade... "3 glass marinade".. 1 glass soy sauce, 1 glass water, 1 glass of cooking wine. Marinade, and grill. My dad stir-frys it sometimes... fantastic. The marinade itself is a good base, and can be tinkered with ie: minced garlic, or some sugar, ginger, etc. Be creative!

I really enjoy Seared Tuna Steak:

Take a good-sized tuna steak and grill it very quickly so that the inside stays raw. Add some soy/teriyaki sauce and enjoy. I've also tried putting sesame seeds or pepper on the outside of the tuna steaks. I think it makes for a nice crust.

Marinate, marinate, marinate.

I love using a dry rub on some salmon, and put it skin side down on soem Reynold release wrap. Medium to low heat, etc...

When it's done turn the fish over and the skin comes right off.

If you want a tough dry steak cook it well done. Most people think that the meat at their local supermarket is good when in most cases its crap.

The key to cooking on a forman is to use cheap meat with a high fat content I used to make steak sandwich's on my roomates all the time. Get a cheap, thin, fatty steak rub some pepper and garlic on it grill it to med med-rare and use the bun to soak up the grease when the steak is done throw some onions and peppers on the grill then add them and some cheese to the sandwich...horrible for you but great.

for an easy chicken marinade... "3 glass marinade".. 1 glass soy sauce, 1 glass water, 1 glass of cooking wine. Marinade, and grill. My dad stir-frys it sometimes... fantastic. The marinade itself is a good base, and can be tinkered with ie: minced garlic, or some sugar, ginger, etc. Be creative!

Why use water??

Water has no flavour,

If you want a tough dry steak cook it well done. Most people think that the meat at their local supermarket is good when in most cases its crap.

Actually, not all that meat is "crap" if you go up to the counter and grab some steaks you will get pretty quality meat. Some supermarkets rent out the counter and let butchers come in and sell the quality meat!

Also you can find some good meat in the refrigerator thing, you just have too look!!

Trust me my dad was in the meat business for 21 years, I think some of his knowledge has rubbed off on me. And not everyone lives in giant houses and don't have the 6 digit income to afford high quality meat.

Oh I am talking about the butcher at the supermarket. Who says you need 6 figures to buy a 10-20 dollar steak?

So, I'm not sure what you guys think of it but I'm quite partial to Diana's Sauce. Honey Garlic is delicious on Chicken and Pork.

Oh I am talking about the butcher at the supermarket. Who says you need 6 figures to buy a 10-20 dollar steak?

Yeah because when you have a 5 digit income, I really think that buying $10-20 is on the top of the "things to do list"

Every now and then it is ok, but not every time you eat a steak!

Meat prices at the super market are ridiculous. Me and my family usually just by a cow/pig or whichever type of meat we plan on eating and get it butchered. Being as we live in a smaller farming community this is much more accessible to us than someone living in a city but if you have the opportunity i would suggest it. Paying around a 1-1.50 for a 10-20 dollar steak is pretty sweet. :D

I said in most cases, I did not say in all cases. BTW calling me chef boyardee again... very "wity"

Why use water??

Water has no flavour,

water will tone down the sodium in the soy sauce.... feel free to marinate in straight soy, and cooking wine... it may be overkill though. haha

^^^Oh I know that I was gunna add more as you can see by the comma and not the period at the end of the statement. I was gunna add that why don't you add something else that would balance out the flavour? Water is good and all, but if you use oranges or Lemons(or a variety of ingredients) you will balance out the saltiness, and add some olive oil. Or add some brown sugar or honey that will balance it out. Also try Hoisin sauce instead of soy sauce, it is a fermented soy bean paste but it is not as salty as soy sauce. It is more pungent, and I would advise you to use less, but I like it.

Quick and easy marinade...

1/2cup Soy sauce

1/4cup Wine

1 tbsp Sesame oil(not too much as this stuff is strong)

1 tbsp Lemon juice

1 tbsp Brown sugar(or honey w.e)

2 garlic gloves

Pepper to taste...

Sorry I watch way too many cooking shows :P

^^^Oh I know that I was gunna add more as you can see by the comma and not the period at the end of the statement. I was gunna add that why don't you add something else that would balance out the flavour? Water is good and all, but if you use oranges or Lemons(or a variety of ingredients) you will balance out the saltiness, and add some olive oil. Or add some brown sugar or honey that will balance it out. Also try Hoisin sauce instead of soy sauce, it is a fermented soy bean paste but it is not as salty as soy sauce. It is more pungent, and I would advise you to use less, but I like it.

Quick and easy marinade...

1/2cup Soy sauce

1/4cup Wine

1 tbsp Sesame oil(not too much as this stuff is strong)

1 tbsp Lemon juice

1 tbsp Brown sugar(or honey w.e)

2 garlic gloves

Pepper to taste...

Sorry I watch way too many cooking shows :P

I'll give this one a try this weekend. Thanks.

Any more? I'm Still looking for a good dry rub for ribs.