Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Karly14

grip!

i know there has been threads on this issue before, but i put a light coat of shoe goo on the shaft of my stick and it worked amazing, it actually felt like the yellow easton grip, i dont know if anyone has suggested this before, but if you havent tried it, do it, it works unbelievably well, just make sure to apply smoothly and let it dry,

I have a Brendan Morrow Pro Stock stick (XN10). The shaft feels tacky, but not like a thick rubbery grip (Its a coat of something). Does any one know what he might put on his stick? I would like to put some of whatever it is on my sticks.

Its a little hard for me to tell what left handed sticks are but here is what I am thinking it is:

Round toe, Mid curve, 5.5 lie, a little more than 1/2'' deep.

Hope this helps you some.

No Problem.

It sounds like you work at a hockey shop, so do you know of any thing you can put on your stick to make it tacky. I dont want it real thick though. Just a little sticky.

So TPS mirrored his pattern?

If it's an older XN10 where the graphics in the middle are only the "XN10" then it's the paint that feels tacky. I had a couple models with those and they feel a lot different (read: better) than the XN10s with the new graphics.

i know there has been threads on this issue before, but i put a light coat of shoe goo on the shaft of my stick and it worked amazing, it actually felt like the yellow easton grip, i dont know if anyone has suggested this before, but if you havent tried it, do it, it works unbelievably well, just make sure to apply smoothly and let it dry,

does it hide the graphics? that sounds like a good idea....... :)

Wolves, what kind of curve is that? I have some of his pro stock blades on the way, but I have a feeling that they're retail.

Were those the ones on ebay, Kozy?

Yup. I have no clue if they're the retails or not, the only pic they had was from the side. From the side they looked to be mid-curves with rounded toes, unlike the Morrow heel with square toe. I'm not entirely convinced that they're pro stock though. That same shop has been selling RH pro return Mark Messier and Darcy Tucker blades, both of whom are LH and have retail patterns from TPS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

Exactly. I won the blades six days ago, and they still haven't sent them out yet, too. I feel some negative feedback coming up.

Yeah, you might have a problem. Hopefully not though. On Ebay do you get your money back if you never get the product?

it doesnt hide the graphics at all, you cant even tell its on the stick it doesnt have to be thick either just put a light coat on, rub it down with something to make it smooth, i think youd be suprised how well it works, for me and a bunch of guyi know too

A few questions: How well does this shoe goo stay on the shaft (compared to say the "tape method")? If so, how often do you reapply? Will the residue (if any) muck up the palms? Is it a clear-coat? And is "shoe goo" a term, or an actual brand name?

A few questions:  How well does this shoe goo stay on the shaft (compared to say the "tape method")?  If so, how often do you reapply? Will the residue (if any) muck up the palms?  Is it a clear-coat?  And is "shoe goo" a term, or an actual brand name?

shoe goo website

It's also popular among skateboarders (where I first heard of it) to repair the wear on shoes from griptape...I know it comes in black and clear...maybe some other colors as well.

I've been doing this for a while, and I honestly think it's the same grip as the '03 Easton grip, but its hard to get thin. I used a trowl tom smooth mine out but it's still kinda think. If you can get in on prefect though it works very well.