Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mack

Batman: The Dark Knight

Sucks this movie is sold out for the whole opening weekend in Calgary IMAX theatres. So i guess i will probably just see it in regular first then IMAX sometime next week.

I'm hoping Sunday afternoon isn't as busy as Saturday night. Both the 6:45 and 7:00 were sold out...I didn't want to hang til 10:00...so I went to see Wanted. When I came out both the 10 & 10:15 were sold out and the lineup to get in were crazy...down the hall out into the lobby. No room near the concessions at all.

Just got back. Pretty spectacular. If you're going to leave the legacy of a final movie/character...that's one hell of a legacy for Heath Ledger.

I hope no one even puts Nicholson and Ledger in the same sentence about the Joker now. I still think they can pull off a Gordon Levitt recast.

I hope no one even puts Nicholson and Ledger in the same sentence about the Joker now. I still think they can pull off a Gordon Levitt recast.

Leavitt would be a better riddler cast choice.

Ledger's Joker is one of the best characters I've ever seen on film. Ridiculously awesome. Any actor attempting to reprise that role would have to have a huge set of clankers on him, because I can't see anybody even approaching that performance. You forget it's Heath Ledger playing Joker, it's just 'Joker'.

I thought the movie could have been streamlined a bit, when I first heard it was over 2.5 hours I was really excited, but it did seem to drag at points, particularly the last 30 minutes.

Can we maybe get someone to add *spoilers* the thread title of this and move other comic book discussions to a different thread?

Someone added "spoilers" to the thread name and I agree that comic stuff can be moved to its own thread.

As for anyone touching the Joker role, I'd rather they just leave it be and not have someone try to follow Ledger's version as well. I just think if they decided to do it, they could, like if they needed to replace Peter Parker in Spider-Man they could.

For a Riddler, I'd like the guy (Michael Emerson I think?) who plays Ben on Lost.

Are there any plans yet to make a third movie? I just think it's going to be really hard to follow up on this one properly, especially if they choose to bring in a new villian in a lead role. I'd love to see them bring Superman in and basically follow Miller's Dark Knight Returns storyline. That would be all kinds of awesome, but I don't know if they could get it done.

The only real issues I had with the current movie is that the whole cell-phone sonar thing was a little bit dumb, and the scene where Joker had the knife in the black mobster's mouth and then the camera cut away and the guy just dropped. I can understand they wanted the PG-13 rating, but couldn't they at least have the guy screaming on the floor or something? Getting your cheek sliced isn't going to instantly kill you, so unless I missed something there, I thought that scene didn't really make sense.

The only real issues I had with the current movie is that the whole cell-phone sonar thing was a little bit dumb, and the scene where Joker had the knife in the black mobster's mouth and then the camera cut away and the guy just dropped. I can understand they wanted the PG-13 rating, but couldn't they at least have the guy screaming on the floor or something? Getting your cheek sliced isn't going to instantly kill you, so unless I missed something there, I thought that scene didn't really make sense.

The first time Fox used it was great. Turning every cell phone (most of which aren't equipped with the cutting edge, newly developed technology I would think) into one was a stretch and a bit of Deus Ex to let them find the Joker.

My friends both said they thought the movie was over a few times before it was (ala the 15 fade outs in LOTR 3), but I never got that and sat pleasantly through the whole thing.

My big problem was that they never really linked Dent with Rachel in a way that makes me believe his loss of her made him go mad. A wife and kids would be much more fitting for that, along with father, brothers, etc (the newer Punisher movie style)

Two-Face will be pretty killer in the next movie, especially if he's working in tandem with Riddler or someone else.

Two-Face will be pretty killer in the next movie, especially if he's working in tandem with Riddler or someone else.

Yeah, all they gotta do is get around that part where he died and all...

Yeah, all they gotta do is get around that part where he died and all...

Like I told my friends- it's a comic book movie, weirder shit has happened than people thinking a guy is dead when he's not. He only supposedly died, they could have him locked away somewhere.

I saw the movie with my friends last night. Amazing movie. Ledger had one of those rare performances where, the rest of the movie is good, but once he gets back on screen, you know it's going to be great.

Like Rustpot, my friends and I were also saying how it seemed like the movie was about to end a few times. I got that sense a little bit, but it didn't hurt the movie to me.

I think Two-Face is going to be a pretty sick character.

Does anyone think that The Riddler was in the Dark Knight?

I think that Coleman Reese (the lawyer who was gonna spill the beans about Batman) is a potential villain for the next one as the Riddler. I mean he kinda fits the story of the Riddler well. In the comics, the Riddler was the only person to actually figure out Batman's true identity, His name in the comics was Edward Nygma, (E. Nygma, a play on the word enigma), while in the Dark Knight his name was Coleman Reese (Mr. Reese, a play on the word Mysteries). So I don't know, it might be purely coincidental, or it might be a hint towards a villain.

I don't know if Eckhart can fill the role as full-time villian, like I said, it's going to be tough for anybody to step in there after Ledger's performance. Not just as Joker, but whomever the next main bad guy is going to be, he's going to be compared to Joker, and he almost certainly will not be as good.

I think that Coleman Reese (the lawyer who was gonna spill the beans about Batman) is a potential villain for the next one as the Riddler. I mean he kinda fits the story of the Riddler well. In the comics, the Riddler was the only person to actually figure out Batman's true identity, His name in the comics was Edward Nygma, (E. Nygma, a play on the word enigma), while in the Dark Knight his name was Coleman Reese (Mr. Reese, a play on the word Mysteries). So I don't know, it might be purely coincidental, or it might be a hint towards a villain.

Nice point, I didn't realize that.

Who was that actor though? Is he really going to be the lead villian in the next movie? I guess they could re-cast the role pretty easily.

Riddler was an employee of Wayne Enterprises in Jim Carey flick as well.

That seems to be too coincidental NOT to be planned. Nicely done.

Are there any plans yet to make a third movie? I just think it's going to be really hard to follow up on this one properly, especially if they choose to bring in a new villian in a lead role. I'd love to see them bring Superman in and basically follow Miller's Dark Knight Returns storyline. That would be all kinds of awesome, but I don't know if they could get it done.

The core are signed up for three, though one is supposed to be an "ensemble" project. That was thought to have been a possible JLA movie but now it would seem to be if they do one, it'll be Batman v. Superman like the poster in I Am Legend. Personally I hope they just do a third with Batman on the run as an outlaw.

As for your small issue, that was a bit lame but the "tryout" at the end of that scene was worth it.

Here's some cool Dark Knight art, if anyone's interested -

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37549

Uh...I'm pretty sure he slit the guy's (Gamble) throat. He wasn't anywhere to be found in the rest of the film and was one of the biggest "adversaries" of the Joker.

Personally I hope they just do a third with Batman on the run as an outlaw.

Sounds like a good opening to insert a Huge Strange arc. The whole "Batman: Prey" thing.

In the comics, the Riddler was the only person to actually figure out Batman's true identity,

In Batman canon, Strange also manages to figure it out as well .

I think they can just loosely adapt Dark Knight Returns for this next one by not setting it in the future.

Just thinking that they could have disguised Chicago a little better to represent Gotham City. And how in the hell did Mike Golic wind up getting a line let alone a part in this movie.